Hello again, you wonderful backers!
Explory is now live in the Apple App Store - Wheeeee!
If you didn’t have a chance to reserve your username at the special URL in the email we sent you last week, you’re probably still in good shape, as we haven’t started promoting Explory yet.
Here are 3 things we’d love you to help with:
1. Download Explory! Search on Explory in the App Store, or here (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/explory/id637022717?ls=1&mt=8)
2. Create an explory and share at least one in the Public gallery.
3. If you like Explory, please give us a review in the App Store.
Your Rewards: We’ll be monitoring the account signups to look for our backers names and emails to enable the rewards you selected (Basic account, Plus account, Kickstarter badge), but if you don’t see your account change from Free to the option you chose soon after signup, just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get that done quickly.
Create an explory! We’d be ecstatic if you created an explory and made it Public so others can see it. It's doesn't have to be long or perfect - and one of the great things about Explory is you can keep adding to it and working on it anytime.
It's soooo easy! There are 2 quick ways to get started:
1. Tap on "Story Ideas" and Explory will analyze the photos on your phone and based on time and location suggest some stories as drafts that you can edit.
2. Press the + button in the upper right and either
- select some photos and videos in your photo library, or
- take some photos or videos right now with Explory’s camera
And the easiest part of creating a great explory? The Narration! Yes, it might seem like it would be daunting but when you try it, you'll discover how amazingly easy it is. You just tap the Microphone in the right side menu and you'll see a red button. Hold down the button as you describe the image and let go. (Or you can tap to start recording and tap to finish - either way) You can swipe to the next image and tap again to record your next narration. Really, it's as easy as talking on your phone.
Ideas for explories:
- Events - Create a story about a event while it's in progress and refine it later.
- Projects - Document and share your project as it's happening.
- Business - Create a story about your business to explain your product or service.
- Reporting - Capture important stories about the world around you and share them.
- Family - Don't just capture the photos and videos, capture the story with narration.
- School - Do a project report as an explory, document a field trip.
- Teaching - Share your expertise with others.
Share your explory! When your explory is ready, tap the left side menu share button and Publish to the cloud, setting Privacy to Public to have it show up in the gallery. Whether it’s public or private, you can share your explory with your friends and family via email, messaging, Facebook or Twitter, and that’s also under the Share button.
We are incredibly excited that now everyone can get the app - we can’t wait to see what kinds of stories you will create. We’d love to get feedback on your experience with Explory - please email us comments, questions, and ideas to email@example.com.
The Explory Team.