A special RPG in which you assemble your team, build and manage your base, collect resources, and survive in a post-apocalyptic world Read more
This project was successfully funded on December 22, 2012.
Here is a brief instruction of base management. We will record a combat instruction video for the next update.
A chaotic fire fight
1. You can build wooden and stone houses
2. AI can find cover in a fire fight. It was difficult to achieve for an open-world game because it needs a locators placed in the map for the AI to recognize.
3. You companion may flee from battle if morale is too low.
4. All locations are finished and tested.
5. Most bugs from the last build are fixed.
We will keep doing the debugging and optimization. At this point, we are not adding any more features. We are polishing what we have right now.
Pathfinding: It is hard for an open world game to incorporate fantastic pathfinding. Because of the massive scale of the map and the large amount of objects in the scene, it is impossible for a traditional A* pathfinding method to run effectively, and it takes forever for navigation mesh to bake. Other than these two approches, we also tried some other methods but none of them really worked. So right now the only place where you can get true pathfinding is your base. As soon as AI left the base, they could get stuck easily. We know there must be a way around but we haven't found it yet. So if you had any insight on this, please don't hesitate to share it.