BASTION: Afrocentric Sword and Sorcery fantasy
- A hundred-page, full color, hardback source book for the MYTHIC D6 System.
- Rules for the use of the sacred Adinkra Symbols
- Details of the people of Bastion
- Details for new equipment
- New fantastic adversaries
- Two full adventures
Review a sample of the book HERE
BASTION is a fantasy role playing game set in the last city at the edge of oblivion. A post-apocalyptic game where the heroes explore the wasteland to find survivors of the last great global holocaust that has corrupted all life. Bastion is an Afrocentric fantasy horror game where decay and the warping power of animated chaos corrupt everything it touches.
What System does Bastion use?
Bastion is a supplement using the MYTHIC D6 game system. Playing Bastion requires the MYTHIC D6 core book, a handful of dice and an awesome attitude.
The following writers shaped and influenced the concepts in Bastion and without them, perhaps Bastion would be much different.
- Charles R. Saunders: For the Imaro series of book.
- Michael Moorcock: His Eternal Champion and the odd description of the warping influence of chaos.
- Clark Ashton Smith: Zothique and the other weird worlds of sword and sorcery fantasy.
- Glenn Cook: For the Black Company Series
- Stephen King: For the horror novella, The Mist
- Gamma Worlds role playing game: Produced by TSR and Wizards of the Coast. The Gamma World milieu depicts a desolate post-apocalyptic landscape populated by bizarre mutants in a never-ending struggle to survive.
The players of Bastion take on the role of a Fihankra, the greatest warriors that have ever walked the dying land of Ife Oodaye. The adinkra symbols carved into the center of their foreheads blaze with a blue flame and give them the divine power of the god Nyame.
The proud people of Ife Oodaye. The Akan are the leaders of the free people of Bastion, and in them the gods found favor.
Rijal-Alhajar believe that oaths are as solid as their stone bodies. The stone men of Ife Oodaye are the most potent warriors god has ever made.
The solari are not from Ife Oodaye. They hail from another dimension or world altogether. The Solari are made from a spark of the sun and burn just as bright
Once the rulers of the world of Ife Oodaye, the diminutive reptiles now ally themselves with the Akan against Lord Obonsam.
The Akan men have always known that the Umbari exist, but their encounters with them have been fleeting. The Umbari are things of shadow push from their shadowy homes in the eternal twilight of the south. They now ally themselves against the menace of Lord Obonsam.
- More Art and 16 more pages of content.
- More content on the city of Bastion, plus an adventure that takes place under the city.
- More Art and 16 more pages of content.
- Three more adventures in the core book
Hey! Where are all the other stretch goals?
There aren’t any. With this project, I’m interested in making Bastion, not Bastion plus a ton of other things I have only a passing interest in producing. Bastion is what I’m excited about, and this is what I want to create. Anything over the intended amount is great and will go into making this book better, and giving me just that much more resources for the next product.
Starting with GODSEND Agenda, HELLAS, ATLANTIS: The Second Age,and MYTHIC D6, I've created many successful Kickstarter gaming projects enjoyed by many. Now I am focusing on Bastion.
With the help of other talented men and women I've created products for PDF and physical print and maintained a level of consistency and quality that rivals much larger publishers.
We're pleased to partner with Magpie Games for our Kickstarter fulfillment. In addition to their projects, such as Masks, Bluebeard's Bride, and Cartel, Magpie has worked with several other projects to help bring their games to people all over the world. Because of Magpie's experience and expertise in shipping and fulfillment, we're excited to offer more affordable rates for our international backers and expect to make the fulfillment process smoother for all of our backers.
We will be charging shipping as we fulfill each item. YOUR PLEDGE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COST OF SHIPPING. We use a pledge manager to collect information and handle add-ons and pre-orders, but we will deliver each physical item by sending you a coupon for our webstore; you pay for shipping when you order the book. Each coupon will be valid for one year.
Estimated Shipping Costs
- Domestic Shipping: For USPS shipping, we expect to charge $5-10 per package. We’ll have upgrade options to USPS Priority, UPS, etc.
- EU/AU/CA Shipping: We work with fulfillment partners in the EU, AU, and CA. The cost to ship a package through these partners is $10-15. We will offer upgrade options that include tracking, priority, and more.
- Everywhere Else: We expect shipping everywhere else to be roughly $15-20 per package. We will offer upgrade options that include tracking, priority shipping, etc., but upgraded shipping will probably start at $50+.
Yeah, this has nothing to do with the kisckstarter, but I want to dedicate this book and the content to two bad @$$ women and the music they make. If you want to know what music pumped through my veins when I created this book, look no further.
Lets make this KS look like a Myspace page...
You're Welcome :)
Risks and challenges
Khepera Publishing is an experienced RPG publisher. I’ve produced several role-playing games in a variety of formats since 2002. This puts me in an excellent position to take on the risks and challenges that will arise; and as with any project, experience tells me a few problems likely will.
Problems that could arise,
• Artists who turn out to be slow
• Creators who suffer illness with no form of support to keep the project going.
• Writer deciding to re-write everything.
• Lack of effective communication
If these things happen, I will be a responsible human being and address the issue and move past the problem. This kickstarter isn’t just a small-time pie in the sky hobby project; this is a business. You’ve given me money with the expectation that you will get what was promised.
• The artist that’s too slow? Build in more lead time or get a different artist to finish the project.
• The creator takes ill. That would be me. If that occurs, there are capable people that I know who will step in and complete the project. But since the majority (90%) of the writing is done, this is not an issue. If I die, I can see this being a problem. I’m going to address by keeping my fingers crossed.
• The writer decided to rewrite everything? I’m done writing the book, and two things prevent me from rewriting it. 1- I’m lazy, 2- my massive ego says its perfect as is. Your mileage may vary.
• Lack of Communication. I always own up to my failings, and this Kickstarter is no exception. Good human beings do not cheat others that have so generously given them money. I honor the trust that you’ve placed in me. I’m visible, and I own my foibles.
If there is ever a problem with the project that makes things look dire, I will tell you promptly, and we can move forward with the best possible intentions.
If there are any risks or challenges YOU can think of that we haven't mentioned here, please write in and tell me. I’ll try and provide the best possible service for your help.
Thank you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)