About this Project
“Just Be You!” is our 6th album of fun new songs for kids, and this is our first time using Kickstarter! We are so excited to share our new songs with you! We think you will really enjoy these 10 new songs (plus sing-a-long tracks!) that not only entertain but encourage learning, moving and having fun. Every track is written, recorded and mixed, and we’re closing in on having everything ready for release!
In A World Music began a decade ago writing music for Halloween and Horror. Our Halloween albums have been licensed for film, television, and even for Halloween events like Knott’s Scary Farm. One Halloween, while we were putting on a neighborhood haunt and blasting our creepy music, a friend asked us, kind of jokingly, to create a children’s CD for Halloween because our music was a little too intense and scary for their little ones. We thought that was a great idea, and we released our first children’s CD, “My Halloween,” filled with catchy kid’s songs in 2008. We wanted to make it even more accessible to children, and so the Nirks (named after us, Nicole and Dirk!) were born. Being very low budget, we created puppets out of recycled materials and literally stuff we found in the garage for our first puppet video, “Trick-or-Treat, “ and it got an incredible response from fans on YouTube!
We are so thankful for that support, and it encouraged us to create many more kid’s songs (not just for Halloween) and many other videos starring our Nirks characters. We love making children happy, and keeping families laughing as well as helping them learn and have fun.
The New Album
The new album is entitled Just Be You! This Project is particularly special to us because we wrote songs inspired by our friends and family. Our featured Single, “I’m Me,” is for anyone who ever feels like it’s tough to just be yourself, especially when other people don’t understand, are mean to you, or even think you’re just plain weird! As self-proclaimed oddballs, we relate extremely well to this song! All of our Nirks are unique and quirky (like us) and celebrate being different, special and (especially!) weird. Our other songs are all about fun topics that we love, or something that is special to someone close to us. Here is a list of the new songs and what they are about.
- 1. The Nirks – This is a brand new theme song for our puppet characters, the Nirks!
- 2. I’m Me – A song about just being yourself! This is the most personal track on the album, and it’s based on not only our experiences, but many of our friends as well (we love our weird friends!)
- 3. What Makes A Train Go? - This song is all about steam trains and how they work! It is dedicated to Nicole’s husband Jason – who loves trains, and is the most supportive husband in the universe!
- 4. Meet the Planets – This song was a request from Nicole’s father, who loves astronomy, space, and science, and instilled that love in his children. It’s a fun introduction to each of the plants in our solar system, and some of their unique traits.
- 5. I Wanna Be A Dancer – Nicole’s sister, who is a wonderful ballerina, inspired this song. It’s about the dream of growing up to be a dancer!
- 6. Let’s Make Some Shapes – When Nicole needed a little help with math, her father would stay up and tutor her at night, even after a full day of work. He always tried to make it fun, and this song about Geometry is all about how to make and understand various shapes.
- 7. Halloween – This is a song about Halloween, the Nirk’s FAVORITE holiday! It was written for Dirk’s family and girlfriend, who LOVE Halloween, and really go all out for it every year!
- 8. My Best Friend – Dirk wrote this song for HIS best friend!
- 9. Flying on A Plane – Remember your first plane ride? It was exciting and fun, right? Have you flown recently? Maybe not so much fun now… We LOVE traveling, seeing new places and trying new things, but judging by our last few flights, some people still can’t seem to figure how flying works. Maybe if we teach ‘em young and make it fun, it will go smoother and less stressful for us all!
- 10. Cleaning My Room – Make picking up your room fun! This one is about Dirk and Nicole - two of the messiest people ever to wander the earth. When filming, the house looks like a puppet massacre…
PLUS - Another 10 tracks with instrumental versions of every song so you can sing along (kid’s karaoke!) or even make up your own words!
How You Can Help!
We launched this Kickstarter campaign to help us fund the final steps of releasing this new album. Due to technical difficulties with our hardware, a lot of our initial budget went to fixing or replacing equipment and now we don’t have quite enough to finance the final stages of our release. All of the songs are done, and recorded and in the final stages of mixing and mastering. With your help we will be able to complete the album, new videos and much, much more. We hope to infect the world’s youth with laughter, fun and learning!
Our budget includes:
- Completion of mastering of all music tracks
- Album cover art
- Paying our live guest instrumentalists that were roped into this insanity.
- Digital distribution to iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon, Google, etc.
- Physical production of sheet music for elementary school music classes and choirs – Music education is very important to us!
- Physical production of CDs
- Copyright registration fees
- At least 1 New Nirk’s Music Video
- Feeding the creatures… They have very specialized dietary needs…
If we surpass our funding goal, all additional funding will go towards other project-related expenses including:
- Music video production (at least 4 new videos)
- Puppet supplies for creation of new puppets and characters
- Professional Website Help
- Creating new web series of educational shorts featuring the Nirks
- Fund new computer and software (our equipment was state of the art…10 years ago! Hence the technical difficulties…)
- Hiring PROFESSIONAL help for marketing and publicity
Just For You!
We have some really fun, awesome incentives for you to show our appreciation for your support! Many of our awards will make excellent Holiday Gifts for children and grandchildren! We’ve poured our heart and soul into these new songs and videos and would love to share it with you, your kids and your grandkids.
Thank You For Viewing!
We can’t Thank You enough for your continued support of our insanity. Our fans, and all the little kids out there singing our songs and watching our videos are what keep us going!
You’ve already supported us just by viewing our campaign. If you don’t have any funds to contribute, but would still like to help, no problem! Please feel free to share this Kickstarter page with your friends, family and anyone with little kids! You can also help us by liking and subscribing to our YouTube videos www.youtube.com/inaworldmusic and leave a friendly hello comment – we love hearing from people! Please Like us on Facebook facebook.com/inaworldmusic and share our music and videos with your friends. You can watch all of our kid’s videos here and our Meet the Creatures series. Kids Videos!
Risks and challenges
• The Music is all done, recorded and mixed. Everything is running on schedule. If we reach our funding goal we can go to production right away. The downloads are ready to be sent immediately after successful funding of the project.
• Kickstarter is all or nothing. We don’t get a penny unless we reach our goal. If we don’t reach our funding goal of $2000, there is a possibility that one of our creatures will have to sell one of his 7 kidneys…
• This goal is the bare minimum for us to release our album. Any additional funds will enable us to continue making fun videos and music.
• You will not be charged unless our goal is met and funding completed.
• Slight delays in production are always a possibility, but since everything is pretty much completed, or being completed during this campaign, this is highly unlikely. We will let you know right away if there are any changes in our timeline.
• Our album will be released in November 2016 with one video accompanying it and hopefully a new video to follow each month. Our sheet music production will take a bit longer to complete. Our goal is to have it completed by May of 2017 barring any more computer issues.
- (25 days)