This handy electrical clip allows you to quickly connect headerless PCBs together. In seconds you can make electrical contact between PCBs such as the Raspberry Pi zero, the Audio Injector sound cards and almost any other PCB/addon/hat without headers. It is your answer to solderless rapid prototyping.
Now including a 40 pin ribbon cable
That is right ! We are including a 40 pin ribbon cable (see Stretch Goals below) with each clip. These are really handy for quick connecting to other headers.
Purchase as a gift for a friend or loved one
Got any DIY tinkerers you really care about ? Whilst delivery is only in January, we will get you a nice printable gift card telling your friend or loved one that they have an awesome PCB quick connect clip arriving soon after the festive season !
Get it delivered directly to a friend or loved one. Get it delivered directly to a friend or loved one.
Gift this to your friend or loved one. Here is a gift card you can use. Gift this to your friend or loved one. Here is a gift card you can use.
What about other uses ?
The PCB quick connect clip even allows you to work on headers which are smaller than 40 pin. This gives you the power to rapid prototype almost any header footprint.
Previous Kickstarter Projects :
The Audio Injector Pi Sound Card : successful and shipped
The Audio Injector Octo Sound Card for the Pi : successful and shipped
The Audio Injector Zero Sound Card for the Pi : successful and shipped
- 40 pin GPIO header compatible electrical contacts
- Industrial strength Pogo pins.
- Strong clamping to ensure good electrical connection
- Little header overhang to ensure maximum PCB space for your development
Stretch goals :
- Included : A 10 cm (4") ribbon cable to attach to the top of the pins will be included with each quick connect clip you receive. See image below.
- Unlocked at $11,000 : Forty 10 cm (4") headed patch cables (40 pin to pin lines with female headers). See image below.
- More to come
Community responses ...
- "That is a brilliant idea! Would love one of these for prototyping with my pi zero's before soldering them into the project" dani7213 (arduino sub-reddit)
- "Cool tool. I like it." maxmbed (arduino sub-reddit)
- "... a quick way to add temporary pins to a zero" extralongusername (Raspberry Pi sub-reddit)
- "An interesting idea. So this clip essentially is a solderless, removable header? I could see where it might be useful ..." Darkblade48KBD75 (mechanicalkeyboards sub-reddit)
- "... the idea is awesome." DrZZed (Raspberry Pi sub-reddit)
- "I would love this." m_bishop (Raspberry Pi sub-reddit)
- "Pretty cool!" mattster98 (amateur radio sub-reddit)
- "Thats Hella cool. I don't do anything where I would need this, but if I did I would have a few!!" Soler25 (gadgets sub-reddit)
Risks and challenges
This is a reasonably low risk project. We have previously had three Kickstarter projects and shipped those products on time. This product is already prototyped and tested.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (38 days)