Help make the Enigma a reality today by backing one of many rewards on the right-hand side of this page.
If you would like to back more than one reward or a multiple of a single reward, just add the additional amount to your pledge and the extra items will be added at the conclusion of the campaign.
Thank you for your support!
The Element Enigma uses six metal elements: Magnesium, Aluminum, Titanium, Iron, Copper, and Tungsten. Each metal element has its own unique attributes that set them apart. The variety of element colors and asymmetric design adds to the overall esthetic of the piece.
The Aluminum Enigma is constructed entirely from Aluminum. Due to the consistent nature of the material, the Aluminum Enigma is symmetric in design which creates a simple and timeless form.
Once either of these Enigma designs are in your hand you will feel their precision and quality as you operate the pieces. Both the Element Enigma and Aluminum Enigma will be offered in two sizes, Standard and Plus. The Plus size is 8 times the total volume and twice the overall size when compared to the Standard Size. All Enigmas can be displayed in several unique orientations.
Looking for a gift for that person who has everything, look no further. The Enigma is the perfect addition to an office desk, kitchen counter, living room coffee table, or bedroom night stand. It is sure to start a conversation and capture the attention of all who see it.
Funds are needed to buy material in bulk and scale manufacturing. This will reduce costs / production time, while also increasing part quality. Every Backer is important to us and the key to our success. Please don’t hesitate to contact us and share your questions or concerns.
- 97% Pure Magnesium Alloy (~1.8 grams/cm^3)
- 12th Element of the Periodic Table
- Pure Magnesium has a density of 1.74 g/cm^3
- Magnesium is the 12th element in the periodic table and is one of the six Alkaline Earth Metals
- Lightest Structural Metal Element
- Magnesium is the metallic ion in chlorophyll and is found in plants
- Magnesium has 66% the density of Aluminum
- A fully grown human body contains about 24 grams of Magnesium
- Magnesium burns with a brilliant white light and is used in pyrotechnics
- Magnesium-Aluminum alloys are used where strong, lightweight materials are required such as airplanes, missiles, and racecars
- 98% Pure Aluminum Alloy (~2.7 grams/cm^3)
- 13th Element of the Periodic Table
- Pure Aluminum has a density of 2.70 g/cm^3
- Aluminum is also the most abundant metal found naturally on Earth
- Aluminum is present in more than 270 minerals
- Aluminum's density and stiffness are about a third of the density and stiffness of steel
- Australia is the leading producer of the world's aluminium
- Aluminum reflects about 92% of visible light
- The most commonly used elements to combine with aluminium to create an alloy are zinc, copper, silicon, magnesium, and manganese
- 99% Pure Titanium Alloy (~4.4 grams/cm^3)
- 22nd Element of the Periodic Table
- Pure Titanium has a density of 4.51 g/cm^3
- Titanium can be as strong as steel, but with weights as much as 45% lighter than steel
- Titanium is the seventh most common metal on Earth
- Titanium is not poisonous and is corrosive resistant, which makes it perfect for a varity of surgical implants and tools
- Titanium is non-magnetic and is a very poor conductor of electricity
- It also occurs in rocks, soils, and all bodies of water
- Titanium is found in a wide variety of minerals, titanium is also found in every living thing
Iron (Stainless Steel)
- 70% Pure Iron Alloy (~8.0 grams/cm^3)
- 26th Element of the Periodic Table
- Pure Iron has a density of 8.00 g/cm^3
- It is the most abundant element in the total composition of the planet
- Iron often appears as a lustrous silver color, but oxidizes to rust in air
- Pure elemental iron is actually quite soft
- Steel can be as much as one thousand times harder than pure iron
- Iron plays a vital role in oxygen transport throughout the body
- Iron production for tools began as early as 3600 BC
- 99% Pure Copper Alloy (~9.0 grams/cm^3)
- 29th Element of the Periodic Table
- Pure Copper has a density of 8.96 g/cm^3
- Copper's key industrial uses include electrical wiring due to its high level of conductivity
- Brass, bronze, cupronickel, carat, and aluminum bronze are all important alloys of copper
- Copper is fully recyclable without breakdown in quality
- At the rate that copper is currently mined and consumed, there is about five million years' worth on Earth
- Its history as a metal used by civilizations dates back at least 10,000 years
- 95% Pure Tungsten Heavy Alloy (~18.0 grams/cm^3)
- 74th Element of the Periodic Table
- Pure Tungsten has a density of 19.25 g/cm^3
- Tungsten is that 74th element in the periodic table and is part of the Transition Metals group
- Highest Tensile Strength Metal Element
- Highest Melting Point Element (3422 °C, 6192 °F)
- Tungsten is 71% denser than Lead
- Tungsten exists in four different minerals on Earth: wolframite, scheelite, ferberite, and hubnerite
- Due to Tungsten's stability at high temperatures, it is used in applications such as light bulb filaments and rocket engine nozzles
- Tungsten Carbide is an extremely hard compound and is used in drill bits for high speed cutting
We will be using BackerKit to collect data and process pledges for fulfillment. Backerkit allows for a more straight forward and in-depth survey to streamline pledges / add-on items and speed up the shipping process. Once the project has been completed, surveys will be sent out to collect shipping addresses and to allow backers to add any additonal components they desire. The landing page will unlock once the surveys have been sent.
Domestic and International shipping is available at every reward level. Additional funds may be requested once final shipping costs are calculated for specific locations. We will do our best to keep the cost of shipping as low as possible.
Risks and challenges
As an experienced product designer with knowledge of many manufacturing disciplines, you can be sure the overall project completion risk has been mitigated. Every possible step will be taken to ensure that all design requirements and deadlines are met, this is my top priority.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)