We're almost at our goal! Get a SNEAK PEEK at a scene...
DEAR BELOVED BACKERS,
YOU ARE AMAZING! YOU ARE OVER 140 STRONG AND TOGETHER YOU HAVE BROUGHT US EXTREMELY CLOSE TO OUR KICKSTARTER GOAL WITH ONE WEEK STILL TO GO! WE CAN'T BELIEVE IT. WE ARE SO GRATEFUL!
WE'VE GOT SOME EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS AND WE WANTED YOU TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW:
1) Below is a sneak peek of a new scene fresh from the edit room. Your pledges will make more scenes like this possible. They are the building blocks of the film and you are enabling us to create more and more. Thank you.
2) The word is getting out! Yesterday, I was interviewed on the Ask Dr. Annie Abram show. This Thursday we will be featured in indieWIRE's "In the Works" column - a weekly column that spotlights interesting new projects in various stages of production. Last week, UK psychiatrist Stephen Ginn interviewed me for his Art of Psychiatry blog, and we were also featured in Australian James Bishop's Finding Optimism blog.
3) Because we are so close to our Kickstarter campaign goal, we now hope to go beyond! Kickstarter has been a very successful way for us to "kickstart" our $100,000 Finish The Film Campaign, so any funds raised beyond the $ 25,000 allow us to maintain our editing momentum and get to the finish line. As a dear friend said, "The $ 25,000? It's a floor, not a ceiling."
We would also like to reach 200 backers by the morning of June 1st, which is when our campaign ends. Wouldn't that be amazing? 200 supporters in thirty days? I know we can do it with your help. Please encourage your friends, family, and colleagues to check out our KICKSTARTER PAGE and pledge.
TO SHOW OUR GRATITUDE, WE WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THE BELOW SCENE, HOT OUT OF THE EDIT ROOM!
This particular scene comes after old home movie footage of good times with my family when my brother and I were young. The scene brings us back into the present and shows how my mother remains in my life, in both good and difficult ways. Consider it a sneak-peek at the magic that occurs in the edit room every day. It will go out to our entire e-newsletter list later today, but because you are our Kickstarter backers--the wind beneath the film’s wings--we wanted you to see it first.
PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP EDITING SCENES LIKE THIS!
1) CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD: Please send emails to your friends, family, and colleagues with a heartfelt endorsement of the film and the link to our Kickstarter page:
2) PRESS: Please keep your ideas coming for media outreach and ways to spread the word to your community. Also, there’s still time to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them how much you’d like to see HERE ONE DAY become a featured campaign on their homepage.
3) INCREASE YOUR PLEDGE: Please consider making another pledge to our campaign today and select a gift from a higher reward tier. If your company matches gifts, please contact us to process their donation. Every $ 5,000 brings us another vital two weeks in the edit room.
As more and more individuals pledge, reach out, and connect, I am increasingly awed by people's humanity, compassion, understanding, and goodness. We are truly an amazing species.