Have you always wanted a card catalog and book drop of your very own? Do you lack the room, the funds, or the opportunity to have full-sized, decommissioned and decontaminated library furniture in your living room? How about smaller versions for your desk, your dollhouse, or your very own little library?
- 6 drawers. They each slide in and out. It’s super cool.
- Measures approx. 1 7/8" x 3 1/8" x 2 3/8"
- ~140 pieces
- Measures approx. 1 7/8" x 2 3/16" x 2 3/8"
- Contains about 56 pieces, including a few book-like bricks and 3 or so other items you might find in a book drop, things like food, personal care items, clothing, what have you. (We don’t want to ruin the surprise by being too specific, and not every kit will have the same items.)
- Custom Book Drop decal.
Our bookish enamel pins will be available as add-ons.
- If you pledge for a Card Catalog Kit, Card Catalog pins will be just $6, and a complete set of pins will be $35.
- If you pledge for a Book Drop kit, Book Drop pins will be just $6, and a complete set of pins will be $35
- If you pledge for a combined kit, both pins will be available for $6 each, and a complete set will be $30.
- Otherwise individual pins are $10 each.
No need to pledge additional funds during the Kickstarter for add-ons -- you'll be able to choose and pay for them when you fill out a survey after the campaign to give us your shipping information. Pin quantities will be limited. Additional shipping charges may apply to non U.S. orders.
It is extremely unlikely that you'll be able to order additional LEGO® kits as add-ons. If you want two, please have a friend pledge on your behalf.
Shipping / Packaging
These kits will ship via USPS First Class or USPS Priority Mail.
1-2 Kits will be packaged in a single, strong cardboard clamshell box inside a padded envelope. There will be a label or two on the box, and pieces for each kit will be inside a plastic bag. If you order small add-ons, like enamel pins, those will also ship inside the box.
Don’t see your country listed as a shipping destination? Email us. We’ll figure out shipping costs to you and add it to the reward level you want.
These kits are unassembled. They are intended for adult collectors, not kids.
Bricks may have color variation.
Kits are made with genuine LEGO® bricks and elements that have been repackaged. We are not affiliated with LEGO® in any way, and this is not a LEGO® Product. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO® Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product.
Warning: Choking hazard. Small parts. Keep them out of your mouth and the mouths of others. Stay safe. (They don’t taste good, anyway. They’re not gummy bricks.)
Who Are We?
Hi! We're Gene Ambaum and Chris Hallbeck. We’ve been creating Library Comic together for about a year and a half. Chris is a LEGO® master and Gene is good at shipping things. You can find our comics on social media and at librarycomic.com
x - mid to late June 2018: start ordering parts and supplies
~ late June / early July : send Backerkit survey to backers
- July-ish: head overseas, try not to get food poisoning
- by July 31st: verify parts have been received
- August 2018: assemble kits
- late August 2018 begin shipping
Risks and challenges
Gene has run several Kickstarter campaigns for both Unshelved and Library Comic, and he’s good at managing complex, time-sensitive projects. Plus his daughter is going to help him double-check the contents of the kits. We don't foresee any huge problems.
We may face unexpected delays in getting LEGO® bricks in the colors we need. We have already ordered enough bricks for several kits to test shipping times and verify suppliers' stock levels. We will mitigate this risk by ordering parts and supplies as soon as its clear they’re needed.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)