About this project
The ryo adapter is an easy, cheap way to eliminate frustration and protect your technology investments. It's small, compact and adds virtually no bulk to your cables or devices. Simply attach it once and your cables can be plugged in.. BOTH ways.
To use the adapter, you won't have to buy expensive new cables that may or may not be as good as the ones that came with your device. The ryo adapter will work with all your existing cables, doesn't matter if you have an Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows phone, gaming mouse or a portable hard drive - the ryo adapter will protect them all.
Ryo adapters come in black and white to match your existing cables. Each pack of adapters contains two black adapters and one white adapter.
We have been working super hard for the last 5 months, 4 prototypes and countless coffees later we have come to Kickstarter for help to bring our little life hack to market.
These are the rewards you can get by backing us. We can't thank you enough for supporting us.
We're still working on finalizing our major stretch goal and we will be releasing that next Monday, but we thought it would be cool to offer a neat little something to our backers in the meantime.
Using the same technology from the adapters, we have made some designer character flash drives that our Kickstarter backers can get as a reward.
This is Kushi, ryo's mascot and a companion for backers of the project. Kushi is a flash drive that plugs in both ways and is cute all over. He even has different reactions on either side of his little robot face.
Every step along the development process, the ryo adapter was designed with the end user in mind.
- The ryo adapter sits flush with your existing cables, minimizing it's profile. Simple and elegant.
- You can also keep your cables neat and tidy with the ryo adapter's built-in cable keeper.
- No matter how you pull your cable out, the ryo adapter will always stay attached to your cable and not stuck to your laptop or wall charger.
Help us by sharing the our project with your friends!
Your friends get annoyed at their cables too? Your friends would absolutely adore kushi?? Share our project with them, it would really help us out!
Julian is a product developer and entrepreneur in beautiful New Zealand, home to Middle Earth, while Kevin lives in the Poconos when he is not working his YouTube magic in New York. They share a love for retro video games, photography, and bizarre scientific discoveries (think Mind Blow).
The two came together and bonded over their contempt for the standard USB plug among other prominent and important first world problems, and have been passionately developing this campaign since.
Lori and Terry drive the backend functions of this project. Lori helps get our contracts drafted and looks after our patents and intellectual property whilst Terry does what accountants do; keeping the project on track with budgets and schedules.
Pop by to say hi and let us know how you're doing. If you have questions at any time, during or after the campaign, you can always reach us here too. Don't be shy!
We will be shipping out rewards to our backers in September 2015. Julian's extensive experience in global manufacturing and logistics will ensure that none of our supporters are left wondering what has happened to their order.
- April - Campaign ends.The funds raised will be used to work with our manufacturing partners to create our custom molds. Packaging designs will be drafted and revised, we will be posting the designs in our updates to get backer input
- May - Buffer month. Packaging designs will be finalized. Testing then calibration and (CNC) adjustments made to molds; the fine tuning is why molds can take up to 60 days to be fully production ready
- June - Our first production run of adapters and the internal memory units for Kushi will commence as soon as molds are finalized
- July - Products will be sampled and tested as they are being manufactured and final QC will be done to the fully completed order
- August - Sorting and packaging
- September - Shipping time! You - our backers will be the first in the world to receive their ryo adapters!
We don't make promises we can't keep. We have given ourselves plenty of time to deal with any unexpected hiccups along the way and will comfortably be ready for shipping comes September. We might deliver early if things go to plan, but we certainly won't deliver late.
For high resolution photos download our media pack via our dropbox link: Media Pack
Risks and challenges
We would like to think that all our bases are covered, but here are what we see as the challenges:
MANUFACTURING: The molds would need adjusting and tweaking through the initial stages of production. To minimize the possibility of any mishaps and delays, we have partnered with a world leading manufacturer who is highly experienced at creating specialist molds. We have also included 1 whole month extra in our delivery timeline as a buffer for calibrating the new molds.
FULFILMENT: Shipping a large amount of orders in a short period of time can often lead to unexpected issues and delays. Luckily, Julian has had plenty of experience dealing with all kinds of shipping problems. He has shipped out tens of thousands of orders in the short span of a few weeks and knows exactly how to deliver a large amount of orders to customers with very few setbacks.
Any support you give us brings us closer to our goal. We don't plan to repay your kindness by producing a sub-par product or delivering months later than promised.
We are so happy and grateful to take you guys along this exciting journey with us. You guys are the real MVPs :)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)