What is HELLAS?
Hellas: World of Sun and Stone is an exciting pen and paper roleplaying game(RPG). A fusion of high drama, action-adventure, romance, mythology-infused space opera and science fiction.
Hellas is an epic space opera in the style of ancient Greek culture and legend. Every player character is a Hero in a story that you will help create, with the power to influence the settings and elements of the game. Hellas spans multiple generations, allowing for the continuation of the epic story even after the death of a Hero, in the style of the epic poets of old.
"Imagine the movies Chronicles of Riddick meets 300." That’s HELLAS
The HELLAS: Worlds of Sun and Stone book includes.-
• Extensive history and character background set in the world of Hellas
• A style sheet for life in the galaxy of the Hellenes
• Over 30 pre-constructed vehicles including star ships
• Eight thoroughly explored factions and alien races: Amazorans, Goregons, Hellenes, Myrmidons, Nephelai, Nymphas, Kyklopes, and Zintar
• Awesome Godly Powers and Feats befitting a champion of the galaxy
• Clear and concise rules for the gift of the Gods of legendary power.
Why a Kickstarter?
I've been self-publishing role-playing games since 2002, but one of the hardest parts about doing it all on my own is keeping the older books available. This project is designed to get the core HELLAS rule book back into print.
What I need your help for
HELLAS was my magnum opus with incredible production values, a solid game system, and incredibly evocative artwork. After 4 years the book has fallen out of print but there is still demand. Unfortunately the cost of printing keeps me from doing a second printing and that is where you come in.
I’m asking for your help with a new revised edition of HELLAS with even more streamlined rules and game play.
This is what HELLAS has to offer
• 340 page full color hardback
• 9 different player races
• A lifepath system that helps flesh out and realize a character
• A ton of reasons to yell “THIS IS SPARTA!”
• A system for attaining renown and glory (much like Pendragon)
• A proven system that’s easy to learn and play (Omni System)
• Cool spaceships
• Panthalassa: The Cosmic All-Sea
• Naked people with spears and swords (this is not a euphamism)
• A game world that is familiar enough to be recognizable but alien enough to provide room for adventure
• Lots of Greek words horribly mangled by an ugly American
• 14 Gods
• An excuse to watch all your favorite Hercules and Xena episodes
• A reason to say “It’s all Greek to me” when you can’t find a rule.
• A simple mechanic for players to participate in changing their game environment
• A bestiary full of adversaries to kill in the face
• Lamb Meat
• 12 complete adventures
What If I've Never Heard of HELLAS: World of Sun and Stone?
Above all, my undying appreciation for your help and generosity. Other than that, take a look at the pledge rewards for the different levels of generosity. There is something for everyone.
- (35 days)