Want to participate in a cool project that will bring some fashion to your panties? Well, you are exactly where you should be!
Welcome to the NaïS Kickstarter Campaign
Because we are like you, we want to change the world. And sometimes the small things are the ones that make a big difference. That's why we decided to launch Naïs. Because we believe that there is more to Lingerie than just functionality, and because your sense of style should be for yourself first.
We are a designer brand with a positive spirit that takes its inspiration from the urban culture, street art and retro vibes. Naïs is a comfortable and easy-to-wear line of crafted items made locally.
We like to say that we are a lifestyle brand above all else. We want you to identify with our philosophy, not just the quality of our products.
Our collections are original designs brought to life by a real craftsmanship. The result is top-level quality at a reasonable price-point. All items are designed in Bushwick, made in New York, and supplied by American companies.
We are Anaïs and Lin, two Frenchies based in Brooklyn. We launched Naïs in May 2012, with our first collection (Spring/Summer 2012) on our website.
It's very important for us to work domestically and have a real relationship with our suppliers and manufacturers. Having everything close-by is easier because we can take the time to develop our items with lots of care.
Want to know more about us ?
Our goal : Spring/Summer 2013 collection
Here we are, asking for your support to bring our Spring/Summer 13 Collection to life. We have the samples, the catalogue and, before long, the orders. But no money...
We set our goal to $7000 or more, in order to be able to produce at least 100 pieces of each styles.
With $7 000, we will :
- Buy the fabrics and supplies for half the styles
- Dye the goods in New York City
- Pay our manufacturer in Long Island to cut and sew half the styles
- Pay our lovely friends at HyLo for their amazing video and the help they brought to this campaign
With $15 000, we will :
- Buy fabrics and supplies for the entire collection
- Dye the goods in New York City
- Pay our manufacturer in Long Island for cut and sew the entire collection
- Pay our lovely friends at HyLo
With $20 000, we will do all the above plus :
- Update our website on a more efficient platform for our e-boutique. We currently use Opencart which is an open source e-commerce platform, and we would like to be able to have our own platform integrated in our website.
With $30 000 or more, we will do all the above plus :
- Participate to one or more tradeshows ( Pooltradeshow in Vegas and/or Coterie in New York)
- Renew our contract with our PR agency, which we had to stop working with for financial reasons.
- Collaborate with other designers during NYFW (building on previous projects with Imitation of Christ and Erickson Beamon)
Thank you for stopping by and participate to our Kickstarter campaign! Share it, talk about it, and show us some love ♥.
Video by HyLo.
Risks and challenges
Because we work with local suppliers and manufacturers, our risks and challenges in term of production are pretty limited. But that doesn't mean that there are none!
In order to make sure that the deadlines are met, Anaïs (the designer) will spend 2 days a week at the factory to make sure everything goes smoothly and to control the quality of our items.
This way of working will help us to to respond quickly in the event of a quality issue.
Another risk could be that our wholesale customers return some orders, which could lead to an overwhelming stock of items. In order to minimize this risk, we are taking charge of the packing and shipping of orders. This allow us to do a final quality control of the products and follow exactly the guidelines that are given to us.
The most challenging part of our effort is to develop an efficient online retail strategy. We regularly meet with online marketing professionals who help us understand the strategy that would best suit us. This is a long process, and we are looking for a solid partner that will guide us to our goal.
And finally, we encourage you to participate in our evolution, because our fans and customers are our ambassadors! This is a big challenge— to make you feel part of the project too— but it's one we are excited to meet.
We think it's important to have a real relationship with you guys, so we've decided to reward those of you who talk about our brand.
Gifts, discounts, and invitations make life sweeter, right? Stay tuned...
- (40 days)