The World's First Modern Day Crown
The World's First Modern Day Crown
M.O.C. is launching "The World's First Modern Day Crown," combining Fine Art, Fine Jewelry, and Fine Fabric using NASA technology.
M.O.C. is launching "The World's First Modern Day Crown," combining Fine Art, Fine Jewelry, and Fine Fabric using NASA technology. Read more
About this project
Why Do You Need a Crown?
The typical cap, or fitted hat, is made of acrylic/wool blends, which are not only linked to some skin cancers, but are also environmentally unsafe and hold bacteria. Hats and caps do very little to manage temperature. My Own Crown®, however, is committed to solving these issues by using environmentally safe, bacteria free, UV protected, and temperature regulating fabric materials. Therefore, we will not refer to our products as simply hats or caps - we will call them Crowns.
Research shows that most people spend $25-$95 on a fitted cap, which, in most cases, tends to lose its shape, color, and style after one wash. Furthermore, the average fitted cap is not recyclable. Nevertheless, all of our Crowns are made with the finest recyclable, natural materials on the market, and are comparable in price. Why wear a cap when you can own a Crown?
Key Accessories and Technological Factors
1) Outlast® Technology: On any given hot, sunny day, the temperature is guaranteed to rise and wearing a ball cap will not keep your head cool. My Own Crown® has teamed up with Outlast® Technology to implement Phase Change Material, which is used to protect NASA astronauts from temperature fluctuations in space. Phase Change Material continuously absorbs excess body heat and releases it to manage moisture; also, this technology continuously adapts to thermal changes, and reduces overheating, chilling, and perspiration. This is better than shade from a brim. So don't be a hot head!
2) Anti Microbial Technology: The average cap and sweatband accumulates bacteria from dirt, oil, and sweat. Our Crowns are treated with an anti-microbial solution to prevent the growth of common skin bacteria on fabric. All of our sweatbands are treated with anti-microbial technology and are made of a moisture wicking fabric that is designed to pull moisture away from the skin and out to the exterior of the fabric.
3) Outer Fabric:
3) Removable Crown Jewels: My Own Crown® is proud to adorn our Championship Crown Series with our removable, patent-pending jewels. Our jewels are offered in invisible or four prong set of precious or semi-precious half carat stones. Each stone is available in the metal selection of your choice and uniquely designed to detach accordingly. Our jewels will only fit our Crown's metal air- ports. Do not be alarmed about covering you Crown's air- ports with jewels; our natural fabric allows sufficent air circulation for the skin (See Picture eight).
4) Metals: Our Championship Crown Series also offer a variety of metals, ranging from gold to platinum. Every strand is hand sewn and designed to illuminate with every angle. This signature "Crown" design exudes class and style. Our eyelit air-ports are metal, unlike the average cap, which are typically threaded. With your help, we can fund development of gold and platinum air-ports (See Picture Eight).
5) Interchangeable Top-Button: My Own Crown® allows our clients to remove and interchange our patent pending top-button. All of our top buttons are offered in a variety of colors and metal pieces for our Championship Series designs. In addition, we offer authentic signature engraving customization.
6) Crown Storage Case: Royalty deserves a place to lie. Our Crown’s humidor design is constructed of rich dark solid wood. The glass lid is framed in mahogany, allowing you to display and store your Crown simultaneously. Your donations could help develop our cases to block humidity and create more styles.
7) Starving Artists: My Own Crown® believes the driving force behind our company is creativity and innovation, which is why we have collaborated with various artists who specialize in different mediums, such as 3D graphics, abstract art, and self-portraits. By adding unique artwork to some of our designs, we could help “starving artists” thrive, in addition to adding value to each Crown. Your patronage of the arts could help our designs become unique and support “starving artists.”
Because polyester blends with the Eco-friendly materials for our outer fabric, recyclable polyester was chosen for the inner fabric as well. My Own Crown® is committed to investing in research and development for testing more natural fabric with Outlast® Technology. My Own Crown® clients will receive a 10-15 percent discount toward their next Crown when they return their current Crown to recycle the inner lining and/or properly dispose the outer fabric to the environment.
My Own Crown® recommends that customers take their Crowns to the dry cleaners to be Wet Cleaned which is an environmentally-safe cleaning process. Most local dry cleaners that offer safe methods of cleaning apparel will display the Wet Cleaning symbol below:
While most American companies manufacture their caps or fitted hats internationally, My Own Crown® is focused on creating jobs domestically; all of the packaging, labels, hang-tags, jewelry, and technology for our Crowns will be manufactured in the United States of America. We are committed to fulfilling our fiduciary responsibility to this great nation while contributing to our economy.
Risks and challenges
Keeping up with demand of our top-button detachment. Initially we will manufacture the accessory in-house but we will hire neccesary employees to complete the task.
Any set-backs will be met with communicating effectively with our backers and sending them complementary items for their inconvenience.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (45 days)