*For our Deaf and Hard of Hearing friends and family, the closed caption version of the video is embedded below...scroll down please.*
Dani and Melinda have been a boundary-pushing, adventurous couple since 2008
and domestically partnered since 2010.
In 2012 they decided to find the "perfect" man to continue life and build a family with.
After 2.5 years of being a "Polyamorous Triad", they now have two babies on the way…and only two weeks apart!
This web series is dedicated to exploring our story. We aim to expose ourselves in an effort to educate, inspire, and pioneer Love in all its various forms. The web series will include issues such as:
- Our double pregnancies and parenting journey
- Our triple wedding that occurred on July 18th, 2014 (Check out our Wedding Teaser Mini-Sode Here)
- Sex, Jealousy, Money, Communication, and beyond...
- The support and judgements of friends, family, and society
- Our daily life as a loving and healthy triad family
- Interviews with other polyamorous and alternative love seekers
We already have a ton of footage and a dedicated team, so we're well on our way to making this project a reality. We just need your help to breath life into it. The funds acquired with this Kickstarter will be used to get this web series off the ground and running. How? Well...
- Financially support our volunteering crew of videographers, editors, and animators
- Upgrade our sound and digital equipment to provide viewers with a clear picture of our story
- Promotional materials in order to reach the mass public
- Get a fine looking website established - filled with resources, blogs, stories, and more (Check out our website now, before it blossoms more! www.LooksLikeLoveToMe.com)
- Pay for the gifts promised to you, our supporters!
We thank you for your support and interest…not only in this project, but in the evolution and liberation of Love for us all!
- "This is revolutionary!"
- "Your guy's love triad is the most awesome alternative love story I've ever heard of. You all have my full moral support."
- "I'm ready for this web series!"
- "That is why I enjoy reading this page so much. It gives me much to ponder and many different views to look at it through! Thank you all for being so open and sharing yourselves. Truly a beautiful and rare gift you are giving us all"
- "I think what you're doing is great - it's really important for people to be aware of different types of relationships so they can be educated and aware of all sorts of options that have been suppressed for years by society and conditioning about traditional marriages. I think it's really courageous what the 3 of you are doing and I'm really excited to learn more about how you all relate."
- "The love that you all so obviously feel for each other is incredible, it lights up your eyes."
- "You three truly inspire me to love, love and love!!"
*Below is the closed caption version of the Kickstarter video*
And as far as challenges go….
Risks and challenges
As with every project, challenges are a possibility. But fear not, we are resilient and resourceful…and full of communication to keep you "in the know" of the progress!
Upon successfully completing this kickstarter project, there are a few possible challenges we can imagine as well as solutions to resolve them.
DELAYED WEB SERIES LAUNCH
Our goal is to have the full first season ready to broadcast by January, 2015. This includes 7 episodes that are fully edited and animated. Here are some potentials of why this could be delayed: Animation is more rigorous than we foresee, our film editors are overworked and underpaid, having two new born babies may detract what time we think we have to work on the series.
Though our goal is to have all of the episodes ready by January, we can resolve this challenge by releasing one episode a month or bi-weekly. This way we can finish up the next episode during the release of the previous.
As you can see on the right side of this project page, those backers that have generously given $33 or more will get a link to the first episode by January. This should be absolutely do-able. Those that give $200 or more will receive a signed DVD of the full first season. Our goal is to send this out to you by February, 2015. However, if it is not ready in full - we will send it to you as SOON as it is complete! Staying in communication the whole time of course.
NOT ENOUGH FUNDING TO SUPPORT OUR HARD WORKING TEAM
Oh money, you are a funny thing. We certainly have high hopes of receiving more than our goal of $5,000 for this project! With that, in all honesty, the amount of our individual creators' time needed (editing, animation, filming, admin) is challenging to predict. And each one of these creators has a life and responsibilities outside of the web series - shocking I know!
We anticipate this Kickstarter being a financial jumping off point, in the least. But $5,000 (minus the launching fees, new filming product costs, etc) may not be enough to sustain the full attention of our dedicated crew. This may lead to the delay mentioned above.
Our solution to this is to continue to seek funding following Kickstarter. We will be reaching out to other networks, news sources, and talk shows to raise more attention and funding for this project. We are confident that this story is enticing enough to the public at large that we will be successful in additional funding following the outstanding success destined from Kickstarter. In this we aim to properly support our hard working team that is passionate about this project and sharing its message "on time" for the launch goal. This will allow them to cut back on the hours cleaning houses, walking dogs, and serving drinks in order to "get by".
LOST OR STOLEN FOOTAGE
Oh my would that be unfortunate, and not going to happen! To face this "challenge" we have the many, many, many gigabytes of footage backed up on several hard drives. We also have a running catalog of the footage and what is contained in it.
One of the first expenses we will tackle with the successful completion of Kickstarter is to purchase "Cloud Space". This way our footage will not only be backed up in "the internets" but will also be accessible to all of our crew at any time. (Presently, we have to meet up a couple times a month, traveling to different cities on public transportation and carpooling, to exchange footage between the Love Tribe and Editors.) Not for long!
COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION WITH THE "EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS"
As can be seen in the gifting section to the right...For those that have decided to beef up their resume and contribute $500 or more, we have offered you a role as an "Executive Producer". In addition to your name in the credits as such, we are offering email communication and collaboration about the series. As you can imagine, it is a possibility that the ideas of an Executive Producer, though valued, may not be fully resonate with our project's goals. This could lead to a "challenge".
We want to be clear that we are very open and excited to hear your perspectives and ideas. However, we reserve the right to be selective about the ideas presented by our honored Executive Producers. I'm sure you understand!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)