A Peplum Epic™: 20s A Difficult Age™ - The Video Game is a video game in development based on the musical album of the same name by yours truly, Marcus Orelias. I released the album August 26, 2017. 20s A Difficult Age was a heavily conceptual album based in Ancient Rome that was crafted for five years with a great group of creatives!
Set in Ancient Latium during the First Frontier Wars, a spiritually gifted young woman named Harnuphis and the Emperor of Latium, Marcus Antoninus must stop the protagonist turned antagonist Avidius Cassius, a dictator who is slowly rising to power. Read more here.
- Quality is most important, we would like this game to break new ground. My team and I would like this vision to come in fruition, so I will use the funds to bring and maintain the quality of the game and bring you an experience much like the album that you can cherish for years.
- We will also have to possibly outsource to programmers, composers, illustrators, sound designers, animators and to have the game debugged. Geez! making a video game can be expensive!
- Any remaining money after the game's release will also go to Puerto Rico and those in need upon release time.
Game Type: RPG
Genre: Action / Adventure / Role Play
Number of players: 1-2
Platforms: PS4, PC and iOS X (Mac)
20s A Difficult Age - The Video Game is a passion project for us. As my team of creatives and I continue to build this ancient world, within the beautifully colored game you will be able to explore the vast forest and ancient cities of a more simple time.
20s the game will not be a 8 bit or 16 bit game but a new take on an old style, 32 bit. 32 bit mixed with a style I kind of thought of. Eureka! This is an open world game but with a small twist. Players will be rewarded for their gameplay grind, searching within the world.
The game titles Dragonball Z - The Legacy of Goku 2, Cuphead and Hyper Light Drifter are the main inspirations for the game and sparked our creativity. These titles do not necessarily affect the gameplay itself.
More characters will be playable.
- Primary weapon - Each primary weapon varies from character to character but each character begins with their trademark sword and weapons.
- Secondary items - Secondary weapon includes bow and arrows, daggers, spears and more
- Defense System - Each character has their own unique way to block from using a sword to defenses based on the characters unique ability.
"The Light" theme was composed by Chicago based producer Sulyiman the swelling strings were accompanied by the "Epilogue" outro composition. The game will follow the same sonic tone while expanding.
THE CREATIVE TEAM
We are looking to bring on animators and programmers. If interested please leave a comment here or add yourself to my phone book, text +1 (415) 335-4152 to inquire.
Just a creative mind doing everything I can in one lifetime. Overall quality content guy.
Nick Williams - Lead Animator (Fiverr)
My name is Nick. I have a passion for video games and pixel art. I am constantly expanding my styles and works.
Sulyiman - Original music composer (@Sulyiiii)
Chicago based producer, visionary and recording artist responsible for the original scores on 20s A Difficult Age.
Risks and challenges
Years of planning and writing the biggest hurdle to overcome was finding the right people willing to help me to create the game. The second was giving this exposure to the public eye, no one is ever sure how people will receive something like this; but no risk no reward. Third is funding to get us over "the hump" so to speak and unlock our true ability to create a masterpiece like my last two studio albums and all the events that have followed.
Creative endeavors like this are difficult but I spent 5 years making an album, I know I can do this. I've planned as much as I possibly could up to this point. I call problems "questions" and questions will come. "How do we get here?", "How do we do this?" etc and as they always do in any commitment, I am ready and with the help of my support system I know this is possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)