PokéNatomy is an unofficial anatomical art project, re-imagining Pokémon through the lens of modern biology. Now, for the first time ever, you can get the incredible scientific world of Pokémon in print in a high-quality, fully illustrated, unofficial guidebook, designed to help people of all ages understand the power that's inside!
This Kickstarter-Exclusive 8”x10” book is over 300 pages long and contains all of the original 150 Pokémon, with full page anatomical illustrations for each Pokémon as well as detailed descriptions of their biology, behavior, and abilities.
Have you ever wondered what Digglett looks like under the soil? Where Voltorb come from? How Ditto Transforms? Why Abra run? Or how Magnimite reproduce?
PokéNatomy answers these questions, while clarifying and explaining diverse scientific concepts like DNA, body systems, hereditary traits, and adaptation all through the wonder and weirdness of classic Pokémon characters!
• ART LOVERS- This beautifully bound book measures 8x10 and is printed on thick high-quality photo paper. It makes for the perfect conversation starter or coffee table centerpiece for art enthusiasts and awesome/interesting people in general!
• ANYONE PASSIONATE ABOUT LEARNING ANATOMY OR BIOLOGY- Learning is fun! And what’s more fun than learning anatomy by studying Onyx metabolism or recognizing the effects of natural-selection on Scyther populations? Whatever your interests, this book will bring beauty, narrative, and accessibility to the study of biology.
• POKÉMON FANS- This book is a great addition to any Pokémaniac's collection! Use it out on the town while playing Pokémon GO! Explore the biological basis for Alola forms in Pokémon Sun/Moon. Deepen, transform, and explore depths to the Pokémon world you never knew existed, through this completely unofficial guide.
• ARTISTS AND DESIGNERS- Whether you are an aspiring concept designer or a casual student of the animal form this book is an invaluable resource for creating your own worlds and original creatures that feel more like flesh and blood than fantasy.
• TEACHERS- Already, hundreds of teachers all around the world use images from PokéNatomy in their classroom Biology lessons. Not a week has gone by without a new teacher request for high quality samples from the collection. For anyone who wants to help children explore and understand the incredible sciences of biology, zoology, or anatomy, this book is invaluable.
All donations collected for PokéNatomy will be used to cover printing and basic production expenses. To make sure the book's quality isn't compromised I've decided to work with Print Ninja.
Their expertise will ensure that the book's creation will be handled by experts, leading to a high-quality finished product. Any additional funds raised will be used to create bonus content and amazing stretch goals that improve the rewards for donors like you.
As we exceed the original 20K goal additional content, printing upgrades, and even entire new physical rewards will open up! This doesn't cost you anything extra, just remember to share the project with your friends to help us reach these exciting goalmarkers!
This book is my dream. I'm just some guy who loves art, science, and Pokémon, it's your support that makes this book possible. Through Kickstarter, a project like this can be uncompromising. It can be weird and wonderful, and it can let me deconstruct and transform famous characters through the lens of modern biology.
I couldn't do any of this without you. Without your support, without your perspectives, without you telling your friends, without your help.... PokéNatomy would not, could not, exist.
So thank you. I know that together we can create something amazing.
This book is not authorized, sponsored, endorsed, or licensed by Nintendo of America Inc. The Trademark Pokémon are owned by Nintendo of America Inc. and all trademarks mentioned in this book are the property of their respective companies and used for educational and identification purposes only.
Risks and challenges
This is my third successful Kickstarted artbook, and I am confident that illustration, production, and delivery will go smoothly.
In the extremely unlikely event that something goes horribly wrong (for example, nuclear holocaust) and prevents delivery, I will use Kickstarter to return backer pledges. Your donations are not at risk.
Currently, the book is about 30-50% done, with less than 90 Pokémon left to go. The text formatting, layout, editing, and internal design is already set. I have decided to work once again with the company PrintNinja, as I have experienced their quality and expertise firsthand.
Backers will be kept up to date on production goals and given regular previews as the book nears distribution. If any delays occur you will be the first to know.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)