Soaring Shoes *** Footwear for Walking and Running
Soaring Shoes give a feeling as you are on the tuned track i.e. the track with optimal stiffness at each and every step!
Limited edition only on kickstarter
If briefly: "Soaring Shoes" will be considered as a "tuned track"
Thomas A. McMahon was the inventor of the "tuned track," a special springy running surface installed in the indoor track at Harvard University.
"McMahon and Greene were certainly aware that when a runner steps on a track, he/she actually stores elastic energy in the track surface, just as a pole vaulter deposits elastic energy in his/her bended pole before take-off. Just as the pole vaulter wants to recover the optimum amount of energy to thrust him/her over the bar, the runner hopes to get back the right energy to produce the most powerful (or least injury-promoting) strides possible".
Owen Anderson in article: “The type of running surface an athlete exercises on will effect the quality of their performance”
HOW IT WORKS
Upper part of soaring shoes is a high quality cycle shoes.
Lower part of soaring shoes consists of several carbon fiber elements and outsole.
Weight of shoe: 600 - 700 g/shoe
Height of heel: 3 - 5 cm
Stiffness of outsole: 20 - 200 KN/m (In comparison: stiffness of concrete or asphalt: 4300 KN/m)
Energy return from shoes: 40 J/step (if the stiffness of outsole 100 KN/m and ground force 2000 N)
Mechanical power delivered from shoes 120 W (if the frequency 3 step/sec)
Reduction in metabolic power 216 W
You can say: "It's just calculations!". Yes, but try "Soaring Shoes" one minute and feel the difference. You may move with greater ease and comfort.
VIDEO with Anatoly Bykov, Russian wrestler, who won an Olympic Gold Medal in Greco-Roman Wrestling in 1976 in Montreal and a Silver Medal in 1980 in Moscow.
“I like these running shoes (sneakers) a lot. First of all they are very soft, comfortable and very easy to run in, as it makes you want to run more and more. The most important is that they decrease the load on your calves and your lower back, as everybody knows that is the most important factor for older people. That’s why I recommend these running shoes for everybody who wants and loves running and just walking”.
You will be the owner of the most advanced, and manufactured limited-edition, exclusive shoes for walking and running.
Every backer, who has made a pledge of $60 or more, will be the owner of an exclusive commemorative card made of carbon fiber with: "Soaring Shoes" on one side and "I contributed to launch the shoes of the Future" on another side. This card is a symbol of refinement, functionality and quality.
Commemorative Card. Symbol of refinement, functionality and quality
- ·2009-2010 Idea and First Calculations, Concept, Rapid Prototype
- ·2011-2014 Lots of Prototypes
- 2015 Pre-production Prototype, Suppliers Selection and Negotiations, Kickstarter Campaign, Setup Production, Tooling and Manufacturing, Ordering Raw Materials and Components, Production of Small Series for Testing, Up-dates and Validation, Production of Final Product
- ·Packaging and Shipping
Some people ask me: what is the difference between "Soaring Shoes" and typical training shoes? Please see this video.
How find your shoe size.
1. Grab a pen, a piece of paper and a ruler.
2. Put on the socks that you intend to wear with the shoes. Please keep in mind that through the course of the day your feet will swell, so it’s best to measure your feet at the end of the day.
3. Sit down in a chair and place your foot flat on a piece of paper. Lean forward, putting more weight onto the foot you are going to trace, then proceed to trace your foot. As you probably know. Your feet are different sizes – Always trace your larger foot.
4. With a ruler, measure the length of your traced foot from the heel to the toes.
5. Using the sizing chart, find your measurement. If you are between measurements, size up to next larger size.
Risks and challenges
*** Minimum vs. Maximum Funding ***
With minimum funding we will not produce upper part (cycling shoes) of the product by ourselves. We will use ready-made cycling shoes of the highest quality on the market to reduce risks and to have the best quality as possible.
We will use several technologies depending on the scale of production. With minimum funding we will use finished and half-finished components. With maximum funding we will have tooling and molds designed for our manufacturing purposes. In both cases we will use the highest quality materials.
For these reasons industrial design may have slight differences; however the quality and the functionality will be at the highest level.
The large range of shoe sizes causes an increase in tooling costs. We plan to address this by a special designingLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)