SYNOPSIS: After a centuries old demon is released from the depths of an abandoned coal mine, a ragtag group of chainsmoking teenagers must join together to keep it from terrorizing their small Pennsylvania town.
Dazed and Confused meets Jeepers Creepers.
Taking cues from classic coming of age tales and blending it with the atmospheric horror of Stephen King, Fire on the Mountain is a relentlessly fun addition to the horror genre. Filled with an ensemble of endearing characters, a rollicking soundtrack, and founded on the principle that it's what is unseen that terrifies the most, the feature film is a hilarious and bone chilling plunge into the sun soaked back roads of rural Pennsylvania.
- Any great creature feature needs a memorable monster and a standout location, we plan to bring you both! Together with our incredible practical effects artist Thomas Cassidy, we've come up with a fresh take on that that classic beast. Check out the concept art!
Your pledges will pay for:
- In today's cinematic landscape we are treated with the with the same old same old, but with Kickstarter YOU have a direct line to the creative. For the price of a typical movie night out, you could have a direct hand in the creation of an independent film and how a production is made.
- We need 30K to see this film through, but Kickstarter is an ALL OR NOTHING crowdfunding platform, meaning if we fall short of our goal then we receive no funding! 15K will get us on our way, and any additional funds will only help to make this production the best that it can be.
"A project horror fans will want to get behind."- Tori Danielle (writer, co-owner of Pophorror)
- This is the type of film that begs to be watched with a group of friends and will be reeling you back for repeated viewings. Fire on the Mountain weaves drama, horror and comedy to make for a highly enjoyable thrill ride of a film complete with nail biting set pieces, jaw dropping practical gore (no CGI here) and charismatic characters. The nuanced, sprawling story-telling of Stephen King mashed with gut punch horror.
IT'S NOT your average horror film.
- If you're tired of cheap jump scares like the rest of us, here's something to really get under your skin. Our film favors dread over those annoying jump scares to create an ever mounting sense of foreboding once sh*t has hit the fan and oh boy does it hit the fan.
- By subverting horror cliches at every turn, our film transcends typical creature feature fare to become what is ultimately a thought provoking glimpse into the coal regions of Eastern Pennsylvania. There are no jocks, hot girls or nerds here. Every character is equally as vulgar and poor as the next. It's a cleverly crafted horror film to satisfy even the most jaded of movie goers.
- Low budgets (in our case micro budgets) do not have to dictate quality. In fact, when you're working with a low budget, frugality gives way to ingenuity. It simply comes down to creative story telling and vision. Great films can be made for cheap. Fire on the Mountain has a tremendously strong vision behind it as well as a versatile, wildly talented cast and crew dedicated to making the best film possible. We want to immerse audiences into the sun soaked landscape of rural Pennsylvania. Armed with a versatile Director of Photography and Patrick's strong attention to atmosphere and detail, the film will look stunning and transport viewers to Locust, Pennsylvania from its opening frame.
- If our film is successfully funded, production will begin on June 5th and take place for 20 blood/sun soaked days.
- Editing/ sound mixing will follow.
- The film will be submitted to various festivals in the early winter/spring of 2018 and perks sent out in the fall/winter of 2018.
"...the guerrilla filmmaker's most important weapons- an original mind and the unshakable will to be heard." - filmmaker John Sayles
We are rewarding contributions to our campaign with an array of exciting perks and opportunities that are listed to the right-hand column of this page: ----->
When we say we have cool perks, WE ACTUALLY MEAN IT!
In tandem with these perks, funders will also receive priority access to exclusive content throughout the campaign: everything from video-updates from the filmmakers to exclusive production updates such as casting and location scouting.
Most significantly, for each extra $1,000 we raise over our goal, we will share a consecutive page of the script with all of our supporters, giving you an exclusive glimpse at the inciting incidents that set FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN in motion.
- Impress your friends with your super soft official FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN t-shirt. Better yet, get a rad poster to hang up in your room or maybe even a sawed off shotgun prop or cool pair of glasses used by one of the characters.
- Various props
- 35 mm film stills
- and loads of other cool items!
- Thankfully, our production is avoiding CGI as much as possible which means we're going old school with the creature and gore effects. Prosthetic artist Thomas Cassidy will be bringing our demon to life. He's a man of detail and can craft the most realistic of demon suits. Our on-set special effects makeup artist Blake Harbour will be handling all the gore and blood seen in the film and trust me...there's plenty.
Hannah Weir as Laura Beth
Taylor Rosen as Mars
Crystal Evans as Sophie
Billy Brannigan as Michael
Aaron Dalla Villa as Lennon
Patrick Corcoran- Writer/Director
- Patrick Corcoran is an award-wining filmmaker from Reading, Pennsylvania. He has written and directed several short films and his latest, 'Into the Grove' sees a mild mannered teenager fighting to rescue his girlfriend back from an infamous black metal band. Patrick currently works as a freelance videographer, shooting and editing music videos and commercials as well as weddings and PSA's.
- His favorite films include Boogie Nights, Midnight Cowboy and La Haine.
- "Over the past year I've worked hard on assembling the various components needed to pull this project off. I've locked locations down, cast the right actors to play these fun characters and got an insanely talented prosthetic artist to bring our demon to life. Things have come together and we're now at our closest to fully realizing the film. Too much passion and unyielding dedication has gone into this project to make it anything BUT great. If you're a fan of horror films or just films in general, consider donating and sharing our page because when you do, you're taking part in a special project and thus, helping to create a truly memorable horror film. I humbly ask for your support. Put faith in our team and we promise to make a wildly fun horror film. Let's get this film made."
-Patrick Corcoran, writer/director
Follow us on social media!
Risks and challenges
No matter what the budget is, making films is always a challenge and FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN will be no exception. The project is ambitious. However, with in depth planning, creature design, storyboarding and a talented group of individuals dedicated to bringing this story to life, I am confident we will overcome these challenges.
Your donations will go directly towards the initial production. If funding is not successfully reached, production will be pushed off for an indefinite period of time meaning this film might not ever get made. Please consider donating to the film so you can be a part of something special and help kickstart the careers of the many talented people involved.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)