Journey to the Planes with Ash Law!
The Overworld and Beyond presents planar-hopping adventures for the 13th Age roleplaying game. It includes a backwater setting that includes towns, wilderness, and gates to other worlds, all ready for you to incorporate into your gameworld.
Adventure for All Tiers of Play
- The Carrow Hills a perfect sandbox for adventure-tier play. Hooks, rumors, and NPCs are all interwoven to create a setting where the locals think being close to other planes is just the way thing are.
- Attack of the Koblins a champion-tier adventure. What are these strange creatures warped by transdimensional energies, and why are they striking out at innocent people?
- Further Adventures in the Carrow Hills give the GM a collection of champion-tier adventure hooks that tie into what's happened before, and foreshadow the epic-tier challenges ahead.
Into the Overworld presents the party with an epic-tier problem that won't be solved without exploring plane after plane.
There's a 5th-6th level adventure that has PCs up against forces from another world.
There's a 9th-10th level adventure that has the PCs traveling to myriad other planes: the City at the Edge of Dawn, the Elemental Realms, the Fleshscape, the Green, the Lightless Realm, and the Middenlands.
The project includes pages of adventure hooks, a bestiary, 13 Weird Worlds, 13 Peculiar People, and more!
Plus, we've got amazing stretch goals to really push this supplement over the top!
Free US Shipping!
Backer Named Something Illustrations
At funding, and again at each stretch goal, we'll commission a small illustration for one of the NPCs, inns, or planes that backers at the NAME AN NPC level and above are naming. We'll pick a random backer who gets to name something after the Kickstarter is over and illustrate their NPC, inn, or plane. A backer who has multiple somethings to name gets to pick which one we illustrate.
We'll add another Backer Named Something Illustration with each stretch goal we reach.
Current Backer Named Something Illustration Count: 5
- The Carrow Hills: A region where the barriers between worlds is thin, and that you can place in your own world. Includes wilderness and three very different towns.
- The Elemental Realms: Air, Earth, Fire, and Water
- The Fleshscape: A plane of flesh, blood, and bone
- The Green: An eternal forest beneath the light of multiple suns
- The Middenlands: Where the refuse of many worlds awaits
- The City at the Edge of Dawn: Where the Psychedelic Ocean trips into the Waterfall of Eternity. Demons, dragons, and demigods rub shoulders with heroes and villains in this city of portals
- Attack of the Koblins: Creatures from outside enter the PCs world with foul intent!
Into the Overworld: The PCs must take the fight to other planes in order to save their home world.
- Adventure Hooks by the half-dozen!
- See the stretch goals for more!
- Elemental Guardian: The best of all the elementals, rolled into one large and in-your-face creature
Gargantuan Trash-Crab: If the claws don't get you, the saliva will
- Gra-Gara, King of Frogs: All bow to the long-tongued god
Hellmass the Wizard: He's insane, he's trandimensional, and he's 15th level
Koblins: When kobolds and goblins are fused together by unstable transdimensional energies, it's not a pretty sight.
- And many more
The more stretch goals we unlock, the bigger the bestiary grows
- 13 Tradable Things: Thirteen strange oddities that an overworld traveler might wish to trade, from a frozen moment to whisperglass slippers.
- 13 Weird Worlds: Thirteen more planes for use in your adventures, from An Afterlife to The Underworld.
- 13 Peculiar People: Thirteen NPCs to meet while wandering the higher limits of reality, from Bilo the Storm Giant to Zooberon the Enigma.
ASH LAW is a game designer, writer, and avid role-player and GM. His 13th Age adventures have won industry awards, as have supplements that he’s written for the system. When he isn’t typing away at a keyboard or scribbling in notebooks he makes wands, paints miniatures, and panders to the meowing demands of two cats. He is very excited about taking players to the overworld, and beyond.
Risks and challenges
The base text is done but not edited, and stretch goals will require new work. We've shipped two successful Kickstarters, so we are confident we can ship you a quality product that will give you many sessions of fun.
However, we are a small company, and unforeseen circumstances (meteor strikes, etc.) could affect our ability to ship on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)