My name is Kaitlan Murphy, and I am a carpenter/potter based out of Revelstoke, BC. Last April I built a tiny house and on her side in big bold letters: Jumping Creek Pottery.
I began selling pottery out of my tiny house in July 2014. I sold mugs, pie plates, salad bowls, casserole dishes, cups and teapots to summer tourists. I sold out often and would be forced to close my doors while I threw, glazed and fired additional product in order to replenish my shelves.
Working within the limitations of my current studio set-up, the level of production required to sustain my summer business necessitated 16-hour days during the summer selling season. I am investing in the infrastructure of my studio to make my pottery production more efficient. These improvements are necessary in order to make Jumping Creek Pottery a viable success.
Through my kickstarter campaign, I am raising $25,000 in order to streamline my production studio.These funds will go towards:
- upgrading my electrical service to a 200amp system
- upgrading my kiln to a computerized production kiln
- purchasing 6,000lbs of clay
- covering the costs of my Kickstarter rewards production as well as shipping of the rewards
- HANDPAINTED WOODEN POST CARD - $10 CAD ($8 USD)
- CIDER CUP - $25 CAD ($20 USD)
- MORNING MUG - $34 CAD ($28 USD)
- FEATHER MUG - $34 CAD ($28 USD)
- SOUP BOWL - $40 CAD ($32 USD)
- 2 SWALLOW NEST BOWLS - $50 CAD ($40 USD)
- HERRING BONE CERAMIC EARINGS $50 CAD ($40 USD)
- PATTERN BOWL - $120 CAD ($96 USD)
- FEATHER BOWL - $120 CAD ($96 USD)
- MOUNTAIN BOWL - $160 CAD ($128 USD)
- SOURKRAUT CROCK - $200 CAD ($160 USD)
- BOWL SET - $300 CAD ($240 USD)
- WEDDING THANKS - $800 CAD ($640 USD)
- DINNER SET - $850 CAD ($680 USD)
- (EXCHANGE RATE BASED ON $1.25 CAD = $1 USD)
PLEASE NOTE FULL FUNDING OF $25,000 MUST BE REACHED IN ORDER TO FULFILL REWARDS. If funding is not reached, you will not be charged for your support.
SHIPPING. Shipping is not included in the price of the piece. Prices for shipping are shown when you click on individual rewards.
LOCAL PICK-UP REWARDS. When the pottery has been completed in June, I will email you directly for pick-up directions.
BOWL DRAW WINNER FROM RAC MOVIE NIGHT: TICKET 138 CALL 250-837-3597 TO PICK UP PRIZE!
Risks and challenges
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all" - Helen Keller
The risks and challenges involved with the Jumping Creek Pottery campaign include targeting a large enough audience to meet the campaign goal of $25,000.
Depending on the level of success of this campaign, there may be a challenge to produce all rewards by Sept 2015. This is a challenge that I can't wait to contend with!
- (30 days)