KITCHEN TABLE MAGAZINE is a new print and digital publication that connects adventurous souls, curious cooks, and enthusiastic eaters with talented writers, artists, cartoonists, and photographers who explore not only the how-to's of cooking, but the whys of eating. We’re at the trailhead of adventure, and would love to have you along every step of the way.
The print magazine is:
• 80 pp, saddle-stitched
• 6.75” x 9.375”
• Printed on a luxurious matte paper stock
• A true coffee-table keepsake
Our digital edition will be available on your smartphone, tablet, and iPad. (Not compatible, however, with your mom’s Nokia flip-phone.) Our plan is to publish three issues in 2019, then move to a quarterly schedule thereafter.
Hi, I’m Brett Warnock, the founder and—with longtime friend and partner Chris Staros—former co-publisher of Top Shelf Productions, where together we released numerous award-winning graphic novels, including:
• National hero and Congressman John Lewis’ MARCH
• Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell’s FROM HELL
• Craig Thompson’s timeless memoir, BLANKETS
After a four year absence, KITCHEN TABLE MAGAZINE marks my return to publishing, and combines my experience in visual arts and storytelling, with my passion for food, cooking, and a deep love of place. With the invaluable assistance of Josué Menjivar, Dave Adamshick, Erin Hampton, and Mario Lopriori, we’ve got the first issue in the can, and ready for the printer.
Smartly written and gorgeously designed, KITCHEN TABLE MAGAZINE is a feast for the eyes, with lush illustration, comics, and photography. Every issue tells personal stories about food, and explores:
• How we shop for groceries
• Our favorite restaurants
• The small farmers who grow our food, and why these things matter
What do you mean by place, Brett? In our increasingly fast-paced world, place makes a case for being present. Whether in the urban environment, seated in a cozy home kitchen, or exploring the natural world, a relationship with place:
• Strengthens our ability to reflect and contemplate
• Recharges our sense of wonder
• Encourages empathy, community, and a sense of belonging
For backers choosing: $125 Pledge: Set of 5 Photo Prints by Brett Warnock, please choose from 30 nature photo art prints at www.kitchentablemagazine.com/publisher-prints/.
I’m super excited to use my Jedi Force Powers for good, calling on my skills as a publisher, editor, and art director to create a magazine that inspires, entertains, enlightens, and empowers readers. The first issue features:
• A stunning cover by Kate Blairstone
• Killer art and comics by Jim Mahfood, James Kochalka, Dan Zettwoch, Erin Nations, and Alli Arnold
• Stories and recipes by Heather Arndt-Anderson, Kathleen Bauer, Shawna McKeown
• A feature interview with James Beard-Award winning chef, Cory Schreiber of Wildwood, a foundational farm-to-table restaurant that brought attention to local, seasonal food in the Pacific Northwest.
But we need your help. Your backing will directly support the community of kick-ass creators we’ve commissioned for the first issue, and help cover the costs for printing, shipping, and distribution. Packing & shipping is expensive and time-consuming, so we won’t make promises we can’t keep, and plan to have the print mag and fine-art prints drop on your doorstep in February. Digital editions we’ll be able to have in your hands in January.
WE HAVE LOTS OF GROOVY REWARDS, but most importantly, we’d love for you to SUBSCRIBE. Your 4-issue subscription is the most effective way to back our campaign. Thank you everyone for your support!
Risks and challenges
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? But ultimately, we need you, the reader to support KITCHEN TABLE MAGAZINE. This is truly a dream project; a way for me to do what I'm good at doing, support the work of artists and creatives around the world, and help grow a like-minded community of contributors and readers all working towards building a better world, nourished by an appreciation for food + place.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)