Missed Kickstarter? Don't worry! You can always order from our store!
Erase old information from filled pages and they will be like new over and over again. Pages can be used many times and this is why we call it the one million pages notebook!
The notebook is similar to a whiteboard, but the refined surface of it's high-quality pages and thin dry-erase markers makes it accurate and pleasant to write on. An A6 Esquoia is another reusable notebook product, but it is still small enough to fit into a bag or a purse.
The pocket-sized notepad is going to be a continuation of the very successful line of the next-generation REUSABLE notebooks. It is the smallest size Esquoia reusable notebook.
Go 100% paperless with the innovative Esquoia notebooks!
- Multiple Orders: if you want to add extra notebooks (A6 or Pocket) to your pledge, increase the pledge amount according to the value of those notebooks (See reward illustrations for values). Message us about what additional items you want to receive.
- Extras: if you want to order extra one notebook (A6 or Pocket), or full set of extra markers (8 markers, Fine and Medium types, each of 4 colours of black, blue, red and green) on top of any reward, increase the pledge amount by amount illustrated in pictures.
We get often asked if today's tablet PCs and smartphones are not making paper notebooks extinct. Well, our answer is that handwriting seems to be as live as never before! Why?
It is so common to take notes by typing on a PC, handwriting has become somewhat a luxurious habit. You need a pen and paper or a tangible notebook made from front and back covers, binding and pages. A good analogy with reading shows that a computer, a tablet or an e-reader have never came close to making paper books extinct. The same seems true for handwriting as well. We believe paper notebooks and computers can perfectly complement each other and make us more creative!
What if we were to redesign and make notebooks much more up-to-date, eco-friendly and functional?
- Reusable. Wipe-off information and pages will be like new over and over again. Erase old notes while thinking about new ideas and make more space for new notes anytime.
- Disc Binding. Always place your important notes on the first page. Just take out any sheet and insert it as the first page. No need for a page separator.
- Customer Service. Stable, backers approved and timely support. Guaranteed constant supply of new parts, pages and pens.
- Durable. The same notebook can last for many years.
- 3D Design. Choose from red and blue plastic cover colours.
- Exclusive. Unique binding.
- Environmentally friendly. Go paperless!
The New Small Notebooks
After the successful creation of the next generation Esquoia Reusable Notebooks (two, A4 and A5 formats), small pocket-sized and A6 notebooks will make the whole assortment of reusable notebooks complete. This is how we naturally came up with the idea of making a pocket-sized reusable notebook.
The Reusable Notebook
The whole concept of Reusable Notebook dates back to the original Esquoia - Reusable Notebook project (launched in May 2014). After Bachelor studies at the University, we knew that studies take a lot of notemaking, essay planning, revision work and seminar presentations. All that take lots of notemaking in the day-to-day life of a student.
Whiteboards seemed to be the most convenient way of sharing creative ideas and making discussions in the team or a group. Not every classroom had fitted whiteboards and Valdemar was the first to tell about the idea of bringing all the whiteboard features to a standard-sized A4 format desk notebooks. The only problem was that we did not have the sufficient time to start developing working prototypes. Straight after our short post-graduation holidays we arranged a meeting to discuss various entrepreneurial ideas. That discussion was the start of developing a reusable notebook, thinking of a good brand name and making first prototypes.
At the very beginning, just one piece of an A4 page-like special sheet was used to test and develop it to a degree where no smudging occurred while erasing. Then we created a 25-page notebooks using different surfaces of new material.
After learning about standard spiral binding we decided to go an extra mile and use the unique Disc Binding. It looked innovative, just like the concept of Reusable Notebook. We started cooperating with two manufacturers and launched the project on Kickstarter to find more partners, to achieve the best possible quality of the effective pages' surface and economise on production costs. During the campaign, after a lot of trial and error testing we finally came up with a smooth, high-quality inner page surface. It provided a totally different writing experience. In the end, we had to combine the best inner pages, binding and covers to create the perfect notebook. Finally, we had to manufacture over a thousand Kickstarter rewards and develop further products.
One of those new products, just as promised, is the reusable pocket size Notebook. Although it is the smallest, it has the high-quality smooth inner page surface and the same functional disc binding. Perfect for making groceries lists and putting into any bag, pocket or purse!
Valdemar Tunkevic, Co-Founder, BSc Financial Economics
Valdemar is very friendly and he enjoys creating ideas. Having developed a huge selection of great ideas so he can pick the best ones to be turn into results. And here comes Valdemar’s exceptional memory abilities and truly impressive calculation skills. These ensure fast, precise and effective development. The team can easily rely on his leadership. Being a proactive member, Valdemar can achieve remarkable results – such as the Esquoia project!
Donatas Beksa, Co-Founer, BSc Economics
Donatas easily gets fascinated about ideas. He is a strong team player posessing a talent for communication. Donatas’ exceptional writing abilities ensure the team as a whole can rely on him to convey information to customers. Being a proactive student he successfully accomplished some of his ideas at the university. With those achievements he gained high-profile corporate work experience within the field of European Economics. Being a diligent member of the team Donatas always aims to bring value, responds to challenges easily and is striving to be a great director.
Boris Livet, Co-Founder, Bsc Intl Business Management
Boris is sharp and creative member of the team. He can generate a lot of seriously good ideas. He can easily take on a top-responsibility tasks, such as creating a brand name or imagining a story. Boris makes the team’s brainstorming sessions as good as these can possibly get.
Daniel Gonsales Kasas, Co–Founder & WEB Dev
Having a company website is crucial and this is where Daniel is at his best. He brought more enthusiasm to the team and motivated other members to learn about the secrets of web development.
Jaroslav Kitkowski, Co-Founder, BSs Business Economics
When Jaroslav joined Esquoia, he quickly adapted to the team and brought in significant improvements. He made great new contacts of retailers and Esquoia became better known and gained extra potential.
Anna Jaskova, Co-Founder, BSc Chemistry
Anna has joined Esquoia just before the launch of the first Kickstarter campaign. She was helping with the development of the best and right materials for the final product. Later, she has undertaken the role of maintaining the customer service making sure that Esquoia's replies are timely and well organised.
Our specific goal is to make a small-sized reusable notebooks that would contain all the great features of a larger reusable notebook.
- We have to develop the high-qaulity inner pages and make them available in mass quantities.
- Plastic covers have to be arranged and made in the way that they protect the reusable inner pages.
- Binding requires additional work of making covers and inner pages suitable for assembling.
These activities take time, work and effort if we are to produce the perfect reusable pocket notebook and make it available for everyone.
For this project we want to make TWO types of the Pocket Reusable Notebook:
- Pocket Notebook (110x70 mm)
- A6 format Notebook (105x148 mm)
We estimated a total amount of £3,200 as a goal to fulfill the project by manufacturing and delivering Esquoia notebooks. If we will achieve double of that ammount there will be a gift for all of the backers!
Risks and challenges
1. Delivering Rewards on Time. We have set March as the month when all of the backers should have their rewards received. However, manufacturing partners might face seasonal delays of production. Furthermore, there is a risk of mistakes and error in materials produced. However, we have been previously communicating and co-working with our partner manufacturers, so we can better know how long it will take to fulfill a particularly large orders.
2. Lost Reward Parcel Deliveries. We will be using shipping services firm and while there will be tracking possibilities for backers in the US, backers in Europe will not be able to track their parcels. Just message us if there is a delay and we will do everything possible to deliver you the reward: either by a courier or we will reship the reward.
3. Quality Control. It is important to achieve the highest quality for the final prototypes. Even higher challenge is to maintain the same quality for all mass-quantity notebooks. To ensure that, again, we were previously co-working with the manufacturer and we can know how reliable it is.
4. Responding to Backers Queries. When there are a lot of backers, project creators usually get many messages on a daily basis. There are a few of us working as a team and we will be able to manage the flow of messages by providing a prompt reply service to all messages.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)