Welcome to the final Heroes Wanted Card Game Kickstarter! If you're not familiar with Heroes Wanted, check out the game and its website! The heroes in Zeta City began fighting three years ago, and now we're back on Kickstarter to go out with a bang!
Earth! Air! Fire! Water! Danger? Zeta City has seen its share of heroes, but none the likes of these. Elemental heroes join the fray, harnessing the very forces of nature against an all new bevy of criminal geniuses, sentient websites, and opinionated baddies!
But wait! There's more! Not only does this expansion for Heroes Wanted add a brand new hero type to your already near-infinite game play options, it also provides even more content for the other hero types in the game. Players will now have bonus cards unique to their hero, as well as never-before-seen epic actions! And the fun doesn't stop there! Elements of Danger also introduces improved basic actions to make your hero even more unique!
Be a hero. Save the day. Make the team!
Heroes Wanted Elements of Danger is a special release, not only is it the last in the Heroes Wanted line of games, it is not likely to go into distribution. This kickstarter project and limited number of games at Essen & BGG CON (if we make it in time) will be the only way to get the expansion in 2017. In 2018, we will be selling this expansion directly via conventions and Amazon only - it will not be entering normal distribution channels. If there are any copies left, we may be selling those into distribution in 2019 or later - but there is no guarantee that we will do so.
Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger is a superhero adventure game for 1-5 players that plays in 45 minutes. For more information, we encourage you to view the videos directly below, or simply read our draft rulebook here.
Click HERE to watch Rahdo Runs Through Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger Gameplay.
Rahdo Runs Through Heroes Wanted
The Dice Tower Reviews - Heroes Wanted
Bearded Meeple reviews Heroes Wanted
Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger is the final expansion to the Heroes Wanted line of games, and what an expansion it will be! The ultimate Champion pledge will contain the newest expansion plus:
- Heroes Wanted - The base game includes over 200 cards, four scenario boards, and tons of tokens.
- Extra, Extra - Fifty-four more heroes, villains, and quirks.
- Champions & Masterminds - Mini-expansion that allows you to play Heroes Wanted as a full co-op.
- The Stuff of Legend - The first big box expansion that includes 110 cards, two new hero types, new villains, new quirks, and two new scenario boards.
- Breaking News - Fifty-four more heroes, villains, and quirks.
- Champions & Masterminds 2 - Mini-expansion that adds new Champions to play as and Masterminds to battle.
In total, over 10,000 different hero combinations and over 400 different villain combinations equals near endless replayability!
We'll be making frequent updates during this project to let you know about all the great stretch goals we have planned for you!
- Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger is the 39th project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. With the successful execution of our first 38 projects, we have become experienced publishers with a reputation for great games (in design and production) that are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger was designed by Nick Little and Travis R. Chance. This game has undergone extensive testing and development to ensure the best possible experience. We are confident that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger is not going into distribution. This may be your only opportunity to buy it.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for immediate upload after the project funds.
- Prices include US shipping. This project is also EU and Canadian friendly.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $25 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Indie Boards and Cards on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project and more!
- CITIZEN: (Pledge $1 or more) Your continued support will help the superheroes of Zeta City!
- HERO: (Pledge $25 or more) One copy of Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger with all stretch goals. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- SIDEKICK: (Pledge $70 or more) One of all Heroes Wanted expansions - Extra Extra, Heroes Wanted: The Stuff of Legend, Breaking News, and Champions & Masterminds 1 & 2, as well as One copy of Elements of Danger with all of the stretch goals. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- CHAMPION: (Pledge $100 or more) One of all Heroes Wanted games - Heroes Wanted, Extra Extra, Heroes Wanted: The Stuff of Legend, Breaking News, and Champions & Masterminds 1 & 2. As well as One copy of Elements of Danger with all of the stretch goals. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
We are not expecting to release Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger expansion into retail. Kickstarter and conventions will be the only way to get the expansion in 2017. Any remaining copies from the small print run will sold directly by us via conventions and Amazon sales in 2018.
Risks and challenges
This is the 39th Kickstarter project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. We have learned how to streamline the game publishing process and have successfully delivered all of our previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters. Our previous experiences will enable us to also deliver this project on time and we have every confidence that Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger will be on schedule and of the highest possible quality.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games will use contract manufacturing to make this game, freight forwarders to get games through customs, and 3rd parties like Amazon, the US Post Office, and FEDEX to ship the games to you – we don't control everything and there are lots of opportunities for delay. We have a track record of making everything work out for backers in the end – so please be confident and supportive of our efforts to get this great game into your hands.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus 20% for Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days). However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via PayPal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and submit your project survey results (ie, provide us with your shipping address) for your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge (at additional cost for international backers) if you complete your project survey after the 8-week window has elapsed.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)