Due to your exemplary work in the field, you're being promoted to Chief Officer of the Kazitaire City Safe House. The communist plague has infected this nation, and it will be up to you to liberate it with the swift kick from the boot of American freedom. It's time to get to work.""
Safe House is an independent strategy/simulation game coming to PC in the fall of 2017.
One part tycoon game, one part puzzler, and another part espionage simulator, Safe House is a mix of "Papers, Please", "Sim Tower" and "James Bond".
- Deep simulation of running, constructing, and managing a top secret spy headquarters.
- Variety of rooms and activities, from decoding intercepted messages to providing medical support to wounded agents.
- Story-based campaign that pits the player in the midst of a shadowy spy war.
- Test your skills at building, upgrading, and running a successful safe house, providing support to spies, agents, and saboteurs.
You play as a newly minted CIA agent tasked with managing a Safe House in the fictional African nation of Kazitaire. After years of being opressed under the crushing rule of a ruthless dictator, the CIA has determined that it's time to overthrow the despots controlling Kazitaire.
You are tasked with supporting spies, soldiers, and saboteurs in your covert attempt to overthrow the local government. Undermine the infrastructure, arm rebel forces, and take out enemies to your cause.
But be careful. In the shadows, it's difficult to tell friend from foe. Do you really know who you're working for?
- A blend of time-based puzzles and strategic base building.
- Recruit, upgrade, and assign spies and soldiers!
- A story-based campaign, full of twists and turns.
- Multiple missions and assignments presenting you with moral decisions that can have lasting ramifications.
- A unique 3D art style reminiscent of Saul Bass and other 1960's spy entertainment.
- Rich characters and dialogue cut scenes that further the story and add depth to the game's universe.
The game is split into three distinct phases:
- Construction: Construct and upgrade the rooms in your safe house. Doing so will help you generate more income and unlock new missions and opportunities.
- Mission Phase: Assign your units to various espionage missions across the city. This will advance the story and provide your spies and soldiers with XP.
- Activity Phase: Run the daily activities of your safe house. This timed segment simulates the course of an evening, and will put players with various puzzles and challenges based on the constructed rooms. Successfully completing these challenges will earn you money to build and upgrade the Safe House!
As the administrator of the safe house, you are tasked with expanding, building, and upgrading your spy headquarters.
Occupying a dilapidated building out of the fictional African nation of Kazitaire, the CIA has set up a clandestine safe house for spies, soldiers and saboteurs.
Construct various rooms to generate income, provide support, or train agents. Throughout the campaign, you will encounter missions and events that will require the support of your safe house. Construct it and manage it in order to help win the war!
- Certain missions and assignments require specific rooms to be functional in the safe house. Construct the appropriate ones in order to complete your tasks!
- Upgraded rooms will generate more income and will unlock new tasks and activities!
Some of the rooms the player can construct include:
Not only must you construct the safe house, but you must also run its day-to-day operations. Perform the safe house's daily tasks to generate income and further the cause. Accept spies looking for shelter, receive supply drops, decode secret messages. Success will result in further success towards your mission, while failure may cost you your life...
Complete Safe House's rich main story by training and managing spies, soldiers, and saboteurs. Send them on missions and train them to be efficient masters of spycraft. But be warned, your decisions will have long lasting consequences, not just on your agents, but on the very political landscape in which you operate.
Assign your spies and soldiers to a variety of missions and assignments. Be sure to pair each unit's unique skills to match the appropriate mission in order to achieve optimal results.
The best way to understand the game is by breaking down it's core loop:
- You perform daily activities, such as decoding messages, interrogating enemies, aiding wounded spies.
- Performing the activities earns you cash and agent XP.
- Use this cash and XP to upgrade your Safe House further (unlocking new activities for greater cash yields) and levelling up your agents.
- With your newly upgraded agents, you can send them out into the field, completing story missions and activities.
Rinse and repeat!
We've got three special stretch goals planed, allowing the project to scale based on the funding. Help unlock them all!
Labs Games is a one man studio located out of Canada! Working under the pseudonym of "LABS", this developer is an anonymous industry member who creates fun, experimental titles like Safe House single-handedly.
As you can imagine, developing a game is a long, intense process, which is why I've come to Kickstarter for extra aid. This game will get created no matter what, but the support of backers will ensure the highest quality and efficiency of the developmental process.
Funds will go 100% to various developmental costs, such as overhead, licenses, and any products (art, audio) needed for the game.
We Have Been Greenlit!
Thank you to the community for supporting and helping this game get on Steam!
Risks and challenges
While development is tricky and difficult, LABS Games has experience in shipping indie titles. What is truly the most difficult task is gaining visibility and awareness in such a saturated market of other titles.
Contents Subject to Change
As with any game in development, the contents and features are subject to change. While Safe House's core design and systems are already built and well underway, there is always the risk that the final product may vary differently from original builds.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)