This project's funding goal was not reached on June 16, 2013.
About this project
First of all thank you so much for checking out our Kickstarter page!! We appreciate any help or support so please spread the word by sharing our link, tweeting, or like us on Facebook.
OK here's the deal; we have our Patent Pending, prototypes made, and a manufacturer here in the USA. What we need from you is help raising money to make the actual dies, tool the factory, buy the materials and get these amazing GG caps out on the shelves. You can help us make this dream a reality ! Thanks in advance for making this happen!
PERFECT FOR SPORTS!
Do you run, play softball, tennis, or golf? Ever want to wear a comfortable fitted cap but have no place for your hair? Guess what?! We have the solution!!
No Pain but you do Gain!
- No more headaches when you want to rock a ponytail! Just throw on your GG cap (either 1 hole or 2) and you can wear it as long as you want with no tears!
- We WILL be manufacturing in the USA which will help boost the economy and create more jobs!
- The GG cap is patent pending due to the very unique way the hole is made which makes it super comfy to wear AND leaves your hair looking fabulous! No more nasty ponytail bump!
- Because we are making a ball cap just for women and girls, we want to have sizes that go along with this new concept. This is how you measure your head to make sure you get the right fit.
This cap is for women and girls of ALL ages to be worn for whatever life throws at you!
Here is a short tutorial on how to get the perfect fit from your GG cap.
Here is a breakdown of where the funds are needed:
1. Dies ~ We'd like to start with 7 sizes; Toddler (ages 1-4), Youth (ages 5-10), and adult sizes; 0 (XS), 1 (S), 2 (M), 3 (L), 4 (XL). (The toddler cap is the only one that is not fitted and has elastic in the back for kid's growing heads. It will only be offered with 2 holes.) We will need to have 2 sets of dies for youth sizes to accomodate both 1 and 2 holes. We will start off with just 1 hole in the adult sizes. If we exceed our funding then we can look at offering 2 holes in the adult sizes as well! In case you are wondering what dies are and how they help make a ball cap check this video out!
2. Retool factory ~ Because the design of our cap is completely revolutionary, we have to create a part to fit in the production line of the factory to make the patent pending ponytail hole. Our manufacturer has been working hard with different engineers to come up with the best and fastest way to handle this. It should only add about 2-4 seconds onto the line which is a big deal!
3. Buy material ~ We could really use your help with the color selection of our material. By pledging and letting us know what color you would like your GG cap to be allows you to have a voice in our project. The 3 colors we would like to start with are *black, royal blue, and pink. If for some reason these color choices are unavailable we will have to reconsider. As we exceed our goal we will add more colors!
4. Rewards ~ We need to make sure you get your very own GG cap or caps when you help us out by pushing that green button!
5. Kickstarter and Amazon fees ~ They each get 5% of the money you help us raise!
If we don't reach our goal for some reason then, as Kickstarter mandates, Girls and Giggles will not receive any of the money pledged and your credit card will not be charged.
Any extra money that is raised will go towards offering more colors and different designs.
Remember this is a cap Designed by Women for Women!
Here are pictures of some of our prototypes for you to peruse. Keep in mind that we ordered these ball caps wholesale and did not always get to choose the color or style. Thus why we need your help so we can manufacture them ourselves!!
There are so many different designs, colors, and patterns the possibilities are endless! Not to mention the numerous ways one can wear their hair in this cap. Long hair or short - thick or thin - wear it forward or backward - just take the cap and make it your own!
Based upon the HUGE amount of interest this ponytail cap has already generated we KNOW this will be a huge success! Thank you so much for helping us by telling your friends and pledging so you can get your very own GG cap!
Check out the fun (chaos) behind the scenes at:
Guess who got to be on the Hurdie Burk internet radio show? We did!
A special thanks to Gary Huff at Rusty Auto Productions for our amazing video (not the little youtube videos we obviously did ourselves)!
Thanks to Jimalyn Burruss at Design Bling for adding some wicked fun bling to our GG Cap!
We'd like to thank Matthew Burke at Optimum Training Center for letting us shoot there and Jamie Leshikar for rockin' the GG Cap as only an 8 time IALHA National Champion can!! (She's riding the beautiful horse for those of you who don't what that means!)
Risks and challenges
There are always risks and challenges. Some variables out of our control are price and availability of materials, shipping, natural disasters, and issues with manufacturing. That being said we feel confident in our ability to get the GG Cap produced and delivered on schedule. We have an amazing support system in place comprised of people who are willing and able to step in and help. This is not only our company but our passion. We will do what it takes to get the job done!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
That's a great question! I will hit the high points for you;
~Women can now wear a fitted ball cap and have a place to put their hair!
~The elasticized hole is not only comfortable but allows you to wear a ponytail all day with no headache!
~No more sweaty matted hair sticking to the back of your neck because the hole is placed where a woman would normally wear a ponytail.
~No more nasty ponytail bump or lines after wearing the GG Cap.
~It's made by women for women to ensure a better fitting cap!
~The GG Cap is fun!!
We chose to start with pink, black, and royal blue because those colors were requested the most. However, we are open to suggestions and would LOVE to hear what you think! Please let us know what color you would like by clicking on the comments tab at the top. You rock!!
- (30 days)