Your Personalized Yo-Yo
Your Personalized Yo-Yo
I will use your artwork, photo, logo or drawing to make a unique and personalized yoyo…just for you.
I will use your artwork, photo, logo or drawing to make a unique and personalized yoyo…just for you. Read more
Personalized Yo-Yos by "YoYoSpin"
Yoyos are cool, but having a personalized yoyo is very cool indeed. Hi, I’m Ed Davidson, aka YoYoSpin, and I make one of a kind and very limited editions yoyos for collectors and hobbyist. If you'd like to see some of the hundreds of yoyos I've made over the past 20 years, then dial into my Yo-Yo Photo Gallery.
This Kickstarter project is for a new product idea I’ve been developing. And it’s now ready to go to the next level. The concept is that I will use your artwork, photo, logo or drawing to make a totally unique and personalized yoyo…just for you.
After this Kickstarter project is funded, I’ll follow up with each of my backers by email, to make arrangements for you to send your high resolution photo or digital artwork file. You’ll have a few choices to make, like…should I embed your personal art in a wooden fixed axle yoyo or a bearing axle plastic yoyo. And, you can have the same image on both sides of the yoyo, or two different images...one on each side.
$100 level Super-Backers will even be able to choose the exotic wood that their yoyo is made from...a truely unique collectable.
After I receive your file, I’ll size it to fit in the yoyo’s body. The image will be encased behind a 1 1/2" diameter piece of clear domed glass, permanently embedded into each side of your yoyo, as shown in the photos.
Here are some images of several yoyos I've recently made using the glass dome personalization technique:
And, every backer will receive one (two for the two-yoyo backers) of my really cool bumper stickers...they measure 3" x 9".
Please support my Kickstarter project, and get your very own personalized yo-yo as a reward.
1) All wooden fixed axle yoyos at the $35 and $60 backer level will be made from USA grown Maple.
2) Colors for the plastic bearing axle yoyos will be a random two color scheme. Sorry, specific color choices are not available.
3) Plastic yoyos will be the "responsive" type, with a rubber o-ring response system and narrow string gap.
4) Regarding your personal artwork, drawing, logo or photo, please ensure that it is not copyrighted material, or if it is, that you own the copyright.
5) It would be best for your personal image to be in a picture file format like JPG, JPEG or GIF. And, a high resolution image (300 dots per inch “dpi”) will yield a much better finished product.
6) No obscene images or files, please.
7) Do not send your personal images now. I will contact you with complete instructions after the Kickstarter project is funded.
8) If you would like more than two personalized yoyos made, please get in touch with me directly so I can make a price quote for you...thanks!
Risks and challenges
I'm always looking for new ways to offer unusual and unique yoyos to my customers, who are both collectors and hobbyist. This concept certainly fits the bill...never been done before is right up my alley.
The only risk to you, my backers, is if I kick the bucket before this project is completed. So, I'll leave instructions with my wife that your money is to be fully refunded if that should happen...hope we won't have to worry about that too much !Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)