Version 0.5.30.5 - Optimisations
After long hours of writing Level Of Detail, Culling, Polling System, Multi threading and other cool buzz words we read in the dictionary, the optimised version of Legends of Ellaria is finally here!
So what’s new ? Obviously, it runs faster! Actually it runs twice as fast on our computers, but we still noticed some points to improve. We expect to publish more versions with improvements and optimisations in the following weeks.
In the meanwhile, Version 0.5.30.5 includes the following:
- A complete redesign of Greenside map
- A new loading screen with detailed progress
- A multi threading system that optimises the game and loads game items in the background, resulting in less freezes and faster gameplay
- An options menu for setting the video resolution, full screen toggle, brightness, contrast, vibrance, quality and audio volumes.
- A new and redesigned main menu
- A few dozen bug fixes
- A few major bug fixes. The magical floating chicken is not magically floating anymore
- A few AI tweaks
How to update / download Legends of Ellaria ?
You can run your older version of Legends of Ellaria (v 0.5.30.2) with an internet connection, and will receive a message asking to update your version. The update is automatic and harmless. Just be sure not to close the Update Manager during the update process.
In case you don’t have an older version installed, or run into a problem during the update, you can download Legends of Ellaria from here.
Legends of Ellaria is set to your maximum resolution with High quality. If you notice a slow gameplay, you should lower the resolution and quality in the options menu
Since most of the update includes optimisations, we won’t post a new video, but we’re excited about the next updates, which will include dialogs, quests, multi maps and other cool things that Ellaria needs.
Since we’re close to the release date, we would like to recieve your opinion about Legends of Ellaria. Any opinion about the features we’ve implemented so far, or missing features, playability or your general experience will be most welcomed. Please visit this forum thread to share your opinion.
Until then, have fun and stay tuned for our next update.