They're monsters, they're ninjas, and they're humanity's only hope. But can they stop bickering long enough to save the world? Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on June 18, 2012.
About this project
Here are a couple of really quick announcements:
- Check out the new rewards: #11, #16, #20
- MONSTER NINJAS is getting its own webcomic and blog, beginning June 18!
In a Nutshell
You “preorder” cool, exclusive stuff to support the Monster Ninjas graphic novel.
A Bit More Info
Hi, I’m Ryan. I read my first comic book 30-some years ago, and I’ve had an itch to scratch ever since. So, this is me, scratching that itch. I’m a writer from a small Minnesota town you’ve probably never heard of, and you’ll be my new best friend if you help me publish this amazing comic that was, well, 30-some years in the making.
With your support, Monster Ninjas is ready to become the first of many 48-page hardcover graphic novels. It’s Bone meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as four ninjas (who also happen to be monsters) fight amongst each other and against the forces of evil, with hilarious and sometimes surprising results.
The story is written. The pages are inked and colored. (A shout out to illustrator Shane Nitzsche and colorist Erik Korsgaard!) The book is ready to go. (See the sample pages below.) We even have distribution!!! Now, if we could just cover the costs of printing. Hmm . . .
You Can Help!
The way Kickstarter works is brilliantly simple. You pledge an amount toward my fundraising goal by clicking the “Back this Project” button in the upper right corner of this page. After that, one of two things will happen:
- A.) I achieve my fundraising goal by June 18. You get charged—and you get my eternal gratitude and some cool incentive(s) as described at right. Plus, you can tell everyone that we’re best friends.
- B.) I do not achieve my fundraising goal, and nothing happens. You are not charged. You don’t get any cool incentives. But, hey, I’ll still give you my gratitude, and we can still be best friends, if you want.
Let’s not worry too much about option B, though. I am confident we can do this! So please take a look at the incentives, find a deal that sounds good to you, and pledge.
What’s the Money For?
• $5,100 to print 3,000 books in the USA
• $750 to pay the costs of incentives (i.e. lots of shipping)
• $650 to pay the Kickstarter/Amazon fees (they get about 10%)
What if I Raise Even More?
No worries! I’ll put all of that money to good use: Most of the overage money will go toward marketing Monster Ninjas—anything from magazine ads to a full-blown book tour. The rest will go toward artwork for a follow-up Monster Ninjas story, which is already in the works.
The fact that you’re here means you at least stopped to take a look, and I sincerely thank you for it. If you choose to pledge, well, I thank you even more!
Click here for a press release.
For more information, for interview opportunities or just to say hello, please feel free to contact me:
Monster Ninjas is registered trademark of Ryan Jacobson.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)