Quick update: production, final sampling
Just a quick update as things are progressing:
- Many components are in mass-production. This includes all printed components (box, punchboards, gameboard, rulebook, cardboard tray), and the dice.
- Samples of wood components (for updated colors), rockets and crystals were shipped today, for approval. I anticipate these will all be fine and will go into mass-production next week.
- Plastic (fancy) tray had some hiccups with the board not fitting correctly and being a bit too small for the box. The mold is being modified. Thankfully, this tray has the shortest production time of all the components (like 10 days), so shouldn't hold things up. Don't they look fancy?
- This puts our timeline at finishing mass production mid-August, with the games ready to hit the water end of August. That means they should land at the warehouses and leave for backers around early October, in-line with our estimate on the Kickstarter project page.
- Gen Con event spots are still available, but they're filling up (they're about half-gone). If you want to play Lunarchitects months before most, sign up now! Or if you just want to say hi not at the events, drop me a line and we'll schedule something :)
That's all I have for now... stay tuned for more updates!