About this project
Under heavy clouds, the troop-carrying planes were blasted by German anti-aircraft fire, scattering their airborne troops everywhere but where they were supposed to be.
You are one of these paratroopers. And as luck turns out, the winds have blown you directly where you are needed the most! Ahead, a hidden German bunker containing two 24.0 cm Schiffskanone L/50 Guns, pointed directly at the beaches. Only you can stop them from killing the Allied troops!
You are alone, and lost your equipment bag during the jump. The only things you have left are your trusted Colt Pistol and your ingenuity. You look at your watch: it’s 0700, the landings are starting. Will you have time to sabotage the German battery before it decimates the men on the beach? All you need is some explosives...
A light war game for 1-4 players, with an average gaming time of 10 minutes.
“Airborne In Your Pocket” comes in individual “sets,” each of which contains enough components for 1 player (perfect for solitaire!). If you want to play against a friend, he will need his own set, and if you get all 4 sets, you can play with up to 4 players!
The 4 sets are:
SPADE (a medium difficulty set, which includes the legendary MP40 and the smoke grenade)
DIAMOND (a medium difficulty set, which includes the Mauser C96 and the powerful Solothurn 18/1000 anti-tank rifle)
CLUB (the easiest set, which includes the mighty MKb42 and the illumination grenade)
HEART (the most challenging set, which includes various combat knives and the infamous D-ration)
Each set will contain a complete and unique set of 16 locations, a deck of 10 Events, 4 Special Operatives, 5 Scenarios, 1 soldier figurine, 1 dial card (to keep track of time and resources) and around 25 Item cards, sold in a tuck box. If you buy all 4 sets, this means you'll get 64 different Locations, 40 Events, 20 Scenarios and over 100 Item cards!
The MSRP for each set will be $19.95.
Here are some links for our game:
Domestic (US) shipping is included in all supporter levels. If you live in Canada, please add $10 to your pledge.
If you live in Europe (including the UK), please add $35 to your pledge.
If you live somewhere other than USA, Canada or Europe (including UK), please add $45 to your pledge.
All supporters who pledge $5 or more will receive the official “AIYP” cloth patch (worth $5).
All supporters who pledge $35 or more will also receive a free copy of the “Currahee!” expansion (worth $10).
If our campaign reaches its funding goal, we will start adding “stretch rewards,” that will be given to all supporters who pledge $70 or more. There are a lot of stretch rewards coming, so let’s all hope this campaign goes well!
Here are the stretch rewards for this project, so far:
Valley Games and Emmanuel Aquin care deeply about the sacrifices of soldiers during World War II. The games we produce (“D-Day Dice” and “Airborne In Your Pocket”) are designed to entertain while keeping alive the memory of the fallen. We tip our hats to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and hope that our humble games might contribute in some way to generate interest in their fate. Valley Games has made donations to veterans’ associations and encourages you to do the same.
We are profoundly honored that 2 veteran paratroopers who jumped on D-Day agreed to sign their books for us. We are talking about men of the 101st Division, 506th PIR, who served in the legendary Band of Brothers! These guys are the real deal, folks!
Ed Shames (jumped as part of 3rd Battalion, HQ Company) and William “Wild Bill” Guarnere (jumped as part of 2nd Battalion, Easy Company):
And here are their respective books:
In Tonight We Die As Men, Ian Gardner & Roger Day skillfully present the untold story of 3rd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, from their training in Camp Toccoa to the Normandy campaign. Using first-hand accounts of the men who were there (including Ed Shames), as well as the French civilians who witnessed the landings, this book sheds light on the men whose actions were every bit as incredible as those of their comrades from Easy Company. Foreword by Ed Shames. (Hardcover)
In Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends, journalist Robyn Post lets “Wild Bill” Guarnere and “Babe” Heffron tell their story in their own unmistakable voices. Reading this book is like hearing those 2 veterans of Easy Company in your living room. This is a very touching account of a beautiful friendship born in the fires of World War II. (Softcover)
Their books can be found in some of the supporter levels, on the right column.
AIRBORNE FOREVER: This level offers the now-famous “Line for Life” for our game. You will get every game component we will ever produce for AIYP, including any promos. And the future is rich for our game: we'll have 5-6 more sets, 2 of which are the "German" sets (allowing you to play against the Allies), 2 expansions called "Lead the Way!" and "Ships Ahoy!" (those work like "Currahee!" and "Hooah!", allowing the players to start their game earlier, only this time they start from the landing crafts or from scaling cliffs), the Campaign Book (an actual book which will introduce campaign rules and many more scenarios), the "Warring Nations" expansions (at 2 countries per pack, we will have 6 new packs, not counting the "Italy/USA" pack that was offered for free as a stretch reward), some interesting crossover expansions and scenarios for combining AIYP with the upcoming reprints of "Up Front" and "Zombie In Your Pocket" ("Airborne vs. Zombies"), more promo Special Operatives (we have already 6, with more on the way), more bonus Event sets (with corresponding Item cards) and 1 or 2 expansion ideas that are under development (Emmanuel doesn't want to reveal too much about these, since they might change a lot before getting published).
