We've recently surpassed our initial goal and have decided to try to keep going! If you're interested in helping up reach higher fundraising goals, here's what you can expect to see from us:
$14,000 - Local Donor Party hosted by Job Hunters cast and crew. We'll be throwing a special party here in Seattle for all local donors to come hang out and meet the cast and crew.
$16,000 - Season One Music Video. We'll be filming a "Do You Want To Date My Avatar" style music video to supplement the first Season of Job Hunters.
$18,000 - Out of State Donor Party at a popular convention. We'll be flying to a popular convention a little further from home to throw a donor party for our out-of-state fans.
$20,000 - Behind the Scenes Documentary. We’ll hire additional crew members to create an in depth and professional looking Behind the Scenes documentary of the filming of Season One.
What is Job Hunters?
Job Hunters is a comedic web series about roommates set in a dystopian society.
After college, people must fight in an arena from 9am-5pm daily in order to be properly placed into a career. Job Hunters focuses on one “rag-tag group” of hunters during their down time, spent in a government sanctioned safe house. Yes, there will be blood. And roommate issues.
Job Hunters is created by a group of writers, actors, and filmmakers in Seattle, WA. The core consists of:
- Kristina Horner (Producer/Writer/”Avery”): italktosnakes and All Caps. Tweet her.
- Forest Gibson (Producer/Writer/”Devon”): Know Your Meme and LaughPong. Tweet him.
- Tara Theoharis (Producer/Writer/”Tiffany”): The Geeky Hostess and Zaxy.com. Tweet her.
- Liz Leo (Producer/Writer): She was an extra in Twilight. Seriously. Tweet her.
Creating a web series of this magnitude requires a lot of costs. These include:
- Costuming: Arena jumpsuits to character-specific clothing.
- Props/Weapons: Weapons in the arena, set dressing, and more.
- Makeup/Gore: Our characters will be fighting on a daily basis. Which means a whole lot of injuries!
- Crew Costs: To create the best series possible, we’ve got to work with some great crew and camera/editing equipment. This adds up really quickly.
Anything you can give will be a huge help. Perhaps our incentives on the right can sweeten the deal?
What’s the production status?
Job Hunters is currently being written and cast. We will begin shooting in January with an air date beginning in March, 2012. The series will be available on YouTube and www.WatchJobHunters.com.How do I find out more about you?
Thank you all for your support as we make this web series!
- (30 days)