MemWars - The Art of Memory.
MemWars - The Art of Memory.
A memory challenge board game providing hours of enjoyment as well as improving players' recall, recollection and retention abilities.
A memory challenge board game providing hours of enjoyment as well as improving players' recall, recollection and retention abilities. Read more
MemWars is a new memory game that is both an enjoyable pastime and a tool to help you improve your memory.
- Games can be short (~ 1/2 hour), medium (~ hour) or long (~ 2 hour) by using ¼, ½ or the full board.
- Games can also be easy – medium – hard – very hard … depending on the amount and kind of information to be recalled.
Begin with enjoyable memory challenges ranging from sports, music or popular culture and then add in new memory challenges that help prepare for standardized tests like the SAT ... or competitions like Quiz Bowl.
Do you have a hobby with its own unique body of knowledge? You can use the game to master practically any information of interest in subjects ranging from Astronomy to Zoology.
Memory is a creative and imaginative process - unique to humans. The more we exercise our memories, the easier it becomes to remember and the quicker we can memorize.
MemWars is a new memory game for ages 11+. MemWars is derived from an innovation - the Macunx structure - developed by Dr. Aaron Ralby - a linguist and expert in memory training - and an old game - "Mark Twain's Memory Builder Game" - developed and patented by Mark Twain in 1885.
Because people can remember things better when they tie them to a place, the Macunx (Magical Quincunx) structure was designed by Aaron to have 100 easily-identifiable places to map information.
MemWars is a game focused on helping the players memorize specific, facts. These facts are contained in various stacks of cards or memory decks - MemDecks - that come with the game. Each MemDeck is a set of 25, 50, or 100 cards about a specific topic and a description of how the facts are mapped to the Macunx structure. Each card includes the facts to remember and references for further study, if the player wishes.
There are three editions of the game all of which have physical prototypes already built.
MemDecks will cover as broad a range of topics as can be imagined by our customers - information structured for ease of memorization using the MemWars board.
The gamification of the Macunx makes improving memory enjoyable. And once the memory techniques and the Macunx structure itself are mastered, memorization becomes easier and quicker as does recall, recollection and remembering.
Our basic Kickstarter goal represents the minimum level of support that would suggest that we have a viable product. Higher levels of support will warrant additional development efforts.
As a technology company with a 10-year history of technological innovation, we will develop the following support technologies as we reach the following funding goals :
- $24,000 - Create a MemDeck portal. Subject Matter Experts will be permitted/encouraged to develop and upload their own MemDecks through this gateway.
- $48,000 - Create an iOS (Apple)/Android MemWars app supporting gameplay: MemDeck distribution/in-app purchase, score keeping, optional timer.
- $72,000 - Create a MemDeck for Health Fundamentals and provide that plus a Student Edition board to African villages/schools free of charge 1-for-1 for any executive version game chosen on the KickStarter.
- $96,000 - Create a custom board/theme input portal for ordering custom Scholar Editions of MemWars.
- $120,000 - Include an additional MemDeck and playing pieces with each Scholar and Student edition.
Upon KickStarter Launch:
- Preliminary identification of production facilities - min 2 per edition.
- Continue standard edition MemDeck creation
- Continue play testing
As soon as it becomes apparent that the KickStarter will succeed, the following milestones become operative:
- Prepare/refine surveys for MemDeck votes/proposals, Scholar Edition themes
- Negotiate production contract(s); select production facility for each edition.
Upon successful completion of the KickStarter:
- Conduct surveys
- Finalize production orders based on surveys; produce & ship reward editions of MemWars
- Produce (for stock) inventory of MemWars
As a viable line of business, the revenue from the sale of MemWars games will support research, development and production of extensions of the product line. Product line management including marketing, sales and overhead will be funded. Systems like the MemDeck Portal that will be developed upon reaching our stretch goals will also be supported, managed and maintained.
Finally, a successful product launch will permit us to sponsor and/or conduct studies in memory, aging and cognition.
Risks and challenges
The physical game design is complete as are the rules for game play. Small adjustments are anticipated based on play testing which is currently under way by different age-/education-level groups to ensure an enjoyable and educational experience. The rules will no doubt be refined as more play testing happens.
Printing the rules and included materials are the least problematic aspect of production and can therefore be finished last - after the actual game board and playing pieces are manufactured. Manufacturers will be down-selected to two as soon as the KickStarter reaches its funding goal. Final selection depends on negotiation.
The principal components that need to be produced are well-understood and their manufacture presents no identifiable hurdles other than completion of negotiations with the various suppliers and ensure the production units meet the quality requirements of the game and cost parameters. As an experienced business owner, these matter are low risk.
The creation of additional "memory decks" will be done by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in various fields under the guidance of Paladin Logic . Each SME who publishes a "memory deck" will receive royalties for each unit sold. The memory deck submission/vetting portal will be available after the close of the KickStarter.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)