We have been using our laptops and computers for a very long fulfilling various needs of our daily life. Laptops are generally used by opening the clamshell for a computer and then folded shut for transportation, thus making them suitable for the mobile user. Now, its time that one can become capable enough to build one them self!!!
Imagine developing not just any device, but a complete laptop using Raspberry Pi as its brain! We introduce to you LapPi, a modular DIY laptop using Raspberry Pi.
LapPi gives you the full functionality of a desktop computer in a versatile, hand-held device - complete with all the ports, processing powers and programs to need to operate at full capacity.
1. Instruction manual: This manual contains information about how to assemble and operate the LapPi
2. Capacitive LCD Touch Screen: 7" LCD has 1024x600 resolution, while 5" LCD has 800x480 resolution. The screens support various SBC's to give you more scope.
3. 3800mAh Power bank: Power up your LapPi using this power bank. It is enabled with an On/Off switch and provides battery charging support.
4. Raspberry Pi 3B+: The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range. It is included in the LapPi kits. Although LapPi is compatible with all RPi versions also.
5. Wireless Touchpad Keyboard: The touchpad keyboard comes with an adjustable resolution. It is similar to a Laptop touchpad. It is the perfect companion for your device.
6. Official RPi Camera: The Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 has a Sony IMX219 8-megapixel sensor. This can be used to take high-definition video, as well as stills photographs.
7. 8Ω 5W Speakers pair: The pair of speakers support all your screen types. They are best companions for your movies and audio playing.
8. Available colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Black, Clear: 5 colors options are available for the back and bottom panels.
9. Power Adaptor: Compatible with all versions of the Raspberry Pi including the Pi 2 and Pi 3. Provides an output of 5V DC 2.5A Regulated Input 100V to 240V AC.
10. HDMI Flat cable: This cable features flexible and easy wring. It provides more stable transmission and is capable of dealing with complex environment.
11. Micro USB Cable: USB Cable - A Male to Micro B. It has a smaller connector designed to fit smaller spaces.
12. HDMI Plug Adaptor: A straight HDMI plug.
All this is inside a box that fits through 85% of mailboxes. And this will be made easier to ship with our trusted delivery partners.
LapPi is compatible with all Raspberry Pi variants starting from Pi Zero to the latest 3B+ models.
LapPi is an outstanding laptop that can be assembled, built, and run by you, yourself. A complete DIY gadget whose each part is completely configurable and can be used with other projects as well. All the components can be inserted or removed at any point of time depending upon the usability. This brings LapPi to its unique feature of 'DIY laptop'.
It comes with a 7" & 5" capacitive touchscreen, a wireless keyboard with touch-pad, an 8Ω 5W speaker set, an acrylic sheet case, Li-Ion rechargeable power bank, and Raspberry Pi (any variant can be used).
Risks and challenges
Since it is a DIY, all components fit enabled laptop, it will still have to face the market competition.
Although, no hard programming is required to build this product, but it is made with great dedication and sincerity to please the audience. The major risk and challenges with LapPi are that it must be presentable that our viewers like it and back it with generosity.
- (30 days)