From the creators of Infinity Cube - Fidget in Style, comes a pair of luxury Bolt Action Pens. Only a limited number of Early Bird pens are available to ship before the end of the year. Back this project now if you want to be the first to receive your Bastion Bolt Action Pen.
Unleash your creative genius with the luxury Bolt Action Pen by Bastion Gear. CNC machined out of carbon fiber and stainless steel, it's precisely designed for sketching and writing, making it the perfect companion to have at your desk or when you're on the go.
Bastion’s bolt action pen is available in two different styles. An all stainless steel pen for a clean, sophisticated look. A carbon fiber and stainless pen for a high-tech, professional look.
The bolt action is inspired by the mechanism used in rifles. It provides an elegant and secure mechanical lock without parts that will wear out or break.
Carbon fiber is rarely used in pens due to it's high cost and manufacturing complexity. We figured out how to incorporate a carbon fiber barrel with stainless steel ends for a durable, unique pen.
The body is CNC machined from a solid piece of stainless steel that will last forever. It has a sleek and seamless appearance.
Length: 134mm (5.28 inches) Width: 11.5mm (0.45 inches)
The carbon fiber version consists of a solid carbon fiber tube over a stainless core tube. It is difficult to thread into carbon fiber, so the stainless threads will guarantee that the threads last forever, no matter how many times you change the refills.
Weight:Stainless steel pen: 80g (2.8 ounces) Carbon fiber pen: 65g (2.3 ounces)
The bolt action has an extremely satisfying feel that is fun to fidget with!
Once you've held the Bolt Action Pen, you won't want to let it go. Since it arrives in a gift box, you may want to buy another to make that perfect gift for someone special.
The ISO standard G2 "Parker style" refills are super simple to replace. There are many colors, inks and tip styles available from Parker and other refill manufactures. It's easy to swap colors, and never run out of ink.
The “Parker-Style” ballpoint refill is actually a common refill which is better known as the G2 Refill. Originally created by the Parker Company, this refill is now an ISO standard, and is used by many different pen brands. The G2 refill is 98mm long and approximately 5.8mm in diameter on the main barrel. The refill has a distinctively recognizable shape, and most of the refills come in a metal barrel. Metal barreled refills have a larger ink capacity than plastic versions as the barrel walls are much thinner.
The Parker versions quality is excellent, but their are alternatives from other manufactures that offer additional tip size and color choices. Some other things to note:
- The Parker standard ballpoint refill has been discontinued. It has been replaced by their “QuinkFlow hybrid ink refill.
- Other manufacturers offer gel ink versions of this refill with brighter, more vivid colors.
- The Schneider 755 Slider refill is a hybrid ink refill which is fast drying, and has extra smooth writing. The refill allows you the best of both worlds with the ballpoint, and the gel ink. This refill even comes with an extra broad tip.
- The Schmidt Megaline P950M is a pressurised refill which makes any G2 refill in a “Space Pen.” (The pen writes upside down, in zero gravity, in very low temperatures, and on greasy or damp paper.)
Refill Manufactures and Options
- American Pen Company (Fine) Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red, Light Blue, Magenta, Orange, Brown, Turquoise - BROAD: Black, Blue, Turquoise
- Aurora Standard (Medium) Black, Blue
- Diplomat EasyFLOW ballpoint (Medium) Black, Blue Fine: Black (Bold) Black
- Faber-Castell Ballpoint (Medium) Black
- Faber-Castell Scribero Gel Ink Roller (0.3MM) Blue, Black
- Fisher Space Pen Refill, PR Series (Medium) Turquoise, Brown, Purple, Burgundy, Black, Green, Red (Bold) Black, Blue, FINE: Black, Green, Red, Blue
- Fisher Space Pen – Universal Ballpoint Refill (Medium) Silver, Black (Bold) Black
- Foray Ballpoint Refill for Parker (Medium) Black
- Kaweco Soul G2 Refill 1.0mm (Medium) Black, Blue
- Kaweco Sport Roller Ball Pen Refill (Medium) Black
- Moleskine Ballpoint Refill (Fine) Black, Red, Green, Brown, Purple
- Moleskine Roller Gel Fluorescent Refills (1.2MM) Yellow, Green, Orange, Pink
- Monteverde Liquid Ink (Medium) Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red , Light Blue, Magenta, Orange, Brown, Turquoise (Broad) Black, Blue, Turquoise
