Back to school press, woohoo!! Thanks Behind the Burner.
So you want to know the story about our T-Shirt...
Our friend Deana is no stranger to ice pops. As a cartoonist and illustrator, Deana has had her work published in Barron's, and regularly works on her Philip the Sea Lion webcomic. Our favorite issue highlights Philip as a collector of popsicle sticks.
When we approached Deana to help us design our T-shirt, we knew we had the right person to imaginate our idea; a whimsicle NY skyline populated by Brewla Bar edifices. It took a few iterations, but I think she nailed it. What do you think?
Looking HOT (at the Fulton Stall Market)!! Thanks Erin...
Traditional ice pops are frozen slabs of high fructose corn syrup and unnatural flavorings targeted toward children. We at Brewla Bars believe it is time for a better ice pop. Our flavors (we have 5!) are sourced from high quality natural ingredients, are 100 calories or less, and are each enhanced with a unique boost. We want to get Brewla Bars into as many hands as possible and need your help. Donate and we will prove that a Brewla Bar can make anyone happy! Lick well, live well.
They just keep coming...
- We changed our logo and as a result put up a new picture. Let us know what you think??
- We made it into the NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/20/dining/reviews/new-yorks-new-frozen-treats-25-and-under.html?_r=2 The writer thinks we are too virtuous but we want to know what you think?? Just hit that green button, choose your donation and then shoot us a message with your thoughts...
- Find us in New Haven!!!!!!! Say what? You heard us...now you can find us at the Blue State Coffee Shop http://www.bluestatecoffee.com/stores/new-haven-wall-street/ We are pretty excited about this and hope you are too. Go check it out!! 84 Wall Street, New Haven, CT 06511
- We were featured on Markets of New York on Friday!! http://www.marketsofnewyork.com/ And we even got a new video out of it!!
What are these boosts you speak of?
Curious about the boost, try one of our exclusive flavors:
The BUZZ - Sweetened espresso with an energy boost
The HERO - Cherry pomegranate red tea with an immunity boost
The LULLABY - Peach ginger white tea with a calming boost
The REMEDY - Raspberry green tea with an antioxidant boost
The DOCTOR - Craft brewed root beer float with 10% calcium to help maintain healthy bone strength
How will my donation be spent?
The money will be going towards the space at the Seaport as well as our ingredient needs so we can continue to make fresh product for consumption and testing. We also need to rent space in a commercial kitchen so we can make the product. We use high quality ingredients because they make a difference. We also need money to pay for our sticks and the bags our Brewla Bars are packaged in. Finally, we need packaging that communicates what you are consuming in a label so you can really understand what a Brewla Bar is all about.
Where can I purchase some Brewla Bars?
We have exciting news...starting August 1st, find Brewla Bars 7 days a week at the Wicked Spoon in Park Slope!! http://wickedspoonyogurt.com/ on 9th St and 5th Ave.
We are currently selling in two locations in New York City. On Saturday’s through the Market Share booth at the Smorgasburg in Williamsburg and on Sunday’s at the South Street Seaport Fulton Stalls. To find out about all the events we will be at, follow us on Facebook at www.brewlabars.com or twitter @BrewlaBars
What have we been up to?
- Bastille Day fun at bar 1534 where we made our version of the green beast cocktail. Of course we added some green tea to keep it Brewla authentic
- A wonderful charity event in Fire Island where we donated 300 bars to Dancers Responding to AIDS 17th annual dance festival. They set a new record raising over $340,000.
- Our sweet appearance in TONY
And there's more to come...Special Thanks and a couple shout outs...
Our FANS!!!!!!!! You guys have been an amazing support!! Keep spreading the word. The more people that know we are out there the more likely we are to reach our goal. All your help and support so far is so amazing and we really appreciate it!!
We couldn't have pulled off our video without the help of our Directors of Photography, William Castelucci and William Shu and our Editor, Conor Hagan.
We would also like to thank Lyz Keating and Paul Walker for helping us connect with our film makers and all their love and support. Special thanks go out to Teddy Yu for his wonderful logo design. Lindsey and Ari, you may be far away but we still appreciate all your help and everything you've done to help us get where we are. We can't wait for your return!! And of course, our friends and family who have supported this project and provide the encouragement to keep us going...
Special thanks go out to Jackie De Jesu for our new logo!! We love it and think it really embraces what we are all about. Also want to thank Katie Ablan, thanks for your help!!
- (46 days)