Journalists? Bloggers? YouTubers? Join the wise and tasteful and spread the word about Lancelot!Presskit (+ HD screenshots): www.lancelotshangover.com/press
Enjoy Lancelot's demo! It's a whole hour of medieval fun (out of 3 hours for the whole finished game). So grab a beer, relax and click on the download button above.
When finished, you'll get a Steam key and a DRM-free copy of the whole game.
P.S.: Demo and final game for PC Windows only (Mac & Linux users please read the FAQ).
P.P.S.:The demo is free!
Lancelot's Hangover is a point-and-click adventure game for Windows PC.
- It's Monkey Island meets Monty Python's Holy Grail
- It's 1992’s classic point-and-click humour with today's gaming experience (1080p graphics! Yes!)
- All the art, animations, story, dialogs, code made by one single guy (who's high on drugs 14 hours a day!)
- SPECIAL BONUS : You play a sexy half-naked knight during the whole game!
You play Lancelot, the sexiest Knight of the Round Table.
God gave you a noble quest: go find the Holy Grail, put some booze in it and celebrate the biggest party England has ever known!
But the Grail is hidden deep in a dangerous place, where all men are gay and women have hair under their arms: the Kingdom of France!
- Firmin the Transformist (from local Tourist Office)
- St. Francis of Assissi, the ventriloquist
- Trash-talking Baby Jesus puppet
- Annoying Nouvelle-Vague French mime
- Gangsta-rapping tame bear
- Jean-Jacques le Très-Sexy-Gendarme
- Sexier naked women with hairy armpits! WOW!
- Even sexier lepers and witches to be burned at the stake yelling weather forecasts!
... and many, many, many more serious characters!
For the first time in point-and-click adventure game history: get drunk and play mini-games!
WARNING: rashes and itching may occur while playing those silly mini-games.
A picture is worth a thousand words - so here's 12,750 images!
- Mid-30s indie dev from Belgium
- Made everything alone (art, code, story, puzzle, lame jokes) in Lancelot, except for the music
- Played most LucasArts and Sierra games without paying for them when he was a teen
- Studied visual arts and computer coding
- Tried to get the "Peace Nobel Prize for fun"
- Wrote funny reviews in a Belgian rock magazine
- Wrote sketches for Belgian TV and radio
- Wrote "The helpless self-help book", a very silly hardcover 220-page book (only available in French so far, published by Chifflet&Cie, Paris, 2011)
- Has been fired from RTBF (Radio Television Belge Francophone), the Belgian national radio, after the "7-minute incident" (quite funny experience though)
- Used to work as a graphic designer for the local Catholic Church to pay the rent (seems weird, but it is very true)
- Shared lolcats during #BrusselsLockDown
- Most important: can touch his nose with his tongue when he's drunk
Feel free to drop me a line by mail or on my personal Facebook or Twitter accounts. I'll be glad to hear from you!
Email: jeanbaptiste [at] lancelotshangover [dot] com
You dreamt of it. I made it! Be 34.5% more sexy with your name in the credits!
Lancelot has been greenlit! So you'll get a Steam key, as well as a DRM-free copy of the final game (Windows PC only).
All texts in English (German: see €15k stretch goal - Spanish, Italian, French, and other: read FAQ)
(+ be 34.5% more sexy with your name in the credits!)
Show off to your neighbours with the backer copper plaque's official licence! (it's an official universal licence on PDF. You won't get the actual copper plaque)
(+ Steam key/DRM-free copy + your name in the credits)
"The making of Lancelot's Art" : it's an exclusive PDF + video package! Including hidden secrets, all art process explained, exclusive concept art, and... EXCLUSIVE comics!
(+ Steam key/DRM-free copy + copper plaque's official licence + your name in the credits)
Yes! Your name will be forever in a Lancelot's puzzle! Your grand-children will be proud in 2050!
Note: It won't be a shitty secondary puzzle. You'll play an angel during final act's main puzzle (including Hipster Jesus during the Last Supper)
(+ The Making of Lancelot's Art (PDF and video) + Steam key/DRM-free copy + copper plaque's official licence + your name in the credits)
Downloading games on Steam is for pussies! You want to keep it real and play Lancelot the old-school way? Here's the DVD-box!
