About this project
What this Kickstarter Will Do
This Kickstarter will help us spread important information to millions of people about what we are eating, what's in our food, where is our food sourced and how that all impacts our health and health of the planet.
What Are You Eating & Why Should You Care is...
1. A series of 8 podcasts hosted by a fiery, passionate 63-year-old who wants to wake people up from their food comas by cutting through the noise, confusion, guilt, blame or shame about healthy eating. To know better is to do better & you shall!
2. A battle cry: Think outside the package! Not everything you eat should come in one. The big food companies with millions of bucks to spend on advertising have gotten us to believe that is a good thing. Enough already! Let's put fresh food back on our forks. Let's grow our own. Let's frequent Farmers Markets. Let's buy local!
3. A source of information you can trust. Global leaders, scientists, food & ocean experts and seed savers will tell you everything from how to find out if there's mercury in your fish to how this little piggy went to market before it ended up on your plate.
4. A shift in global consciousness. It sounds woo woo but don't be scared - this podcast series will delight, ignite & sound REALLY great because your backing will help us upgrade our studio sound equipment and upgrade our acoustic panels.
5. Support for a hip, engaging, easy-to-find, good green stuff new website. This campaign will help us with a website makeover to increase the community dedicated to healthy eating, healthy planet, healthy YOU!
STRETCH GOAL? MORE WAYS FOR US TO STAY CONNECTED WITH YOU!
Because of our passion for preservation of the planet & our commitment to the health of all its inhabitants, we will do everything we can as a team to rock Kickstarter! Additional funds raised will be used to produce four more podcasts on healthy eating, healthy food, healthy you! With eight, we've only just begun. And we will be able to upgrade our infrastructure (actually purchase a CRM system for you “techies” out there!) so we have better and more ways to keep in touch with you. And last but certainly not least, we will add a part-time member to the Mrs. Green team who will help us with our search engine optimization, all with the intention of reaching millions of people and changing the world, one bite, one choice, one piece of information at a time!
In the Studio with Mrs. Green
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge we face is in finding the right organizations to partner with to expand our reach and impact. We need to find an SEO partner who isn't just about marketing but who is equally committed to the importance of our message.
Another possible challenge we are hoping to overcome is a HUGE response to our project which will require LOTS of fulfillment of all our reward levels in a timely manner. We are working with an amazing, locally owned T-Shirt company, FedbyThreads, that will provide us with vegan, organic, made in the USA T-shirts that are not mass produced. They are an-ever growing company & are committed to this project but slight delays are possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)