DiverCity is a cooperative 1 to 7 players game where you must unite against industries to save the coral reef species from extinction!
We will be relaunching DiverCity in the months to come with better reward structures, early bird price for everyone (no more early bird pledges), a better game, more stretch goals, and a better presentation. You can follow along the relaunch in the update section of this campaign, on the DiverCity Facebook group page, on our BGG Page, or on our official Facebook and Twitter pages.
Also included in every copy (Deluxe as well) are all the stretch and social goals we unlock during the campaign.
IMPORTANT: We don't use a pledge manager. Thus, backers cannot increase their pledges or adjust shipping fees at the KS prices after the campaign ends. Future pre-orders can be made on our website.
- DiverCity is a balanced cooperative game where every decision matters, and where information sharing is key.
- More than 16 different levels of difficulty to choose from enables you to play with anyone and adapt the challenge according to your gaming table. Does your group have what it takes to complete the game on “Legendary level 16”?
- The game features a special diving movement system which dictates how the diver miniatures explore the coral reefs and move around the islands (more on that system below).
- DiverCity can be played by 1-7 players, ages 10+, and a game lasts roughly 45 minutes to an hour.
A game of DiverCity revolves around each player having control of a diver, thus, most of your actions and possibilities are oriented toward what your diver does. It is how and in which order you use your actions that will make the cornerstone of your strategy!
Check out our Beta rulebook as well as the gameplay videos in our Reviews & Videos section below for more information!
This is a cooperative game. Save enough species in the coral reef before the corporations ruin the place to win!
The Bad Guys
... and more exciting Stretch Goals to come!
Vidéos en Français
- DiverCity comes along with free promo packs on Kickstarter (extra cost post-Kickstarter). More details on the content of these packs to be revealed during the campaign.
- All of the game's art is complete, apart from some of the incoming kickstarter promos, and has been printed and played with, and shown to people - to great reception!
- Similarly, the game has been play-tested a lot by both us, reviewers, and lots of people at various events, and has been praised for its colorful and appealing visuals, dynamic gameplay focusing on interaction, adaptability, and replayability.
- DiverCity is accessible to everyone due to its 16+ levels of difficulty, which you can adjust depending on who you’re playing with, and the challenge your group requires. Optional harder rules include not being able to speak when diving (including speaking of in-game strategy for the real masochists out there), and a 7th player playing against all the others in a quest for destruction!
- This project is US, Canada, Australia, and EU-friendly, and we shoulder a part of the shipping costs ourselves! (about $10 CAD per location)
If you want to add more than 1 copy to your pledge, select any "1 copy" pledge and manually add $49 CAD ($36 USD) per additional copy that you want. Pay shipping only once!
So, 1 copy = $49; 2 copies = $98; 3 copies = $147 (+ shipping)
For Deluxe version, 1 copy = $69; 2 copies = $138; 3 copies = $207 (+ shipping)
All prices on this page are in $CAD (unless specified otherwise)
Early bird pricing is $64 per copy instead.
For more than 3 copies, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer EU-friendly services to backers from the European Union through GamesQuest, and we are also Canada, Australia, and USA-friendly (no import customs charges)
We will be working again with the same partners we had during our last campaign as we are overall satisfied with the results!
Canada: Starlit Citadel
USA: Funagain Games
Europe: GamesQuest UK
Asia and Australia: Send From China
Here is a breakdown of the shipping fees per region. Already included in this price is the $10 CAD we shoulder per region!
US & Canada - $10 CAD ($7.50 USD)
Western Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong & Puerto Rico - $15 CAD (~10 euros)
Central/Eastern Europe - $30 CAD (~21 Euros) - Sorry we can't charge less than that, we would love to, but shipping to Central/Eastern Europe is quite expensive!
Australia, Mexico & Taiwan - $30 CAD (~$30 AUD)
New Zealand, Indonesia - $35 CAD (~$40 NZD)
Croatia, Iceland, Malta, Norway, Switzerland - $40 CAD (~28 euros)
Rest of the World - $50 CAD (If your country isn’t in the above list, contact us)
Due to shipping difficulties with those countries during our last campaign (and the greatly varying prices), and due also to numerous reports online by other kickstarter creators, we are no longer shipping to the following countries:
Brazil, Russia, South Africa
Retailers are welcome to support this campaign as well, and benefit from the reduced kickstarter price, as well as early availability! If you're a retailer interested in this project, please contact us at email@example.com for more information on price and distribution!
The diver miniatures have a special rotating base which rotates between 2 states: Surface, and Diving.
When at the surface, divers can move around between tiles, as well as reach islands, close hotels on them, and refill their oxygen tanks.
When In Diving, divers explore coral reefs, discover species, and spend oxygen, which has to be refilled eventually before diving again. Optional, harder rules also make it so players can’t communicate when diving, and for those who wish to push it even further, an optional variant proposes that players can’t even talk any strategy of the game while their diver is underwater!
This project wouldn't have been possible without the support and work of many dedicated people.
Maxime Tardif - Designer of DiverCity and President of Sphere Games
Simon Touzel - Co-designer and Vice-President of Sphere Games
Simon Bélanger - Co-designer and COO of Sphere Games
Gong Studios - Graphic designers and artists behind all of DiverCity’s artwork, directed by Angga Sattriohaddi
Émilie Saindon - 3D Artist for all of DiverCity’s miniatures
Pier-Luc Poulin - 3D Rigger and technical artist
Jason Simard - Graphic designer and maker & animator of the DiverCity video
Maxime Germain - Web Designer — spheregames.ca
Stephen Selego - Panda Games Manufacturing Project Manager for DiverCity
Jean-Philippe Doyon - Board Game reviewer and enthusiast from École du Jeu
Special Thanks to Jamey Stegmaier for all his articles about kickstarter fulfillment on his blog, located here. We have no doubt that we would have faced many more challenges, delays, and problems without Jamey’s blog and general contributions to the board gaming community.
Thank you for reading!
Risks and challenges
DiverCity is our second game on Kickstarter, our first being BrilliAnts/Fourmidable, which was a hard first project to tackle on since it had 93 miniatures, 90 of them with special rotating bases, more than 400 tiles, and 138 cards inside the box. It was an ambitious project, and we had great pressure to ensure that the game's quality would be met.
While we can certainly be proud of the final's game quality (Panda did an amazing job), we did suffer some production delays. We wanted the game to be as good as it could be, and that led to some re-designing of the game, namely the ant miniatures, and especially their special rotating bases, which we had to scrap a few times over since they weren't working quite like we wanted them to.
Which is why we are re-using these bases in part for DiverCity -- because they work incredibly well with the theme of diving in this game, and also to alleviate risks since we know they work now, and that they work very well. We are working again with Panda to deliver a quality product, as we did with BrilliAnts!
The hard part of a Kickstarter is often the fulfillment, which is why we're going to work with the same fulfillment centers and freight companies we have worked with in the past. We were first timers last time, which led to some confusion in setting up some accounts and payment, but it won't happen this time around! We are now very familiar with the process of worldwide fulfillment, so we will be well prepared to tackle on that challenge from day one and lead the games to your doorsteps.
As always, we remain open to any suggestions or help on that matter!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (26 days)