About this project
EU FRIENDLY - SEE KICKER #11
This Startup Needs Your Support.
Why Kickstarter? We're a small company. Like, really small. It would be a one man show if I didn't have such awesome family and friends volunteering their time to help with copywriting, video production, shipping, programming, marketing and modeling. What you see here is a year's worth of work since quitting the day job last February. It's time to turn this onetime hobby into a real business.
We've been selling the original jT through our website but we want to bring 5 more styles to production. We don't have the funds now to meet minimum order quantities at the manufacturer. Your Kickstarter support will get 5 new styles off the ground. What's more, you'll give us the visibility we need to put these products on a shelf near you. Maybe even create some paid jobs while we're at it.
Men's Visible Undershirt Problem Solved!
Why spend good money on a work or club shirt only to spoil the look with the disheveled, distracting, uneven white collar of your undershirt? Don't be a V. Can the crew - however we need to convince you, your undershirt is bringing your fashion down with it. If it was meant to be seen, we wouldn't call it an undershirt. Let's all make men's fashion history, right here, right now.
jT is Confidence
Men derive confidence from the clothing we wear, and the undershirt is the foundation of men's fashion. It keeps us dry and preserves the life of our shirts.
- Tired of the crew-neck college look?
- Find yourself tugging at today's V-necks to keep them hidden?
- Go without an undershirt to maintain a natural, open collar style?
Collected Threads needs your help to provide a complete solution. NO other undershirt line on the market is this focused on your finished look.
The jT Advantage
Whatever Your Fashion Level, jT Improves and Protects it.
You don't have to be a runway model or a high fashion guy. You just have to be a man that prefers to:
- Protect his shirt from sweat
- Reduce washings / dry cleanings between wears
- Up his style no matter what his style is
- Be confident all day knowing he'll be dry and looking his best
Original jT customers have a wide range of personal style. From business casual to the golfer; to the Vegas/NYC club type, retired resort hopper, and everything in between. What's great about our undershirts? jT's goes with any shirt you're wearing.
Gentlemen, there are no other undershirts like the jT on the market. With an ultra low neck, the jT keeps you collar free, sweat free and worry free. The rest is up to you.
So Which jT is Right for Me?
One of each! Seriously though, they're quite different and it depends on your intended use. Here's a quick comparison with more details below.
- jT - Ultra low and wide for any open collar challenge. 3 colors hide through your thinner white and summer shirts. Goes surprisingly well with just a sport coat.
- jT-V - Stylish cut to wear by itself or underneath. If James Dean were here, he'd wear it while puffing a vaporizer 20 feet from the entrance.
- jT Modal - Form fitting and the softest, silkiest of the bunch. Flattest colret leaves fewest lines though thinner shirts. Compare to Calvin Klein Body and Tommy John Second Skin at a 30/40% discount, respectively.
- jT Compression - For guys with 'problem areas.' Will firm your chest, waistline and improve posture. Compare to Spanx Cotton Compression except invisible neck and half the price.
- jT Thermal - Fashionable warmth; perfect for a cold office, ski lodge after-party, or the polar vortex.
- jT Tank - For the guy who doesn't sweat under his arms. Lucky him.
Since the release of the jT years ago, customers have been asking for more styles. Well, always late to our own party, here are the prototypes. We need your help to take the 5 new jT styles into production!
jT Undershirts are Well Priced, but is it a Premium Line?
Absolutely. We are selling direct to you, the backer, cutting out the middle man. That's how we can deliver designer level products at a great value. Longer term, we may go retail so lock in these prices while you can! Plus, would we let you get this close to the product if it wasn't good?
Designer Details. Every jT Style Includes:
- Itch-free tagless neck label
- Tuckable lengths (except jT-Compression. You would not want this, believe you me)
- Fitted or form cuts to reduce baggage under your shirt
- Combed cottons and blends that are organically treated for maximum softness
- Low key, sewn in jT label on bottom left. Trust us, you'll get tired of answering the same question in the locker room: "Where did you get that awesome undershirt?" Just point to the label, fellas.
Most Functional Undershirts You Will Ever Wear
jT for Women
- You buy him one to solve the pet peeve you've had with his undershirt for weeks, years even. Then you borrow it.
- You buy one for yourself, then tell your girlfriends about it. We know you talk about undershirts, we've been on Twitter
- You tell us to expand the line for women's cuts and sizing. Since you typically win every argument, there's a good chance you'll win this one too.
jT line is not only the best undershirt to wear, but many styles can be worn on their own. Here's a couple ideas to get you inspired
Ok jT, I'm Sold! What's My Size?
- jT Compression is real compression, that means tight enough to cinch you in. Please do not size down. Not offered in Small.
- jT Modal is quite stretchy. Sizing down will not constrict and will still have plenty of length to stay tucked.
- XXL and larger men - We would like to develop these styles in larger sizes eventually and perhaps we make it a stretch goal during this campaign. Today, however, the XL modal will stretch to fit a 2X male or larger.
Humble Beginnings for an Undershirt Revolution
Please share our story or make a pledge today! Thank you!!
Risks and challenges
No project is without risk.
We have good systems in place, however, and have been fulfilling the original jT orders for some time now. Depending on the success of this project, we will move from in-house fulfillment to outsourcing and that's a potential for hiccups. ShipWire or Amazon Fulfillment advertise easy transition but it is something we have no experience with.
Good news: the development is done. Every photo you see is a prototype sample (except original jT). The patterns are set. Every detail is sourced - fabrics, tagless neck labels, side sewn labels, artwork, and packaging are ready to go.
Manufacturing is set. We've been working with the same manufacturer for 5+ years (original jT) so we do not anticipate any hangups there. We just need to raise funds to meet the minimum order quantities.
There is always a chance for delays when working with overseas suppliers. Customs can inject delivery delays and dock workers can strike, but we have not experienced this in the past. Collected Threads will make this promise - you will never be in the dark regarding delivery and we will always respond to questions in a timely manner.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)