Our goal is to create 80 tracks containing locations from all over the Midgard Setting. The main collection will have 50 tracks, with 30 tracks of stretch goals available to unlock. The tracks will be 320 kbps MP3 and a FLAC file formats. You will get a Dropbox link for easy download as well as links from DTRPG for easy storage. We use Backerkit for our surveys.
Each track is a 10-minute long background location that loops seamlessly. When you are preparing your adventure, you can create a playlist on your favorite audio software that plays MP3s, such as iTunes. When the group reaches a location in your game, you start the track on repeat and play out the scene. The tracks add depth to the story without distracting from it. When the players move on to a different location, you simply change tracks.
Here is a rundown of the rewards being offered. All audio pack besides the Midgard collection were created through past KS.
- Midgard Audio Collection: This is what this project is all about! 50 new Fantasy audio tracks from all over the Midgard setting. This collection will grow as we unlock stretch goals. This reward comes with all levels.
- PMG's Environment Collection: 40 outdoor tracks great for any genre. Mountains, forests, the arctic, jungles, swamps, it's all here! It also includes tracks with rain. The PMG Environment Collection is included in the Audio Fighter, the Audio Monarch, and the Audio Divinity levels. Check out the track list here.
- PMG's Fantasy Collection: Our bestselling bundle by far. A massive collection of fantasy locations, tension tracks, and ambient sounds that take your collection to the next level. The PMG Fantasy Collection is included in the Audio Monarch and the Audio Divinity levels. Check out the track list here.
- The Entire Plate Mail Games Catalog: 5 years, 9 Kickstarters, and thousands of hours, resulting in hundreds of tracks and a few PDFs. I have worked very hard on this collection which covers all genres. Are you a GM who plays more than fantasy? I have you covered. Get the whole PMG shebang with the Audio Divinity level! Be a god of RPG audio. It's worth every silver piece and then some.
Blood Maiden Temple
You can also download PMG's Free Audio Sampler to hear more of our work from DriveThruRPG. It has 2 fantasy tracks, 2 horror tracks and 2 Sci-fi tracks.
My name is Wes Otis. My wife Michelle and I are Plate Mail Games. I am a professional sound designer with 19 years of post production audio experience working for studios such as Disney and Warner Bros. I am also a gamer with over 30 years in the hobby. I've been nominated for four Golden Reels and an Emmy for my work. Michelle is a composer with a Master of Music degree. She is a gamer as well who has a great understanding of what works best in gaming audio. She has been writing music for Plate Mail Games from the beginning. We have been designing sound for tabletop games for the past five years, creating hundreds of tracks for all genres. Some of the companies we've done audio for include Evil Hat Games, Monte Cook Games, Riot Games, and Geek and Sundry.
Here is my sound design reel.
Plate Mail Games, like many small gaming companies, uses Kickstarter to help fund larger projects that otherwise would be impossible for us bankroll ourselves. It also gives us a sense of interest in a product line. This is our 9th Kickstarter, so we know the ins and outs of making sure you get the most for backing our project.
Where is the money going? Over a third of the money raised goes to taxes, Kickstarter fees, bank fees, licensing, and Backerkit. The rest goes to covering the time it takes to make the tracks. If we unlock all the stretch goals, we will have raised enough money to upgrade some of my studio as well. Upgrades include new audio libraries, recording studio time, software, and gear. But, this is only if we do super well and the costs can be covered. As mentioned, this is our 9th Kickstarter, and we have created several hundred tracks over the past five years, so we are good to go.
- Unlocked! Southlands, Tomb of a God-King
- Unlocked! Dornig, Forest Ruins of the Elves
- Unlocked! Northlands, Trollkin Camp
- Unlocked! Dornig, Fallen Temple of Valeresh
- Unlocked! Northlands, Raiding Party
- Unlocked! Western Wastes,Seat of Mavros
- Unlocked! Shadow Realm, Shadow Fey Court
- Unlocked! Ironcrag Cantons, Ruined Dwarven Hall
- Unlocked! Southlands, House of the Gnoll Mercant
- Unlocked! Rothenian Plain
- Unlocked! Bemmea
- Unlocked! Maillon, the Alchemist's City
- Unlocked! Bourgund City
- Unlocked! Shadow Realm, The Queen's Gala
- Unlocked! Gardens of Carnessa
- Unlocked! Black Chambers of the Undercity
- Unlocked! Scarlet Citadel
- Unlocked! Volund's Beard
- Unlocked! Zobeck Lynx Fighting Pit
- Unlocked! Griffon Court
- Unlocked! Turtle Cove
- Unlocked! Marauder's Point: Nautical Dungeon
- Unlocked! Vael Turog: Ruined City in Western Wastes
- Unlocked! The Realm of Baba Yaga
- Unlocked! Sinkhole Mine
- Unlocked! The Dragon Lord's Procession and Army
When we reach 500 backers, or $17,500, we unlock 10 brand new environment tracks!
- Great Lake Shore
- Ancient Forest
- Ancient Forest, Night
- Mountain Top 2
- Desert Badlands 2
- Rainy Coast
- Craggy Canyon
- Pasture Lands
- Thunderstorm 2
- Waterfall Grove
Risks and challenges
We are very experienced with Kickstarter and audio, so we can deal with any issues that come up. We will keep backers well-informed as the project is being completed. We are always available for questions. If an issue does come up, we will notify the backers immediately.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)