White Reindeer is designed to improve upon holiday gift exchange games.
White Reindeer offers simple rules that add a lot more interaction and a TON more fun to ensure that everyone gets a fair shot to end up with the gift they want.
White Reindeer is the game you always wished "White Elephant" was.
In White Reindeer, after placing your gifts in the middle, each player is given three cards, which allow them to claim from the middle, steal from another player, lock in their gift, or any number of other actions.
On your turn, you either play a card from your hand or draw new cards. Continue until only one gift is left in the middle, and the game ends after each player gets one last turn.
Types of Cards
Claim: Select the gift you want from the middle, and open it immediately. If you already have a gift when you are supposed to claim, return that gift to the middle.
Steal: Select another player and take the gift they have. If you already have a gift, give it to them in return.
Lock It In: You are now the owner of the gift you hold! You have finished the game, and hopefully you consider yourself a winner. Discard the rest of your hand, and watch on.
Special Cards: There are many other cards that will pop up, like Block, Elephant, or Krampus. These cards have special rules listed on the cards themselves (the White Reindeer card is a bit more special than others).
- Print & Play - We'll be working on a version of the game that you can print yourself. Darren proposed to Tiahnan using a Print & Play version of this game, so you can bet it will be of high quality.
- White Reindeer - One copy of the game
- Holiday Cheer! - A recipe book for cocktails and mocktails that you can drink while playing White Reindeer. Likely to be full of holiday puns.
- Holiday Card - A printable greeting card designed by Tiahnan Trent in the style of the White Reindeer cards.
- White Reindeer Gift - Along with the games, you will also get an additional wrapped gift which could be almost anything! We won't tell you what it is, but here is a list of things it is definitely NOT! https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/prohibited (all gifts will be produced or designed by one of the creators or collaborators on this project).
Darren Caulley - Game designer
Tiahnan Trent - Illustrator and card designer
Adam Crawford - Videographer
Becca Wyant - Mixologist for the "Holiday Cheer" recipe book
Thanks to Dana Pelton, Blake Pelton, Adam Crawford, Christina Yiatchos, Jake Price, Aline Caulley, Dennis Caulley, Danielle Merseles, Brianne Tomlin, Erik Tomlin and Katie McRoberts for helping to playtest this game.
Risks and challenges
The most important thing for us is to get this out before December 1st, so that everyone can play this in time for Christmas. Personally, I've never backed a game project on Kickstarter that wasn't late.
So we don't have any stretch goals planned. We're not doing anything fancy. We're just trying to get the game to you on time. Every step of the way, we're bringing the conversation back to our timeline, because if we miss December, we know that we're not just late by a few weeks, we're very likely delaying you a chance to play until a year later.
That is our biggest risk and as such, our top priority.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)