Have you ever wanted to pan for gold or mine for diamonds? Team up with your friends to defeat monsters and find precious gems! Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on July 27, 2012.
About this project
What is Treasure Hunter MMO?
Treasure Hunter MMO is a web-based flash multiplayer game based on Treasure Hunting. It takes some traditional treasure hunting techniques such as gold panning and mining and adds in some more adventurous treasure hunting mini-games. Instead of getting into too many details, the game is currently online and playable. Check it out with the link below!
If it's already online, why is it on Kickstarter?
Treasure Hunter MMO is a huge project, and doing it on a part-time basis let us get this far, but now that it's almost ready for prime-time, there are a few things on the todo list:
- Add gang hideouts: group-designed hangouts as a place to organize treasure hunting parties.
- Add bandit raids: along with gang hideouts to help organize players, bandit raids will be introduced to keep players on their toes.
- Add a Trading Post: as players begin to amass treasure, they will need a place to exchange items
- Begin work on a new zone: start a completely new zone with more mini-games, quests, gems, and jewelery
- Server upgrades: the servers require some additional umph for the incoming players once the distribution channels are turned on
What happens if the game gets over-funded?
If we get more than needed to complete the above tasks, then we'll be able to move forward on additional zones and mini-games more quickly. As the game appears now it is about 40% complete, and after the Kickstarter changes it will be about 60% complete. At that point it will be ready for a full-scale push as there will be more than enough for a releasable game. Even so, there are still plans to add 2 more zones, 15+ more mini-games, hundreds of quests and more jewelry to create.
Thanks for reading!
I appreciate you taking the time to read through the details and hopefully you find the game exciting and worth a donation. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)