- Monteverde Gel Ink (Medium) Black, Blue, Green, Pink, Red , Light Blue, Magenta, Orange, Brown, Turquoise (Broad) Black, Blue, Turquoise
- Monteverde Needle Point Refill - Black, Blue, Blue Black
- Monteverde Soft Roll- Black, Blue, Blue Black, Brown, Orange, Purple, Turquoise, Red, Green, Pink
- Monteverde Soft Roll (Superbroad) Black (UltraFine) Black, Blue
- OHTO Needlepoint Ballpoint Pen Refill PS-807NP
- OHTO PS-205NP Extra-Fine 0.5mm Ballpoint Pen Refill 0.5mm Black
- Parafernalia Ballpoint Pen Refill NO LOGO Black
- Parker Standard (Fine) Black, Blue (Medium) Black, Blue
- Parker Gel (Medium) Black, Blue, Red
- Pelikan Giant Ballpoint Pen Refill 337 (Medium) Black, Red, Blue (Broad) Black, Blue FINE: Black, Blue
- Pentel KFLT8 Ballpoint Pen Refill 0.7mm Black
- Platignum Standard Ballpoint Pen Refill Black, Blue
- Retro 51 Tornado Roller Ball Refills (REF5P) (Made by Schmidt) Black, Blue
- Schmidt 9000M EasyFlow Pen Refill - Back, Blue
- Schmidt P8126 Capless Rollerball (Fine) Blue, Black, Red, Green
- Schmidt P8900 Super Bowl Refill (Fine) Black, Blue
- Schmidt P900 B Ballpoint Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine) Black, Blue, Red, Green
- Schmidt P950M Megaline Pressurized Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium) Black, Blue
- Schneider Express 735 Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine) Black, Blue, Green, Red
- Schneider Slider 755 Pen Refill (Extra-Broad, Medium) Black, Blue, Green, Red
- STABILO EASYgel Refill Black, Blue
- Stabilo Ballpoint Refill Black, Blue
- Tombow BR-ZLM Ballpoint Pen Refill Black
- Visconti Ballpoint Pen Refill AA49 1.4 (Broad) Black, Blue
A limited number of Early Bird Stainless Steel and Carbon Fiber pens have already been manufactured in order to be available to ship soon after the Kickstarter, and be delivered to you in December 2017. The first set of reward levels are therefore limited to the quantity of pens that we have ready to ship.
Once the limited reward levels are filled, a new (limited) reward level will be opened with an expected ship date of January 2018.
These pens are only being sold on Kickstarter, and Kickstarter backers will be the first to receive their pens.
The Bolt Action Pen is a BASTION GEAR + ENGINEERABLE collaboration. It is manufactured and sold by Bastion Gear, who specializes in design and manufacturing of luxury every day carry (EDC) accessories and gear. Engineerable LLC focuses on quality design and manufacturing of products.
Bastion and Engineerable combined have launched 9 successful and timely fulfilled Kickstarters,
- Infinity Cube - Fidget in Style
- Focus Shifter - Lens Mounted Follow Focus for DSLR
- Balance Counter Weight for FocusShifter
- Carboneer - Ultralight Minimal Carbon Fiber Key Clip for EDC
- Real Carbon Fiber Comb
- TimeDock Pebble Time Charging Dock, Steel & Round Smartwatch
- TimeDock Pebble Time 2 and Pebble 2 Charging Dock
- FocusShifter Follow Focus for DSLR Camera with Custom Pouch
- LensShifter: The Only Balanced Focus & Zoom Camera Lens Grip
Mike Navitsky, Daniel Bauen, Brian Ellis, Evgeniy Yakimchuk, Anastasia Juscenko, Green Inbox, Susan Hair
We're making it super easy for you to share the pens to the world. The press pack, share links, video, and embedding instructions can all be found below.
Embed the video or project using the info here.
Share on Facebook.
Share on Twitter.
Kickstarter Video on Youtube:
Help make the Bolt Action Pen a reality by selecting the reward of your choice, and helping spread the word by sharing this page on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. #boltactionpen
Risks and challenges
BASTION is well established in the EDC (Every Day Carry) community, and has a large number of loyal customers. We sell direct online at our web-store and through many retailers nationwide.
We have a dedicated fulfillment warehouse on the west coast that provides quick and efficient packaging and shipping to our customers. We use the United States Postal Service (USPS) as our primary delivery source. We cannot control for mail delivery schedules managed by USPS, which could be impacted by weather, transportation, or local facility issues.
Delays in production and distribution from our manufacturing source are the most likely issues that we could encounter, but we have a lot of experience in resolving any problems and bringing our products to life.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (51 days)