The Dump Pho King Truck - A Raleigh, North Carolina based truck that specializes in authentic Asian food, with a healthy serving of humor
It's the last week of our Kickstarter and we still need to raise $7000! We thought we would do another little video... a more personal one, to keep the spirit up! Enjoy :)
(yes.. there is a tiny mistake in the video about the date... oops)
We are Re-kicking our Kickstarter! We’ve been getting a lot of requests for more t-shirts and hoodies. So, with 10 days left, we are adding some additional swag related tiers. Plus, the swag is worth more than you think. Wear any item to the truck and you'll get a special prize every time, and be eligible for special Dump Pho King contests!
NEW REWARD PACKAGES
$28 - Swag Package - T-Shirt and Button
$48 - Deluxe Swag Package - Hoodie and Button
Here's a preview!
Who we are:
So here we are, two girls with one big Dump Pho King idea. We are Sunny and Sophia and we have a dream of bringing global tastes to the cities we love with…..drum roll please…… a food truck!
Although our specialties will be Dumplings and Pho (get it?!) our main goal is to source locally, give back to our community and have a sense of humor while doing it.
So yea, the name is funny (and hopefully will teach a few people the correct pronunciation of “Pho”) but our passion isn’t a joke. There is so much in this life that can be mediocre - when possible, we strongly believe that food should not be! After all, we eat our way through first dates, through travel to new places, through religious experiences, and even through boredom. Food is our way to connect to our surroundings and connect with people.
And now, food is our vehicle (pun intended, ha!) to connect with you. Join us in our journey as we adventure our way to realizing our dream and finding a way into the hearts and stomachs of the finest area around – Raleigh-Durham!
- Vietnamese Carpaccio: (Bò Tái Chanh) - Moo!
- Korean BBQ Tacos: AKA "thebomb.com"
- Spicy Garlic Eggplant: Veggie/Vegan friendly
- Spring Onion Pancakes: Taiwanese street food at its best.
- Pork and Chive Dumplings:Traditional as heck (if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.)
- Shiitake Mushroom and Ginger Dumplings: No oink. Also Veggie/Vegan Friendly
- Vietnamese Beef Pho: Asian Windex - Cures everything.
- Vietnamese Chicken Pho: Lighter than the beef, but still flagrantly fragrant.
- Passionfruit Green Tea
- Guava Grapefruit Fizz
- Traditional Taiwanese Milk Tea (with or without bubbles)
What we need help with:
So, we’ve got the truck. It’s a 1991 retired FedEx fleet truck with a new engine and is clearly a diamond in the rough:
With the money we raise with this Kickstarter we plan to :
- Finish the interior of the truck.
- Add a new generator
- Get all our permits and licenses
- Install our stove, water tanks, refrigeration unit, and other equipment
- Finish the wiring and plumbing
- Install a rear-view camera
- Finishing the exterior of the truck - Painting and putting our flair on it
We’ve got a quote and people to help us finish everything lined up. We just need your help to make it a reality! As with all Kickstarter campaigns, if we don't reach our goal we don't get any of our funds, so tell all the friends/family/foodies that you can. Every dollar counts, and we love you all for it!
Follow our Journey!
- To keep up with us please see all of our social media outlets on our website http://dumpphokingtruck.com/
Special Thank Yous:
Robbie Opperman, Jason Arthurs, and Joseph Headen (Headgraphix) for the kick-ass video.
Brandon Miller for all our logos and graphics.
Chad McIntyre for a baller truck.
Hide Terada for his special guest appearance.
Charles Weathersby for being the rock that we need and keeping us sane through this entire process.
and family and friends for all your support and love!
Risks and challenges
Risk 1: It's possible that our timeline may be slightly delayed if we run into obstacles with outfitting the truck or with the city permits (Can we get on this please, Raleigh?). We will conquer our challenges one by one! Given that we receive enough funding, we will definitely successfully complete this project and the Dump Pho King Truck will soon be roaming the streets of Raleigh and the RTP area. We promise!
Risk 2 : Two Asian girls driving a large truck. Enough said.
Don’t worry - we’ll put up another Kickstarter to raise money for driving lessons and extra insurance. Just kidding! (But really…)
- (44 days)