" Oh No! I think my phone is about to die!" And, sometimes, it happens right in the middle of our conversations. We've all been there! As a matter of fact, this had happened to us so many times, that one day we said " I wish there was a small thin charger, that you can just slip down behind your nightstand and not move anything around and bend the charge cord, and still continue your conversation from the comfort of your chair or bed etc.
So we started toying with the idea of what could be the most comfortable, ideal design that would do just that and fit snugg :) into the wall! We knew that a USB Wall Charger was not going to be anything new. There are hundreds of them out there on the market today and they all do one thing - they charge our devices. So we had to make ours stand out and special. Most importantly, we wanted our charger to solve the issues created by the rest of the other existing bulky chargers.
The design of the charger was our biggest focal point, as well as the safety of it. This was going to be a slick, compact, sophisticated charger that everyone would find a use for. So here are the things we thought of whilst designing the plug.
- It had to be as Snugg :) to the wall as it could possibly be. After all this is why we thought of it initialy :) We all have those outlets in the house covered by various furniture, and we either start moving it around and away from the wall or just simply forget it and try to find an open outlet, which is not always at the most convinient location. And this doesnt just happen in our homes, it happens when we travel and we are at work. So, Snugg :)!
- Most USB Chargers are square with the charging cable sticking straight out right from the center. Then most of the time one or both of these things happen. One - your cord gets twisted and bent and eventually needs to be replaced and two - something or someone knocks against the cord and it disconnects and quits charging your device. So our charger had to have the cords facing upright to avoid these outcomes, and also snugg :) to the wall.
- We wanted to make sure this is something you would not want only to have in your home or office but will want to take with you on your trips. In case, you are already packed up, your suitcases are in your car and you are ready to go and you just remembered you forgot your charger you could quickly grab it and slip it in your shirt pocket. So we snuggly :) folded the prongs.
- There are so many circumstances when we need more than just a single USB hub charger. We either have multiple devices that we want to charge at the same time or we have friends, family or coworkers that we can always share that extra port with. We wanted to maximize the number of USB ports we could possibly fit on our compact snugg :) plug. So we added 3.
- Of course we wanted to make our USB charger to look stylish and sophisticated. No one wants to have another mini brick in their wall. So we made it round and snugg:) We are also planning on offering our USB charger in 6 different colors.
So this is our Timeline folks, it's been one fantastic development so far!
Thank you for being a part of our journey and bringing our SNUGGPLUG to life.
Risks and challenges
We are a very easy to communicate with. Should any issues arise, we will update everyone immediately, and work quickly to resolve them. We have various backups in place for any issues we may encounter during this stage.
Here are some of our challenges.
1. Turn times could be out of our control.
Because this is the worlds smallest and the most compact USB Wall Plug ever created in this design on the market, custom engineering development times may exceed our current expectations. Our custom engineers will be focusing on reducing the dimensions of the plug created during the prototype stage to match our original design size, while at the same time focusing on the reduction of the heat build up.
2. Demand could exceed our expectations
In extreme circumstances, the demand for our SNUGGPLUGs might exceed our manufacturing capacity. This could result in delayed delivery dates. However, we are confident in our ability to meet the expected demand and don't foresee this being an issue.
3. There could be unforeseen manufacturing issues
We are in the process of prototype engineering development. And as our project develops and moves into the full production phase, new problems may arise that require extra attention. Because safety is at the forefront of our product development, we want to deliver the highest quality product we know you deserve.
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter