Update: WE ARE DOWN THE THE WIRE! Get your pledges in now! :)
We are also accepting pledges via PayPal! Please specify your desired reward in the message.
As a young girl, Marcus Cordale was rescued from a violent political coup and taken away from the country of her birth. To protect her identity, she was raised as a boy. On her eighteenth birthday she joins the army of Orthera, in search of her elder brother. But when war breaks out, the Ortheran army is thrown into turmoil, and the young recruit is catapulted through the ranks. Can she step up to lead, and wage a battle against the kingdom that she once called home?
- A story of political intrigue, love, and war: Navigate a world rife with political intrigue, bloodshed, and uncertainty as a young soldier still seeking her place in the world. Form strong bonds with others to survive.
- Every choice counts: Player agency is everything, and you can act as you please. But be aware—each time you make a decision, it has the potential to affect everything from battle outcomes to your relationships with other characters. And you may lose a friend or two before the war is over!
- Prepare for battle: Before major battle sequences, the player has the opportunity to hone many different skills, including swordplay, medicine, and magic. What you take the time to learn can make all the difference in a future skirmish!
- Relationships with others: The player’s relationships with NPCs are more than just dry statistics—each character has a story to tell and secrets to uncover. Acting in a certain way towards one person may jeopardize or strengthen your relationship with another.
- Complex themes: The story tackles matters of gender identity and diverse sexualities, and features the potential for relationships with characters both male and female, in a culture where standing out can at times be dangerous.
Vote for us on Steam Greenlight!
- Over ten hours of gameplay with more than twelve possible endings
- Potential romances with eight different characters
- Quick, action-packed combat sequences with timed decisions
- Sprawling battles with complex strategic choices
- Stunning, original art and music
- Available for Mac, PC, & Linux
A trial version of the current game, containing the first chapter of the story, is available for download here. (Mac, PC, & Linux)
Marcus Cordale (name customizable)
Our protagonist. A new recruit to the Ortheran army. Marcus was raised as a boy to hide her identity, and none but her adoptive brother Nick know the truth. Marcus is often quiet, so many think her shy, but behind her reticence burns a passionate soul and the heart of a leader.
Nicholas "Nick" Cordale
A medical assistant for the Ortheran army. Nick left home several years ago to enlist, leaving his "brother" Marcus and their father behind. While Nick was once a kind soul, the realities of military life have hardened him. The only people who still bring out his softer side are his friend James, and brother Marcus.
An engineer in the Ortheran army. James is the quintessential young genius—full of ideas and enthusiasm but not necessarily the common sense to match them. Far from a reclusive tinkerer, James is boisterous and fun-loving. He will gladly spend as much time on making mischief as he does on his ingenious inventions. While some feel that he has yet to grasp the true gravity of war, James always has something clever up his sleeve, and he is certain his mind will see him through.
The Prince of Orthera. Originally hailing from Montecrest, Alastor is the only son and heir of "Mad" King Kendrick, the current king of Orthera. His tendency to disappear from the kingdom for long stretches at a time, returning with nothing but trinkets and bawdy tales, has earned him a reputation as a womanizer and a fop. But perhaps there is more to this dandy royal than meets the eye.
The Archmagus of Orthera. Serving directly under King Kendrick, the enigmatic Rubus is the chief of all magical affairs in the kingdom and army. He hails from the isle of Alabaster, from where all magic is said to spring. While he has a fondness for cruel tricks and makes little effort to get along with others, he is not altogether disliked by the troops. He shares a close friendship with Prelate Lucius.
Head cleric of the Ortheran army. A man best described as taciturn, Lucius has few fans, and even those who get to know him would describe him as something of a mystery. He excels at what he does, with a superb bedside manner, but there is something about his stoic presence that those around him find unnerving. What is hidden behind the mask?
Images shown are WIPs; final version may differ.
The $7500 Voice Acting Stretch Goal has been reached! Read more about the $9k Stretch Goal: Here!
Aqualuft Games features a team of talented designers from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. To learn more, view our team page here.
Meagan Trott (Backgrounds) - Portfolio - @MeaganTrott
Lilin Tan (Character Design and Lineart) - Blog
Emily So (Character Colors, CGs, UI Design) - Portfolio - @bemirry
Serenity Frost (Creator and Head Writer) - Blog - @SerenityFrost
- Diana Taylor (Co-Writer, Editor, Jack of All Trades) - Portfolio - @petitscygnes
- Nina Roussakoff (Co-Writer) - Blog - @steamgirlgame
Risks and challenges
Our mission is to provide players with a unique and engaging experience of the highest quality, but ensuring this quality can take time. Thus, our biggest challenge will be in completing Queen At Arms within our projected timeline, with some risk of delay possible, should it be determined that more time is needed to produce the optimal playing experience. However, regardless of whether funding for this campaign is successful, the game will be completed.
All rewards will be fulfilled in a timely manner. If any delay is anticipated, backers will be informed immediately.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)