Right now, there is no centralized place to search for information about anti-trans violence, or to track the status of open cases. There is no website to search to see what’s happening in your neighborhood, or to see trends or demographic information by date. That’s what we’re aiming to change with the Trans Violence Tracker. You can help us make this website a reality by backing us now.
Information is power. In order to act, we have to be aware. This is a start at collecting data on violence, both to protect the transgender community in real time, and so that we can all be better-informed advocates for change.
What will this website do, specifically?
Collect trans violence statistics and make them centrally available to the public
- Potentially create the ability to see violence trends and spikes
- Create a way to monitor the website data for accuracy
- Provide access to accurate information throughout the year
- Notify and broadcast news to the relevant organizations and the media
- Create a way for people to share the news via Twitter and Facebook
See even more at: http://www.transviolencetracker.com
Risks and challenges
I currently hold 30 years experience in building database systems including automation and statistical systems. I also currently own web servers and hosting. There are very few technology challenges within this project.
Funding of this project will cover the costs associated with development of the and maintenance of the system.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)