The Placebo Chocolate Project Story: About 18 months ago, I began traveling the world in search of a cure to a deep sadness I felt. When I had all but given up, I met a little old woman in Scotland who gave me a "prescription" for love (really it was just words scribbled on a piece of paper). It said: “Take this love I give you, use it as often as you need, and share it when you are ready.”
The next day I didn't feel happy - but I felt love. And it gave me the strength I needed to keep searching. Almost a year later - after meditating in Spain, helping to build an orphanage in Guatemala, building a sustainable farm in Argentina, and writing alongside painters in Chile – I noticed I was so full of love, peace, and happiness that I couldn’t keep it all to myself. I needed to share the ingredients.
That day, I left my apartment in Peru (I'd fallen in love with a woman who's kept me here as we await a fiancé Visa to the US), walked down the street, and saw chocolate everywhere - in shops, in restaurants, and on street corners. And I realized it would be so easy to use chocolate to “feed” people with love, joy, peace, and other qualities we so often need.
A global collaboration has emerged in the months since. I talked with many people who also wanted to share love, joy, and peace, and they were excited to help me develop an inspiring organization:
- PART 1: We Created An Inspiring Product: Our first product is a huge, one-pound, organic, fair-trade chocolate bar with inspiring words engraved on it (e.g. love, joy, wisdom, peace, etc).
- PART 2: We Created A Giving Organization: Each time someone buys or shares our chocolate bars, we share another one with a child who can be inspired by it somewhere in the world.
- PART 3: We're Building A Loving Community We are now supported by over 100 new members and funders. Our goal (with your help) is have 150 active members before the end of our campaign!
Once we imagined the Placebo Chocolate Project, we've put in an enormous amount of work into creating an inspiring organization:
- Award-winning developers and designers have created our wonderful website - www.placeboeffect.com.
- We've pre-sold hundreds of chocolate bars, and we worked with customer feedback to create the most inspiring possible project.
- We've connected a large community on Facebook and Twitter (If you haven't already, follow us on Twitter here and on Facebook here)
- We're working with the highest quality custom chocolate mold manufacturers in the world!.
- We are strong in our commitment is to using chocolate as a vehicle to share love, joy, and inspiration with everyone who needs it.
- We've created beautifully designed chocolate bars - including love, joy, hope, faith, courage, adventure, wisdom, hugs. Some examples are below!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The most important missing ingredient until now - and it's a big one - is YOU. We need your support to make the Placebo Chocolate Project a sustainable organization that can feed people with love, joy, and inspiration all over the world. Your contributions - which will be rewarded with lots of inspirational chocolate (check out the reward categories on the right) - will help us to do the following:
- Bulk order the purest organic, fair-trade ingredients ($2,000)
- Continue building social and web outreach functionality ($5,000)
- Manufacturer our custom chocolate molds ($2,000)
- Create, fulfill, and ship our chocolate all over the world ($3,000)
Thanks so much for sharing our project with friends, for contributing what you can, and for sharing love, joy, and inspiration wherever you go. We're so excited to hear from you, dialogue with you, and work with you to create an inspiring direction together! - Danny & the Placebo Chocolate Project Team
- (40 days)