All in all, there is more than $220 worth of stuff in there. And that's not counting the other promos or expansions Emmanuel has invented yet.
IMPORTANT NOTE: the "promo items" mentioned in the description on the right should read "promo game components" (like promo cards and exclusives). This does not include accessories like the tin boxes or anything else that's not necessary to play the game.
"Airborne Forever" & "Airborne Memorial" will also include an exclusive signed card.
Important note: This does not include accessories (like tin boxes, books, T-Shirts and what-have-you).
Airborne In Your Pocket started as a “print-and-play” (do-it-yourself) game, published on the popular gaming site BoardGameGeek in 2008. Slowly but surely, it garnered a small following of fans, and earned 2 consecutive “Best Game” nominations for the “Print-and-Play” category on the BoardGameGeek Awards (2009 & 2010).
It was while developing the “Hooah!” expansion for AIYP that the author, Emmanuel Aquin, had the idea for his other game, D-Day Dice. And now that D-Day Dice has been published to great acclaim, Emmanuel has decided to return to AYIP and enhance it for publication.
AIYP is the first game of the “In Your Pocket” line, which will be published by Valley Games. The next title in the series will be Zombie In Your Pocket, by Jeremiah Lee…
We have a lot of items that supporters can add to their pledge (multiple copies are possible). Remember that you can change the amount of your pledge at any time by clicking the “Manage your pledge” button, on your right (it’s the blue one, underneath the time remaining).
At the end of the campaign, we will send out a survey and you will have the opportunity to indicate on it all the extras you have pledged for. Remember, you must pay for the extras up front.
- BONUS FIGURINES: A set of 8 AIYP figurines (scale: 1/72), in 4 different colors (2 of each color), to replace the ones your cat or your dog might eat.
- BONUS DICK WINTERS FIGURINES: A set of 8 AIYP Dick Winters figurines (scale: 1/72), in 4 different colors (2 of each color), to replace the ones some other animal might eat or because it just looks so cool!
- INSIDE THE BUNKER (mini-expansion for 1-4 players): This allows you to combine “Airborne In Your Pocket” with “D-Day Dice”. Now, you can use AIYP to simulate the fight inside the bunker! Contains around 20 cards and 1 bonus Location. Note: this expansion will be given for free to all “D-Day Dice” Kickstarter supporters who also pledge $35 or more for this campaign.
- LIMITED EDITION TIN BOX: A tin box will hold 1 set. Each box has a different design, matching the sets (there are 4 models). We will include boxes to match your sets at the price of $5 each, or all 4 for $15.
- ADDITIONAL AIRBORNE IN YOUR POCKET PATCH: Everyone who pledges at least $5 will receive this patch. You may purchase additional patches for $5 each.
- COMMISSION PACK: As requested by many of you, here is a mini-expansion for D-Day Dice, which will not be sold through regular retailers. This pack includes cards originally only available in the D-Day Dice Kickstarter exclusives "K-Pack" and "Distinguished Service Pack". $5.
- CURRAHEE! (expansion for 1-4 players): Start the game inside the plane and choose when to jump from the plane, how long you'll stay airborne and when you land! Be careful not to miss the Drop Zone! Contains 40 “Parachute Event” cards, 1 Special Operative (The Jumpmaster), and 1 big location (The Drop). This expansion contains enough components for 4 players. Everyone who pledges at least $35 will receive this expansion for free. You may purchase additional copies for $10 each.
- HOOAH! (expansion for 1-4 players): Inside of landing from the sky, you can land from the sea! With “Hooah!”, you can relive the terrible beach landings, and move inland to reach the Drop Zone! Contains 40 “Beach Event” cards, 1 Special Operative (The Hero), and 1 big Location (The Beach). This expansion contains enough components for 4 players.
- 1 SET OF AIRBORNE IN YOUR POCKET: For every $15, you may add any 1 set (Spade, Diamond, Club or Heart). You may add up to 4 sets to your pledge this way. If you are in Canada, add an extra $3 per additional set. Europe, add an extra $5.
- LIMITED EDITION TIN BOX (SET OF 4): A tin box will hold 1 set. Each box has a different design, matching the sets (there are 4 models). When you order this extra, you will receive all 4 different box models.
- 1 COPY OF D-DAY DICE + “INSIDE THE BUNKER”: Supporters in Canada must add $5 for shipping. Sorry, but this extra is not open to European supporters (for now, anyway).
tel. 01547 529093 / 05603 416575
Absolutely! Since it is an actual game component it is a product offered to a Line for Life supporter automatically.
Purchasing extras must be done when you make your pledge. Simply add up the cost of all the extras you wish to purchase and then add that amount to the base price of the tier you wish to pledge at. Then, at the end of the campaign, when we send out the survey you will be have the opportunity to identify all the extras you did purchase.
No. Due to the limitations to our access to the payment system, we cannot charge you later for the extras. And, we would feel terrible having to tell you that later.
If you have already pledged and now need to add to that pledge to cover extras you would like, simply come back to the Airborne In Your Pocket main page and you will see a button called, "Manage Your Pledge" just under where is show backers, amount pledged and days to go. Click on that button and you will be able to adjust your payment and/or pledge.
Support this project
- (44 days)