About this project
WHAT IS FANG & TALON?
In a far-off land ambitious lords vie for control of the region. The land is filled with soldiers, nobles, beasts, thieves and monsters. Vance, Wallace and Selvig are the Fang & Talon mercenary company and they are caught in the middle ground of good and evil - just trying to make some coin.
Most of our scripts are written and the main roles are cast. We are still building costumes and buying props. We are actively scouting locations to shoot the series in. Our team consists of many talented people with experience on several other short films, independent features, stage productions, and music videos. Many of our cast and crew are Alumni from Minneapolis College of Art & Design. We have a plan, and we have the people in place to get it done. We just need the funds to get the tools we need to make a high quality product you can enjoy.
WHO ARE WE?
Jacob Gulliver - Writer/Director: Jacob earned his BFA in Filmmaking from the Minneapolis College of Art & Design, and has worked at several local studios, filming and editing dozens of short films and music videos. He loves all things nerdy is always excited for the next big project.
Kyle Dekker - "Wallace"/Producer/Writer: Following a 4 year stint in the Marine Corps, Kyle earned his BA in History at Southern Illinois University. A self proclaimed film buff and RPG gamer, he has always wanted to combine his two hobbies into something people could enjoy.
Maxwell Savage - "Vance"/Fight Coordinator: Maxwell earned his BA in Theater Arts from the University of Minnesota, and has performed in all kinds of feature films, short films and stage productions in the Midwest. He has been working on various forms of combat for more than half of his life, and has been working on stage combat for the last 5 years.
Tom Lockman - "Selvig": Coming from a long line of performers, Tom has been in several stage and film productions, and is probably a real wizard.
WHERE ARE YOU FILMING?
The State of Minnesota is filled with gorgeous locales just like the one you see here. We have scouted locations along the St. Croix and Mississippi Rivers, Battle Creek State Park, Swede Hollow and more. The natural beauty of our state makes for some exciting locations to create a living breathing fantasy world.
WHEN WILL YOU START FILMING?
When we complete the very successful Kickstarter Campaign we will start filming right away! Production will begin in September and run through October, with episodes being released soon after.
WHAT WILL THE MONEY BE USED FOR?
To create a fully realized fantasy world we need battle ready blades, period costumes and unique props. With the large amount of location shoots, we will need a sizable crew. Runners, PAs, caterers, makeup, armorers, sound techs, medical staff and more. We also have to cast roles for the various characters Vance, Wallace and Selvig will encounter in the series, using local professional actors. The is an ambitious project, but with your help we can get it done!
WHAT DO I GET FOR MY MONEY?
We have selected several awesome rewards to fit all budgets. Every backer gets access to our private YouTube channel where you will get to see the production unfold before your very eyes. For just $5 you will get your name in the credits, most other projects ask for much more than that to see your name on screen. We also have 4 very unique rewards:
-$35 you get a hand made dice bag, the perfect home for your d20s, d12s and the like. Each bag will be made from scraps of costume fabric used in the series and screen printed with the official Fang and Talon logo. This reward also nets you a HD download of the first full season!
-$50 you will get an Official Adventure Module for the Castles and Crusades RPG game system. You will be able to play an adventure with your own characters in the world we have created. This reward also includes the dice bag and HD download of the series.
- $500 we will film a personalized thank you video in full costume proclaiming your awesomeness and generosity to the world! We will also post the video on our public YouTube channel and put it on the bonus features of the DVD. This level also nets you several other outstanding items (such as a prop used on-screen in the film).
-$2000 Kyle Dekker will personally come to your gaming den and run a game of Castles and Crusades for you and 4 of your friends (you will also get everything from the $1000 package as well).
We will also be giving away props (after filming of course), roles in the movie, signed an personalized DVDs, scripts cast photos and more. We also to plan to add more bonus rewards as the Kickstarter campaign unfolds. The rewards listed here are only the beginning!
$6000 - All backers who select the signed DVD reward will have the option of upgrading to a Blu-Ray instead.
$7500 - The Castles and Crusades Adventure module will be available in print as well digital forms.
$10000 - All backers who give $75 or more will get a custom Fang and Talon T-Shirt.
HOW DO I HELP?
1. Make a donation in any size (even a dollar is a big help for us). You can change your donation amount anytime before the campaign ends and you will not be charged anything unless we meet our goal.
2. After you back us and complete your transaction, Kickstarter will give you the option to send a message your to followers/friends on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. The message will say you just backed our project (you can customize this message) and get the word out to your social media. This will be a huge help to us and it only takes a few seconds.
3. Find another friend, family member, gamer or anyone to make a donation as well. Even if it is just $1 they can get access to our behind the scenes YouTube channel. $5 gets their name in the credits!
4. Applaud yourself for helping independent cinema flourish in tough times, and for helping four dedicated people achieve a dream. We seriously appreciate your help!
Support this project
- (30 days)