Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on August 12, 2014.
About this project
ARE You Like Us?
We are SUPER-BUSY grocery shoppers who:
- Want to always pay the lowest price possible on groceries
- Don't have time to clip coupons
- Don't have time to sort through sales flyers
- Care about local hunger but need reminders to buy and donate
- Prefer donating food over money
WHAT will this App Do?
FIND THE LOWEST PRICE ON ALL THE GROCERIES YOU BUY!
GET REMINDERS AND ALERTS (OPTIONAL)
- Select products you always buy and the local stores where you always shop
- Get alerts when those products are on sale at LOCAL supermarkets and pharmacies
- Compare sale prices across LOCAL stores
- See and compare sale prices on products needed by your LOCAL food pantry
Get alerts and reminders about LOCAL food donation
ISN'T there already an app for that?
Well…. No. Current apps all try to address grocery prices on a national level but grocery stores are regional.
So that OUR subscribers can be confident our prices are accurate to their LOCAL store, the MaxMyShopping app will launch first in the Piedmont Triad region of NC and then expand on a region-by-region basis.
- No other app focuses specifically on one region at a time.
- No other app matches local food assistance needs with what is currently on sale.
HOW will it work?
Here's the high level overview. For screen shots of our app simulation, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
WHEN will it be available?
- Web App - The plan calls for having a beta version of the web app ready for early users (that means YOU if you contribute at the $10 level or above) between Oct-Dec 2014
- iOS and Android mobile apps are expected to be delivered in early 2015.
WHICH Grocery Stores will the app cover?
WHAT'S in it for you?
Update 07/16/2014 - It was pointed out to us that many of our incentives were very local to the Triad and that maybe someone non-local would like to contribute at higher levels. So we are going to commit to completing the series of e-Books we've been writing and make them available as incentives here. They are:
- The Anti-Couponer’s Guide to Saving Money on Groceries
- All About Fighting Local Hunger
- When Food is Funny
Please scroll down to the end of this section for a complete list of incentives and the Table of Contents for each of the eBooks. Please also note that there is an option to contribute without receiving a reward if you so choose.
EBooks' Tables of Contents
WHERE will the money go?
WHO Supports Us Locally?
The following individuals and businesses have expressed a desire to see this app launched in the Triad and have offered their help and support.
Here's How it Will Work
Risks and challenges
Our risks may be lower than some projects because our team has such a wealth of experience in project management and software design. We can keep our developers on track and avoid many of the pitfalls the less-seasoned may experience. But a plan is just that, a plan, and sometimes things happen.
People get sick, hardware fails, Godzilla attacks North Carollina... OK, well that last one is hopefully a long shot but regardless, we are dedicated to transparency and full communication. Should we experience any significant delays with development, fulfillment, shipping, etc, we will let all backers know and will always keep communication open.
For those who still have questions, we will complete the FAQ section as soon as we're given access to it on Kickstarter (at project launch). In the meantime, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)