(+ Your name within the The Making of Lancelot's Art (PDF and video) + Steam key/DRM-free copy + copper plaque's official licence + your name in the credits)
It's 1992 again! Here's the limited DVD-box with the retro-DRM code wheel! Signed by Jean-Baptiste! Impress the girls!
(+ DVD-box + Your name within a puzzle game + The Making of Lancelot's Art (PDF and video) + Steam key/DRM-free copy + copper plaque's official licence + your name in the credits)
P.S.: if you don't like signed stuff or if all signed boxes with code-wheel are already taken, don't worry! The €49 reward is still available!
P.P.S.: the picture of the Monkey Island code wheel is just for explanation and you won't get a Monkey Island code wheel.
Get your likeness within the game! Show off your medieval goodness and get the street cred in the social media!
Huzzah! Your name, your face and a personal lame joke written for you will be shown at the end's credits.
But wait! There's more! You'll also get a personal show-off-to-social-media kit (including personal Facebook & Twitter profile and cover pictures!)
(+ signed DVD-box + code-wheel + Your name within a puzzle game + The Making of Lancelot's Art (PDF and video) + Steam key/DRM-free copy + copper plaque's official licence + your name in the credits)
Remember Indy or Monkey Island boxes? Including Henry Jones' Grail Diary, a 50-page silky paper booklet, and this red plastic filter to answer Marcus about this Cross of Coronado question? Back in the early-90's, you got all those crazy stuff in the regular box. In 2016, it would be the ultimate collector version.
I want you to get back to the early 90's, and get again this overwhelming feeling when you'll open your Lancelot's package! I'll send you by post all the material rewards Belgium's postal custom laws allows me! Thug life!
The TRUE FAN package includes:
- Exclusive backer's t-shirt (Men’s sizes range from S-3XL, women’s S-XL, and kids k4-k12)
- A signed copy of my 220-page hardcover book "The helpless self-help book" (only available in French so far, published by Chifflet&Cie)
- Exclusive handmade rewards like production notes and drawings!
- An exclusive puzzle you can't resolve without game's paper code sheet + Indy3-like red PVC decoder!
- Jean-Baptiste's sexy postcards! (WARNING: May arouse you!)
- Better than your likeness within the game! Your likeness DANCING at the end's credits!
- Your name within a puzzle game (written in even bigger font size!)
- The Making of Lancelot's Art (PDF and video)
- Steam key/DRM-free copy
- Copper plaque's official licence + name in the credits
Play Alpha builds of the game, give input and help me develop and shape the game.
Get your name just behind mine in the credits!
Get your own commercial break scene in game! You'll be a character in the game and you'll talk about a product or service of your own choice! Choose wisely, it's your 15 minutes of fame!
PS: I'm sorry for this commercial break. Backers paid for it to be in the game. I'm young and need the money to pay the rent and the food.
PPS: Lancelot is my baby! For about 2.5 years now, I'm making Lancelot with my guts. I'll follow the mantra Mr. Red & Fran Bow gave me : "Don't take any decision if your guts don't agree".
(+ all previous rewards)
Now it's serious business! Get late-night anxious emails! Test the early builds before the executives! Give your advice! Be an active part of Lancelot's development process.
MOST IMPORTANT: get late-night cute dog pics! <3
NOTE: Do not consider "Being my boyfriend" in a "Let's have sexual sexual intercourse" way. I'm only sexually attracted to IKEA wooden furniture.
(+ all previous rewards)
Yes, you can get my DELL Inspiron 2-core cheap computer! I made the whole game with it! Including all source code, art files, brainstorming notes, as well as boring accounting Excel spreadsheets and some sexy IKEA wooden furniture videos, hidden deep in its 500G hard-drive. WOW !!!! ULTIMATE COLLECTOR !!!!!
(+ all previous rewards)
Ich liebe die Deutschen!
All German Lancelot's fans who contacted me on social media, as well as the fellas I met IRL in London at AdventureX last December, showed me so such passion and enthusiasm for point & click adventure games!
If Lancelot reaches €15k or more, we'll make a German translation of the game!
You deserve the best German translator: Marco Rosenberg!
