Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on October 8, 2013.
About this project
WHO'S WRITING ABOUT "ROCKME" CHAIR
"RockMe" Puzzle Chair is The World Thinnest 3/4" Innovative Design Rocking Foldable Chair Fun for everyone kids and Adults:
What Makes this Chair Unique?
- Puzzle Like Chair Unique Design Fun to assemble for everyone
- Chair transformation right in front your eyes from a flat art on the wall to a rocking chair in few second with no tools or hardware.
- Save for the kids play area to assemble and play in few seconds
- Simple and Elegant design that adds a beauty to any space
- Foldable, Thin (only 3/4" Thick)
- Rocking Chair
- Reversible patented Registered Rockers to allow you to make the Chair still or make it a Rocker.
- No Hardware
- No Screws or Nails Required
- No Tools required to assemble the chair
- Interlocking Patented Registered design and Mechanism to support itself and its occupant with No Hardware
- It takes few second to put together or to restore (with no tools) and Most of all First Foldable Rocking Chair that fold completely flat in only 3/4" of space.
- Light weight The chair weights only about 8.5 LBS (on average because each wood patch weights different) comparing to Normal rocking chair of over 30 LBS.
- The chair support occupant weight of up 200 LBS easily
- Great for Patio, RV, Boats, Fishing, Camping, beach, Churches, small condos, Student dorm, Garage, Back yard or simply for your those extra guests you may have.
- Made out of 3/4" hard wood Multi layers plywood natural wood color.
- 100% Flat! only a 3/4" completely flat when folded making it the world hinnest Foldable reversible Rocking Chair ever made.
The Idea and the Design:
- Folding furniture to reduce in volume, get out of the way and save some space.
- The Chair "folds" into a two-dimensional wall-hanging
- The plywood chair can be stored completely flat, and generates virtually no waste wood during production.
- Interlocking patented Registered design that uses no hardware or screws.
- I wanted to keep it very simple, with No mechanical parts, No Hardware and No screws , The design based on interlocking mechanism that allow each part of the chair to interlock and support itself on its own with no Hardwar so that when it's flat it looks like a graphic outline more than a chair.
- Space- We eliminated all complexity, resulting in a minimal Thickness that is beautiful because of its elegant Slim Look.
- SHOW IT OFF - Nothing Beats having a slim design in your garage, RV, Boat, Car, Student Dorm,or even going to the beach or Fishing is a cool, remarkable product that will be a showcase and a conversation starter wherever you go.
- Assembly - The RockMe Rocking Foldable Chair Does not need tools nor any Hardware to put together, . It can be assembled or taken apart in few seconds.
- LOCAL - Proudly Made In The USA, Every chair, Materials, Hardware, and workers from the USA.
The RockMe Chair comes with 2 Reversable Designed Rockers
allow you to use it as a rocker or flip them and it will become a normal chair with flat support.
That makes the RockMe Foldable flat Chair Great for RV, Boats, Fishing, Camping, Churches, small condos or simply for your those extra guests and It can be easily stored in your garage or under any bed or under sofa or even behind a Fridge.
Facts about the Foldable Rocking Chair::
about the Flat Rocking Chair: you can have an extra seating for over 20 people stored in your garage wall without even noticing them ( It will take Only 3/4 inches of space on the wall).
Fact #2 :
One cubic yard of space will fit over 60 Rocking chairs.
Fact #3 :
You can fit about 40 Rocking Chairs in a regular Sedan Trunk.
Get your Name, Family name, organization name engraved on every chair
The Trials and Errors and overcoming obstacles:
Here is your Rewards for supporting our project:
$25 you will get the Mini Chair Desk top Business card holder ( add $10 to customized with your name engraved on it)
$65 be one of the first to get The RockMe Chair saving $75 for supporting the Project
For $195 you will get the 2 Chairs and matching Table set ( $210 Saving on kickstarter) add $10 Each Chair to customize your chair with you name or company name.
For $295 you will get 4 chairs and a matching table set, That's a Saving of $360 on kickstarter.
Production Plans and TimeLine:
2012-May 2013 : design and prototyping
June 2013 : Start making the prototype
Sep 2013 :Start Kickstarter campaign
Oct 2013 : Order all materials and design final packaging
Nov.2013 : organize the packaging.
December 2013 to March 2014 : Start Mailing the final product
Why we Need your Help and How The Money Will Be Spent.
- Money will be spent using or Buying Our own CNC machines to cut your RockMe Chair and keep the cost Low and make it affordable to buy, buying the raw materials, or any Hardware may be needed, making packaging and delivering your RockMe Chair to you.
- without your support and without a group buy the normal chair price will be about $150 and thanks to you Kickstarter backers who is making a group buy help getting the chair price about less than half price.
- also we spend over a year of hard work of fine-tuning and designing the RockMe Chair, as you can see the design is complete and the prototype made and all obstacles are gone and we are ready to make it affordable to everyone to own one of these unique chairs. the pictures are of the real product and taken with a normal phone cam, no fancy editing and or fancy shots.
Risks and challenges
The Chair you see is an actual tested chair is not a 3d file or animation , we over come all the obstacles and the design problems.
So far I design and make the Chairs myself. There is no third party manufacturer that I need to rely on for the Chairs to be made, and as this is my full-time job; I'm going to devote all of my time to deliver the Chairs in timely manner.
As we always working on improving the look of the chair , I'm leaving a little room for last changes depending on the feedback. However, it will not affect the visual aspect or the main design of the chair, just make them more fun to use.
once we get funded for our project, we can buy the materials in bulks ( the normal chair price cost is about $150 materials and CNC time) Thanks for your support we can make the chair cheaper and affordable to anyone to enjoy since we buy the materials wholesale and buy better machines so we can deliver the chair faster than expected. and over all thanks for allowing us to say proudly "Made in The USA".
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (35 days)