Help make the 50|50 Cube a reality today by backing one of the many rewards on the right-hand side of this page. Thank you for your support!
To design and create high quality, ultra performance, desktop physics toys at a reasonable price. Physics has always been a science discipline that has fascinated us. Along with our passion for design and engineering, physics toys were a natural fit.
The 50|50 Cube uses two rare metal elements, Magnesium and Tungsten. Magnesium is the lightest structural metal element on earth and Tungsten is the highest tensile strength metal element in the world. Once the 50|50 Cube is in your hand you feel it's precision and quality finish. The 50|50 Cube has a surprising mass and weighs more than a full 12 oz. aluminum can beverage. The Magnesium and Tungsten color contrast adds to the overall esthetic and is perfectly displayed when using the included stand.
Looking for a gift for that person who has everything, look no further. The 50|50 Cube is the perfect addition to an office desk, kitchen counter, living room coffee table, or bedroom night stand. It is sure to start a conversation and capture the attention of all who see it.
Funds are needed to buy material in bulk and scale manufacturing. This will reduce costs / production time, while also increasing part quality. Every Backer is important to us and the key to our success. Please don’t hesitate to contact us and share your questions or concerns.
- 97% Pure Magnesium Alloy (~1.77 grams/cm^3)
- Magnesium is the 12th element in the periodic table and is one of the six Alkaline Earth Metals
- Lightest Structural Metal Element
- Magnesium is the metallic ion in chlorophyll and is found in a plants
- Magnesium has 66% the density of Aluminum
- A fully grown human body contains about 24 grams of Magnesium
- Magnesium burns with a brilliant white light and is used in pyrotechnics
- Magnesium-Aluminum alloys are used where strong, lightweight materials are required such as airplanes, missiles, and racecars
- 95% Pure Tungsten Heavy Alloy (~18.0 grams/cm^3)
- Tungsten is that 74th element in the periodic table and is part of the Transition Metals group
- Highest Tensile Strength Metal Element
- Highest Melting Point Element (3422 °C, 6192 °F)
- Tungsten is 71% denser than Lead
- Tungsten exists in four different minerals on Earth: wolframite, scheelite, ferberite, and hubnerite
- Due to Tungsten's is stability at high temperatures, it is used in applications such as light bulb filaments and rocket engine nozzles
- Tungsten Carbide is an extremely hard compound and is used in drill bits for high speed cutting
Let the Backers be heard, you suggest stretch goals you are interested in seeing!
We will be using BackerKit to collect data and process pledges for fulfillment. Backerkit allows for a more straight forward and in-depth survey to streamline pledges / add-on items and speed up the shipping process. Once the project has been completed, surveys will be sent out to collect shipping addresses and to allow backers to add on additonal components they desire. The landing page will unlock once the surveys have been sent.
- Concept Design: March 2017
- Finalize Design: June 2017
- Launch Date: August 14th, 2017
- Campaign Ends: October 13th, 2017 (60 days)
- Receive Funds: October 30th, 2017
- Ship Orders: November - December 2017
Domestic and International shipping is available at every reward level. Additional funds may be requested once final shipping costs are calculated for specific locations. We will do our best to keep the cost of shipping as low as possible.
Risks and challenges
As an experienced product designer with knowledge of many manufacturing disciplines, you can be sure the overall project completion risk has been mitigated. Every possible step will be taken to ensure that all design requirements and deadlines are met, this is my top priority.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)