- 3 successful Kickstarter campaigns
- Worked for KING Art Games
- Worked on "The Book of Unwritten Tales 2", “The Critter Chronicles”, "The Raven", "The Splitting" and "Her Majesty's Spiffing"..
Let's be frank, Marco Rosenberg knows his shit about adventure games.
BONUS: Marco gave a very cool talk in Tel-Aviv (Israel) about Kickstarter!
Of course, €10,000 is not enough to make a game like Lancelot.
I've been working on Lancelot on my own since August 2013 and I financed it thanks to freelancing jobs as a designer and web coder. And I also got a loan from my family.
After numerous ups and downs, I'm proud to say that about 80% of the work on this game is done right now.
Unfortunately, after 2.5 years of production, I ran out of money and I need your help with the last 20%.
I need another 6 months to work full-time on the game and focus 100% on shipping the final game this October.
- Visual (30%)
- Puzzle Design (25%)
- Code (15%)
- Promotion (5%)
- Kickstarters fees (10%)
- Perks (15%)
Spanish, Italian, French, ... translations?
Don't be afraid. It's coming! If Lancelot reaches "Hug a German!" at €15k, the next stretch goals will be Spanish, Italian and French translations!
Modders! An open-source solution will also allow you to translate Lancelot in whatever language you want!
Why only 3 hours of gameplay?
Back in the early-90's, when we were teens, we spent thousands of hours on Monkey Island, Indy4, DOTT and all classic adventures.
Today, we gamers have grown up. We have a job, sometimes kids, and tons of uninstalled good games in our Steam Library, and no time to play.
I chose to provide 3 hours of intense experience, because I want to respect your time and don't frustrate you if you don't have the time to spend 10+ hours on one single game.
Why no Mac & Linux port?
Thanks God! When you use Unity, you can easily port your game to Windows PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, PS4, XBox, ...
But hey! I made the game with AGS (the best pixel-art adventure-game-oriented game engine), and I even customised it to get HD graphics! Huzzah!
Unfortunately, this homemade game engine won't allow Mac and Linux export :(
So if you're an AGS ninja and/or C++ programmer and could fix the issue for €5,000, drop me a line (jeanbaptiste [at] lancelotshangover [dot] com) and join the team!
Thanks to you, I could add a new stretch goal!
NOTE: AGS is open-source and free, so your custom build will be open-source and free as well.
Are you anti-gay, anti-catholic or anti-French?
Seriously? Have you heard of self-mockery?
GayGamer quoted: "Charmingly stupid humour".
IGN France praised Lancelot's visual arts looking like Belgian beer labels.
At 8-year-old, I discovered my passion for computers thanks to Sister Marie-Paul, a nun and elementary teacher at "Institut du Sacré-Coeur" (Mons, Belgium), a local Catholic school.
Is it true that Lancelot's Hangover is officially considered as "silly and unsuitable for the youth" by European Union justice?
Yes, you are correct!
Indeed, the European Commercial Court of Justice (ECCJ), held on 6th January 2014 in Brussels (Belgium), stated that:
* The author of the video game called “Lancelot’s Hangover” is no more allowed to include in his playful-oriented computer program any puzzles that can be solved in a logical manner. The player, to progress through the game, must always use, one by one, all the objects in the inventory on all the different objects and characters within the game (and if possible, several times). In addition, only websites in Serbo-Croatian language will be willing to publish a text walkthrough (which must first be encrypted using the SHA-512 algorithm).
* The author of the video game “Lancelot’s Hangover” will also break any contacts with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un by 23th June 2014 and will provide a urine sample, every Tuesday morning, at The European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ) until January 1st 2017.
All art shown in this page are mock-ups made for this Kickstarter campaign. The game is still in production and isn't finished yet. All visuals (like DVD-box cover design, puzzles, screenshots, ...) may change before final shipping.
Risks and challenges
It's been 2.5 years now that I'm working on Lancelot.
About 80% of the game is already done.
Thanks to your money and support, I will be able to work full-time for 6 months and focus 100% on shipping the final game.
So the risk of not shipping the final game is very low.
(and let's be frank: €10,000 is not enough to go on a full-time holiday sipping Mojitos in the Caribbean).
The only real risk is not being funded - and drop the game because I'm out of money to finish it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)